Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
come out smelling like chit.

All these resurrection threads merely for the purpose of demeaning another person, regardless of the character of the person demeaned, do more to harm your own reputation than harm the person you were targeting. His reputation is already crystal clear (or should I say pure chit).

I've been disappointed in some people on here.

It's one thing to respond and another to instigate with ill intent.

I honestly don't know why RickBin allows this site to get so polluted. He should ban anyone that develops a reputation for conning other 'fire members and keep a better house.

Rant over. If nothing else, I guess at least there is an ignore button. I've never used it, but I guess the time has come. It's gotten too ugly.

Erik

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 05/25/15.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Well said, sir.

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Erik,

There's more than one way to look at things.

Rick pretty much lets the site be "self regulating"..

With that comes the cleansing from within. When the members have had a bellyful, they take care of things in their own way, and it's probably as effective as the ban hammer. May not be as pretty, but at least the person being tarred, feathered, and run out of town on a rail has only themselves to blame.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whose to say SM ain't sitting at the computer and giggling everytime his post is
brought to the top?

Can't shame the shameless.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have to chuckle at all this talk of banning a person. If and when it's done, all that is banned is a beloved oracle's post count.

5 minutes later, same said person can be back up and running with a new name, new avatar and sometimes even a new IP.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by slumlord
I have to chuckle at all this talk of banning a person. If and when it's done, all that is banned is a beloved oracle's post count.

5 minutes later, same said person can be back up and running with a new name, new avatar and sometimes even a new IP.

Which is exactly why the constant pressure, and keeping his cons in the forefront works better. Eventually he will decide to find another place to ply his wares and not show up here nearly as often, even when he does it will likely be low key.

A good example is TRH

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Erik,

There's more than one way to look at things.

Rick pretty much lets the site be "self regulating"..

With that comes the cleansing from within. When the members have had a bellyful, they take care of things in their own way, and it's probably as effective as the ban hammer. May not be as pretty, but at least the person being tarred, feathered, and run out of town on a rail has only themselves to blame.

that's how it works.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
This has played out over years. Tarring and feathering hasn't worked. I've only been a around a few years, but I've seen this all at least 3 times with this poster. Ban him, ban the IP. People are good at telling who people are just based upon the writing style. If they pop up under a new IP, people will figure it out quickly, point him out and you ban him again.

"Self-regulating" = "Lazy". The same reason this site has had so many performance problems over the years. When 2 out of every 10 threads are about a person that doesn't care, then it just pollutes the forum.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
This has played out over years. Tarring and feathering hasn't worked. I've only been a around a few years, but I've seen this all at least 3 times with this poster. Ban him, ban the IP. People are good at telling who people are just based upon the writing style. If they pop up under a new IP, people will figure it out quickly, point him out and you ban him again.

"Self-regulating" = "Lazy". The same reason this site has had so many performance problems over the years. When 2 out of every 10 threads are about a person that doesn't care, then it just pollutes the forum.

If you're so discouraged with how this place is ran, you are free to
Leave...the rest of us are secure enough to take the good with the bad it seems

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
just leave, no one cares what you think.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The safari man thing is nuts. One would think
He would leave,
Detractors would get tired,
I would ignore it all.

But it is like a train wreck, I just have to look. grin

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jimmyp
A lot of us here agree with him. everyone knows what is going on. I would just let it die. Lets get on with life and having fun at the Fire.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
One more thing. It's Memorial Day. How many went to a cematary, walked the rows, and said thank you to every grave with a flag. I did. I found it a lell of a lot better spent time than bitching about a campfire member. Kind of amazing some folks priorities.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jimmyp

And then there are those that smelled before they dove in.

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
The wait it out method sure didn't work with Big Stick. All the hero worshipers ,few that there were, would always stick up for him and expound on his greatness and the rest of us had to put up with his blather. The longer he was around,the worse he got.He always acted like one of those school yard bullies, that went home and cried themselves to sleep at night.

It has been mostly pleasantly quite since he got booted.

As for this other nonsense, the guys that initiate those type of threads are just as bad as the person they post about. Immature buffons for sure.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Scott F

I was at Tahoma National Cemetery today and yesterday. Very emotional today with many of the VFW and AL Posts present. The crowd was very somber and all the flags posted by the High School next to Tahoma was a sight to see.
Both of my wife's parents (World War II vets)and two of her uncles are buried there.
God bless em.

W. Bill

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't lie.

I don't steal.

People who take advantage of the elderly are lower than pond scum to me.

You really think I'm just as bad as Claiborne?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
No, I'm saying is you roll in the gut pile, you end up smelling like it. What I said was that RickBin should get rid of the pond scum. SM gets some perverse thrill out of people knowing who he is. Otherwise, he would have come back under a different screen name.

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Scott F

I was at Tahoma National Cemetery today and yesterday. Very emotional today with many of the VFW and AL Posts present. The crowd was very somber and all the flags posted by the High School next to Tahoma was a sight to see.
Both of my wife's parents (World War II vets)and two of her uncles are buried there.
God bless em.

W. Bill

Amen!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Headed to the Korea Memorial this afternoon. My wife has an uncle who has never been found. He was at Chosen two days after his enlistment was up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 46 invisible), 2,309 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,397
Posts18,470,010
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.