Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
http://www.wtoc.com/story/29056935/...-during-home-invasion?clienttype=generic

Of young dumb girls, set up by a "friend" and robbed by animals.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I guess the mudshark was her friend?

Katie O'Connor is too frightened to go back to her own apartment and feels partly responsible because she trusted a friend.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Overland Park is one of the wealthiest cities in one of the wealthiest counties in the nation. Predators go where the prey is. Political correctness demands that adherents ignore warning signals ingrained in the genes of generations of humans going back into the mists of time. The video proves that ignorance is not always bliss.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
obama boys, again.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
pray to the good Lord nothing like that ever happens to my daughter

I've not yet reached zen like control of my temper

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My niece and her husband still live less than 10 blocks from the address. My wifes sister and her husband lived there for 20 years, and it seemed like a pretty safe neighborhood, i.e. when visiting we would walk our dogs after dark.

Maybe 5 years ago one evening about dusk my SisIL and I had 3 small dogs on leash and were walking a circle that included a neighborhood park. As we made our way thru the park I noticed a young man with a hoodie up over his head gaining on us rapidly. Convinced he was up to no good, when he was about 20 yards from us I turned and stared him down with my hand in an empty pocket. He made an abrupt left face and broke into a run across the grass.

Yep, there's predators in every neighborhood. Now I make it practice not to have an empty pocket when in town.

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Overland Park is one of the wealthiest cities in one of the wealthiest counties in the nation. Predators go where the prey is. Political correctness demands that adherents ignore warning signals ingrained in the genes of generations of humans going back into the mists of time. The video proves that ignorance is not always bliss.

Interesting as I never saw it. I lived there for ~8 months back in 2000 via hotel running a project out of Black and Veatch's office. Nice place but not what I would think to be the wealthiest cities in the nation.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Low key, Johnson County has a lot of old money.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by supercrewd
Low key, Johnson County has a lot of old money.

Never count out the 'old money'. There is lots of places that would surprise you.

Dont know about now, but back in the '70's, Ruston, La. had the most millionaires per capita of any place in the US.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DaddyRat
http://www.wtoc.com/story/29056935/...-during-home-invasion?clienttype=generic

Of young dumb girls, set up by a "friend" and robbed by animals.

Isn't that some brazen schitt?
I hope they nail them.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Interesting as I never saw it. I lived there for ~8 months back in 2000 via hotel running a project out of Black and Veatch's office. Nice place but not what I would think to be the wealthiest cities in the nation.
http://www.theagitator.com/wp-content/uploads/cm-capture-121.jpg

That map is like the 100 richest counties in the US as of a few years back.

Overland Park is probably not THE wealthiest in the county, but it is one of them. The money has moved south to an extent, but as Supercrewd alluded, there are still a lot of rich old folks who at some point, just stayed where they were at. I saw a better map than this just awhile back but couldn't find it in the time I wanted to put in doing so. It seems like Johnson County was like 4th or 14th in the nation, IIRC. Leawood is probably THE wealthiest town in the county.

Crime can happen anywhere at any time. You still have a lot of relatively safe neighborhoods in JOCO but you have poor, unsafe ones very close up in Wyandotte and in Jackson county in Missouri. Stealing from poor neighbors is not very profitable, plus a stupid bird fouls its own nest. Many thieves are not completely stupid and follow the money.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I know that crooks aren't particularly smart, but hell!,...the woman who was robbed knows the woman who set her up and is running around on the video.

Even if there wasn't a video, all she has to do is name the woman who set it up and it's done.

How stupid do people get?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

347 members (17Fan, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugemag, 1100mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 43 invisible), 2,389 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,077
Posts18,501,557
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.