Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Just got the following from a friend in Texas, who got the messages from a friend who lost a "brother" in the fray, and an article he read:

"From a fellow Indian rider, about the loss of a friend at the Waco Massacre...

---------------------------------------------------------
Yep, lost a buddy of mine, he was Delgado Rodriquez, 65 years old and was not in any club, had never been in any club, never carried a gun nor a knife of any kind, never. My buddies who where on the scene (They all got detained but released) say they saw him running for cover when the police shot him in the head and throat and he fell on the spot.

The cops are saying he was a gang member, nope, was an Independent rider who was at the Confederations of Clubs and Independents to hear about Texas Legislative Issues that were to be talked about. He was a Vietnam Veteran like me and that is how I knew him from talking about our times over there, having a few brews together and just BSin'.

His family told me that they will not release his Vest to them, they wanted it to show the media that he was NOT wearing any Club Colors or Cuts, that it showed Vietnam Veteran and Proud U.S. Marine. He was a father and grand father and all around nice guy in just the wrong place and he got taken out.

Sad day for many reasons.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As reported in the Aging Rebel...

The Aging Rebel has learned that one Bandido was killed last Sunday. This page believes that seven members of the Cossacks Motorcycle Club and one unaffiliated biker were killed. The unaffiliated biker was 65-year-old Jesus Delgado Rodriguez, a former Marine who won a Purple Heart in Vietnam. The official cause of Rodriguez’ death was a “gunshot wound to the head and trunk.” Because of the nature of the fatal wound, this page believes Rodriguez was lying on the ground when he was shot in the head by a long rifle."

I know there's many angles from which a man can take a slug to the head/neck area, so that last may be a strethc, but I had a wondering perspective on this event from the start. I TRY not to go into these things with a bias on either side, which isn't always easy when ever ATFE is involved, but I strive for that anyway. What's life without a quest of SOME kind, right?

Anyway, with the story on the matter changing as rapidly and in the manner it has, it could very well get "interesting" before it's over and forgotten. I suspect we'll be hearing more on the event rather soon. Then again, most people aren't much interested in a bunch of bikers, no matter whether they're criminally inclined or as pure as the driven snow. That could say something about our "culture" too, I guess? Just a FWIW for any who still harbor questions about how LE's came to fire into a huge crowd of people.

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
An article in the local newspaper today concerned one of the arrestees from Schertz TX. According to his wife the guy, who is not in an Outlaw club and was not wearing colors, drove to the event in his car and was eating at a neighboring Mexican Restaurant with some acquaintances when the whole area was cordoned off. His wife said that when they evacuated the restaurant the police detained her husband and his friends because they were wearing Harley t-shirts.

Currently he's unable to meet the million dollars bond and she has been unable to see him.

I would expect some competent defense lawyers will be hired, and that as you said this incident will be generating stories for a while. Seems like with this many witnesses, along with footage from inside the restaurant, the whole story will eventually come out.

I've seen a photo in another edition of the deceased 65 yo Vietnam Vet ex-Marine, in those few seconds where, for better or worse, appearance may have counted for rather a lot, I gotta say with his braided hair and beard he didn't look like an Investment Banker.

(and no, I ain't saying it was his fault)

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not trying to judge, but I could write a book on how to stay out of that situation. There were red flags before they even showed up for their meeting. Sucks.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Everyone wants to wear fake colors and pretend to be a "Biker". Maybe not a good idea to wear a vest that can be mistaken for real colors. There was a time when the Angels or Pagans would dress someone down pretty hard for wearing fake colors.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Kinda like running around pointing a bb gun at people. You'll get away with it for awhile......

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Source: A Cop friend of a good friend as told to me this evening by said friend so FWIW......

The Cop was on the scene in the immediate aftermath and said that when the Bandidos arrived at Twin Peaks they had parked in such a manner so as to block the exits from the parking lot. Dunno the truth of it, I do believe my friend was accurately reporting what was told to him.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I've been saying this from the very beginning.

The cops screwed the pooch on this one and the lawsuits are gonna be HUGE.

Big bad bikers. A retired cop, a decorated vet and a grandma.

Profound stupidity at work in this massive clusterpuck.

The Tea Party Movement is pretty much the same as a bowel movement except that it smells worse and has far less in the way of intelligent content.
--DancesWithGuns
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It hurts when I'm so right about these things, doesn't it?

grin grin grin

Try to be brave. You'll get over it.

The Tea Party Movement is pretty much the same as a bowel movement except that it smells worse and has far less in the way of intelligent content.
--DancesWithGuns
IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by DancesWithGuns
It hurts when I'm so right about these things, doesn't it?

grin grin grin

Try to be brave. You'll get over it.

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Lots of innocent folks have died over the years in soccor match stampedes and nightclub fires. There are safer places to be.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
65 seems pretty young for a nom. Vet .

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks, I'm 65 and a Vietnam Vet but I don't feel young. Tom

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by ldholton
65 seems pretty young for a nom. Vet .

Yep, story not ringing with truth, and I have it on good authority that things are not what they seem, but I like you all was not there and the truth gets used and distorted the way others want it to be.

So no one can gloat because it is all just theory for now.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by TomA
Thanks, I'm 65 and a Vietnam Vet but I don't feel young. Tom

Yes sir I thought about my statement and I Brain farted , but 65 now would be on the young end . Thank you fir your service sir .

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
?? A person 65 at present would have been born in '49 or '50, and turned 18 in '67 or '68.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

"I heard it from a guy, who heard it from a guy," is generally not a reliable source of information.

We're going to hear a lot more from guys who heard things from guys who weren't there, but know somebody who was.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I believe the Bandidos do not tolerate the lower state rocker on colors of non Bandidos in their territory, being the alpha club.
There are pics of the scene where Cossacks are wearing the "Texas" lower state rocker. That is a declaration of war.
I saw this biker color protocol trouble in 1968.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Funny how when the cops shoot down someone with a criminal record everyone absolves them because the dead person was scum...regardless of what benign a tivity they may have been involved in at the time.
Then the logic reverses and when someone without a criminal background decides to play bad-azz biker dude and gets killed the whole "play stupid games" mentality dissolves.
Is the concept a gradient scale based on color?
If the dead are muslim they just have to be present, black and urban it doesn't matter if the cops shoot them in the back, mexicans must be resisting and white trailer trash must have a criminal record whereas white suburbanites must be sporting a pipe bomb wrapped in AIDS dipped rats and running towards a day care.
I give it another 5 years and many of you will flip your ideas.
See, right now, the wave is formed. Its right over you, but, you don't see it because your watching the beach.
Many, many of us are in the same water facing the other way and see it coming. That doesn't mean its not going to crash and get us both, just that some of us will see it coming.
[Linked Image]

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

359 members (16penny, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 43 invisible), 2,517 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,015
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.