Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/03/03/rollins.health.who.pays/index.html

Link is to a pretty articulate opinion piece on CNN, of all places, taking the Administration to task for not coming clean about who will actually be footing the bill for govt health care.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Only complete fools and imbeciles have no idea that WE the PEOPLE will be paying for this gov't debacle..

The vast majority of those listed above were P-BO voters..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Here is the situation as I see it.

Eight-five percent (85%) of the people in this country have some kind of health care coverage and through that they get access to the best health care system in the world.

Fifteen percent (15%) of the people do not have health care insurance. That's because they are lazy, irresponsible, drug addicts. Not because they are "under priveledged". OK they are "under priveledged" but that's because they are lazy, irresponsible drug addicts. Just the same they get free health care by showing up at the emergency room every time they scratch their finger and the rest of us already pay for it through high insurance premiums and high health care costs. No one is turned away from a hospital emergency room even if they can't pay.

If the government takes over the health care system, it will be substantially dimished in quality and it will be more expensive and everything will take longer. In short they will ruin our health care system. They can't even run the US Postal System efficiently, like Fed EX or UPS. How in the world can we expect them to run 1/3 of the country's economy.

Most of the 85% of the people who have health care coverage are not willing to see that destroyed so that the remaining 15% can have free health care coverage. Whatever happened to majority rule?

Yes, the cost of health care needs to be reduced. But that should be done through tort reform, controls on insurance companies, controls on the cost of drugs, controls on the cost of hospital care, and by deporting about 10,000,000 illegal aliens who are a drain on the system. All this can be done without nationalizing the health care system.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Yeah, but that wouldn't be 'hope and change', ya know..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
from now on, am gonna ask KC to comment on healthcare for me, becuase he says it better. Exceptions being, how do you "control" market cost of drugs and hospital care w/o sliding into arbitrary gov't controls and bueracracy. Let the market decide. IMO, if medicaid/gov't "competition" and illegal immigrants disappeared and KC's suggestions implemented, you would see the healthcare "problems" resolve overnight while retaining top-tier quality.

The post office analogy is spot on. Just sat thru another gov't meeting of bureaucrats who know nothing of medical practice/patient care, but appointed by a gov't hospital, to write various iron-clad, gov't enforced policies that ignore real challenges/opportunities and serve no constructive purpose but waste time and spend money. End product? Sub-par. Why? "Who cares, we're getting paid" - attitude. Lord, let it not go nationwide.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Why does any kind of reform have to cost the taxpayer anything!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Slipstream
http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/03/03/rollins.health.who.pays/index.html

Link is to a pretty articulate opinion piece on CNN, of all places, taking the Administration to task for not coming clean about who will actually be footing the bill for govt health care.

No that little SOB didn't lie again?

NRA Lifetime Member
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
They can't even run the US Postal System efficiently, like Fed EX or UPS. How in the world can we expect them to run 1/3 of the country's economy.

[/quote]

Or the IRS, medi-Care, Social Security, or any other thing they touch.

The way I see this bill is that they are just giving 30 million people insurance. Period. There is nothing in it that will bring down costs its pure F-ing WELFARE. They hope the system gets so bad that we will bag for the gov't to take the whole thing over.

Last edited by Jammer; 03/09/10.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Jammer
They can't even run the US Postal System efficiently, like Fed EX or UPS. How in the world can we expect them to run 1/3 of the country's economy.

Can you send a letter by FEDX/UPS at postal rates?
The USPS also delivers at ridiculous rates for the publishing industry...big business on welfare again.

Originally Posted by Jammer

Or the IRS, medi-Care, Social Security, or any other thing they touch.

The way I see this bill is that they are just giving 30 million people insurance. Period. There is nothing in it that will bring down costs its pure F-ing WELFARE. They hope the system gets so bad that we will bag for the gov't to take the whole thing over.

This welfare program will have the money running thru the fingures of 30mil into the coffers of the insurance industry.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
This welfare program will have the money running thru the fingures of 30mil into the coffers of the insurance industry.

You got it.....smoke 'em if you got em. I think you and I disagree...maybe.

This is tough sh*t to wade through no question. It's welfare for the poor folk aint it? On the other hand there are legit folks that need some of this help. Yes my family will get hit with both the cadillac tax and the +250 tax. So I do have a vested interest in this.

This is exactly why you take it step by step on stuff you can agree on. When you rob Peter to pay Paul you will certainly have a lot more Paul's.

One question that doesn't seem to actually be discussed is if this thing is so good why did Lousiana, Nebraska, Conn, Florida, and a host of others have to be bought off to get it past the Senate. Let alone a the current judgeship in Utah. Ya I know this is "how its done" but is that good policy for the average guy that just wants to go to work and have the gov't stay the F out of his business?

Last edited by Jammer; 03/09/10.
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1minute, 1badf350, 2500HD, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 117LBS, 59 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,167
Posts18,503,094
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.