Print Thread
Hop To
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Don't know if anyone has tried these as of yet...

I picked up a box of 32 grainers for the 204 tonight at Sportsman's....and a box of 35 grainers in 22 Caliber...

on initial checking them out when I got home and opened the boxes, both bullets are long for their weight as I expected..being Lead free...

and both being Nosler's I am sure they are going to be as accurate as always...

these were also priced the same as regular ballistic tips were, so the price is not higher like on some other 'lead free' bullets...

I have also been testing Alliant's New AR Comp powder and with it have been getting some pretty impressive velocities with light bullets, and the accuracy has been stellar... even bettering some of the best loads in my rifles that have been used for years...

will be interesting to see how fast these can be pushed... and if they will make a difference at long range, or the lighter weigh will work against it for 400 yds and longer range...

the box also lists the bullets envelope still being able to open up down to 1600 fps...want to play with them with light loads also duplicating the old 22 Mag to 22 Hornet and 218 Bee specs....

although by Speer, I also picked up a box of Speer's new 39 grain 20 caliber TNT bullet... many of we Varmint shooters also swear by the TNTs as accurate and explosive...

also going to see how they stack up in the 204...

thrilled by a bag full of new varmint bullets to play with, in 20 caliber, 22 centerfire and 22 Win Mag...

after testing for accuracy, then the key is to get out and try some fur bearing volunteers to show how well they function in that department...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seafire,

Are these new Nosler lead-free bullets similar to the Barns lead-free?, or do they have a lead-free core?

Sound interesting!

Thanks! Virgil B.

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
Seafire,

Are these new Nosler lead-free bullets similar to the Barns lead-free?, or do they have a lead-free core?

Sound interesting!

Thanks! Virgil B.

http://www.nosler.com/bullets/ballistic-tip-lead-free.aspx

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I've been using them in one of my .223s since last summer. They're accurate, pure hell on chipmunks and function well over 12 grains of Blue Dot.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seafire,

Thanks for the link!

Sounds like a GREAT bullet! Gotta get some for my Green Hornet! The 35 grainers should work great in it.

Virgil B.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've been using the 55gr 6mm bullet in one of my coyote guns and love it. Enough integrity to not splash and break bones but no exits. My favorit pelt hunting bullet in the 6mm-204. Everyone must like them no one has had them on the self in 6 months.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
447 members (10gaugemag, 338reddog, 29aholic, 17CalFan, 257man, 260madman, 47 invisible), 2,584 guests, and 825 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,186,232
Posts18,371,300
Members73,765
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.