Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Looking for some referrals for a Moose hunt in Alberta (maybe BC) for my wife. She has always wanted to hunt Alaska but we quickly determined it was beyond our budget.
Looking for a family-oriented operation that is experienced with women hunters. I would be hunting as well but only after my wife fills her tag (although I wouldn't mind a place where I could have a chance of running into a large Alberta whitetail.....).
We don't like driving around in motorized vehicles looking for game, rather be walking. We aren't looking for record-book racks, just a reasonable chance at connecting with a MATURE bull. We are interested in bringing home as much meat as possible and a quality experience (equals "trophy" for us).
Doesn't look like we'll EVER draw a moose tag here in Montana and I'd really like her to have the opportunity to shoot one!
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

elkjaeger

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pm on its way re. Fredlund Guide Service in BC..... www.fredlundguideservice.com

E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Got it.....Thanks!!!!!!

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
another to check out iswww. savageencounters.com this outfitters name is Chad Lenz,he outfits out of Caroline Alberta.You stay in a 5 bedroom lodge that is very accomadating for ladies.Chads wife is a accomplished hunter. He takes some real decent Alberta moose,and has some whopper whitetails as well muledeer.elk.and my favorite WOLVES!!!!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My second choice was going to be Chad "Savage" Lenz as well......another excellent choice...

IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Thanks guys.
Initiated some contact with Aaron Fredlund and his operation looks outstanding but have always been a comparison shopper. Ultimately it will be my wife's decision.
Really appreciate your time taken to respond.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Carter Outfitting for Alberta Moose and Whitetail.
Its a man and his wife as outfitters, you may be interested.

E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Thanks StrayDog, I'll check them as well.

E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Thanks to all who responded.

After reviewing their website, speaking with their references,
checking with other hunters familiar with their area, and comparing bottom-line pricing........not to mention the email conversations with Aaron....we hope to be booking with fredlundguideservice.com in the near future.

Looks like they have plenty of Moose over 50 inches, lots of other wildlife to look at, a choice between a modern camp you can drive to or spike camps accessible by horses, and most importantly Aaron and his wife are a young, enthusiatic couple who apparently take great pride in providing a great hunting experience.
Thanks Trevor!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Elk,
I'll be talkin with Aaron tonight as I missed his call yesterday. I'm sure you wont be disapointed as Aaron and Jessica are two hard hunting people with a pile of adventure and enthusiasm at providing you a great hunt. I'll be lookin forward to seeing how things go for ya!

IC B3

J
JJS Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I have had the pleasure of being in the same hunting camp as Aaron the past three years in Alberta. Aaron is very knowledgeable, works hard for his clients, and is a good guy. I hope one day to hunt with him in BC....I am sure his operation in BC is first rate...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

681 members (17CalFan, 204guy, 160user, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 67 invisible), 3,170 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,960
Posts18,499,168
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.