Print Thread
Hop To
B
BC3 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I'm looking for Winchester contact info and can't seem to located it on their website. The new 270WSM brass I purchased with the WW headstamp will not allow primers to seat flush without using excessive force and flattening the primer with the seating tool. It looks to me like the pockets were not sized properly. My Remington brass seats tight but does not flatten the primers. I'd like to have WW replace the brass but can't find any way to get in touch with them.
Brian

GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
It's on their website, just buried.

Winchester Contact Info

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Be aware that Winchester guns and Winchester ammo(and components) are totally separate corporations. The "Winchester" name is licensed to FNH-USA for firearms by Olin Corp. Winchester ammo (and the trademark, "Winchester" is owned by Olin Corp.
You can get to the contact info for Winchester ammo by following links about Winchester ammo only. Olin Corp. is in Mo.

Proud member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Good luck trying to get ahold of anyone. Itried several #'s including the one posted in the link above all to no avail..

I got a few new bags of 300 Savage brass that is downright terrible!! Can't get anyone to answer a phone or find an email address to talk to anyone.

[Linked Image]

what you see depends on what your looking for!!
D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by BC3
I'm looking for Winchester contact info and can't seem to located it on their website. The new 270WSM brass I purchased with the WW headstamp will not allow primers to seat flush without using excessive force and flattening the primer with the seating tool. It looks to me like the pockets were not sized properly. My Remington brass seats tight but does not flatten the primers. I'd like to have WW replace the brass but can't find any way to get in touch with them.
Brian

You should ream all of the primer pockets before seating primers with new brass, either Rem, or Win.
I had 300 Rem 30-30 cases that I could NOT seat a primer fully into the pocket. Same problem you have, only with Rem brass.
Buy the primer pocket reamer from Sinclair, Intl, and their adaptor so you can do the reaming with a cordless drill.
No need calling Win, as the next bag(s) they send you could be worse than the ones you have now.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DMB
Originally Posted by BC3
Brian

You should ream all of the primer pockets before seating primers with new brass, either Rem, or Win.
I had 300 Rem 30-30 cases that I could NOT seat a primer fully into the pocket. Same problem you have, only with Rem brass.
Buy the primer pocket reamer from Sinclair, Intl, and their adaptor so you can do the reaming with a cordless drill.
No need calling Win, as the next bag(s) they send you could be worse than the ones you have now.

I"ll agree with DMB. I've had to uniform primer pockets with WW brass for the same reason. I use a hand primer and I like the consistent feel of seating primers after they have been uniformed. I also use the reamer for cleaning the primer pockets. The one I have is a Lyman and it works fine. I have not tried any of the others. As far as messed up necks, I just run then through the sizer die and wait till after the first loading to trim to a consistent length.

fish head

B
BC3 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I've got a pocket reamer and I did cut a few deeper but I was concerned that I would weaken the case if I went too deep.
Brian

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BC3
I've got a pocket reamer and I did cut a few deeper but I was concerned that I would weaken the case if I went too deep.
Brian

Don't worry about it. A primer pocket uniformer will only remove enough brass to make them as they should be in the first place. Perfectly uniform in diameter and depth. The one I have stops at the proper depth, it can't go too deep.

What tool are you using?

fish head

B
BC3 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I'm using an older Midway tool. Its a hex shaped piece of steel about 3" long with a large rifle carbide cutter on one end and a small rifle cutter on the other. The depth of cut is adjustable via a set screw for the cutter but I've never messed with it. It works well for cleaning pockets out as well.

Brian

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Use your tool and ream a case till it bottoms out then seat a primer and check how far below flush it is. Or measure and check it against a new primer.

The proper seating depth is .004 below flush (about the thickness of a piece of paper).

It's probably set perfect the way it is.

fish head

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Got a contact # if you still need it?? Wouldn't hurt to have it for future reference anyway!!

1-800-356-2666 ext. 3300 or ext. 3565

without the extensions you go round and round with the automated system!!

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Savage99Nut did you get any help from them.

Alan

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Yes they are sending me 100 new pcs of brass.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Thanks Savage I have a few hundred pcs coming from a dealer in eastern Canada nice to know one can get some service if there's a problem with it once it gets here. Sure wish I could have found some closer to home.

Alan

B
BC3 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I always feel each primer after I seat it so I've got a pretty good "calibrated finger" as to the seating depth. I'll give WW a call first to see if they make good on the batch (thank goodness I only bought 50). If not, lesson learned and I'll commence cutting.
Thanks for the contact number Savage99Nut.
Brian

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As DMB already said, don't count on a new bag being any better. They just don't make perfect brass and that's why there is primer pocket uniformers.

fish head

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,470
Posts18,471,431
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.