24hourcampfire.com
-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Earl48 Offline OP
OP Offline
Looking to find a good deal on bulk .223 rem brass. Anyone know of a good lead? Thx

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Welcome to the Campfire Earl...

Let me ask ya, how much of it are you looking for?

have a local source for it, that is not available on the internet, but it is reasonable.. and is Remington and/or Federal head stamps....

if it is what you might be looking for, would be happy to pick it up and ship it for ya...

PM me if you want more details, as I can make a phone call.. how much volume you may want can change the price, to your advantage..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
If you have a police academy in your area, or even a reasonably large police department, give them a call and ask to speak with their firearms instructor. All of them use 5.56mm these days and the once fired brass can be a headache to dispose of. We tried to sell ours as shooting brass for awhile but eventually settled for just taking it to the scrap yard and getting salvage value.

You might be able to get a bunch for whatever the scrap value of the brass happens to be at the moment.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
One of my former students is a LEO for a nearby department. A couple of years ago he gave me a 5 gallon bucket of mixed brass from their range certification. I got enough .223, 45 ACP, 40 S&W, and .38 Special to keep me going for a long while. This post reminded me that I need to call him again.

D
D
LEObrass.com has good deals and it changes all the time. It's where I got my LC brass for $6/100.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
my source is from the Oregon State Police... our range picks it up and sells it for like $25 for 500 pieces...to support youth programs and things like that...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Now DATS a good idea!

More LE Depts. should do that!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shhhh, Obama might hear about it.....

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
try www.tjconevera.com if you are looking for 1x mil-spec, ready to load. They also have new Lake City from time to time.

Conevera's brass has machine uniformed primer pockets. All military brass has primers crimped in place. Unless you buy a special tool to remove the crimp, the brass is not usable. A good tool is the Dillon 600 if you have $100 to spend.

Conevera also has bullet & brass deals. Prices used to include shipping by Priority. Very good stuff worth considering.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
One of the better deals on new brass is new LC brass,from places like Gaff and Sons or Midway.In the past,I have always bought new Winchester bulk brass,but their (and everyone else) QC seems to have slipped. Lightman

lightman
IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
crod1972 posts brass for sale here regularly. I've bought a bunch of new and once fired brass from him, including 223, and have been happy with the quality and the price.

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Check Brassman.com 1500 rds. $90. or 2500 for $140. believe you will have to remove crimp

T
T
Hogan seems to be confused on the issue of Conevera having 223 brass that has the crimp still in tact. I am John Conevera from TJ Conevera. We have never sold once fired brass that has the crimp in. Why purchase a $15,000 Scharch machine to remove such a crimp in primer pocket and not used the machine.
I was advised by a member of this site.
This isn't a slam I just wanted to set the record straight.

Earl48 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by tjconevera
Hogan seems to be confused on the issue of Conevera having 223 brass that has the crimp still in tact. I am John Conevera from TJ Conevera. We have never sold once fired brass that has the crimp in. Why purchase a $15,000 Scharch machine to remove such a crimp in primer pocket and not used the machine.
I was advised by a member of this site.
This isn't a slam I just wanted to set the record straight.

I just received my bulk brass shipment from Conevera and I can tell you that the brass is in great shape. Cleaned, deprimed and reamed. No trimming required. Ready to load. Highly recommended!

R
R
hello all new here. sorry for bringing up an old thread(kinda googled myself here). seafire if you could if you could email or pm or something me the name/contact info for that range it would be much appreciated a good price on brass and a good cause might be too much to pass up. Thank you.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
rdfrog21,

I'm not Seafire, just wanted to welcome you to the 'Fire!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

R
R
Thanks

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1234, 16gage, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 2,338 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,402
Posts18,470,144
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.