Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Convicted Lockerbie bomber Abdel Basset al-Megrahi is comatose, near death and likely to take secrets of the attack on Pan Am Flight 103 to his grave, CNN has found.

CNN found al-Megrahi under the care of his family in his palatial Tripoli villa Sunday, surviving on oxygen and an intravenous drip.

Al-Megrahi was released from the jail on compassionate grounds in 2009 after serving eight years of a 27-year sentence for his involvement in the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 in December 1988. All 259 passengers and crew aboard the plane, plus 11 people in the Scottish border town of Lockerbie, were killed.

Phil

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Apparently, he's dying slowly but surely, which should be satisfying to those of us who want him to go in as uncomfortable a manner as possible. The sight of close-ahead death, to the unrepentant, must be terrifying indeed.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'm way past the compassionate stage of my life, there are far too [bleep] many people sucking oxygen that should have had a bullet put through their head a long time ago...
The three strike law is a good concept, but there needs to be a better alternative in place than just keeping them locked up & sucking resources out of the public teet...a .22 in the back of their head while looking down in a pit they dug themselves would be a good start...
Major felonies such as rape, child molestation & murder equal an automatic tally of three strikes...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
� rape, child molestation & murder �

Thanks for the spark that just lit-up a great new insight into ancient problems �

Rape, child molestation & murder � three crimes that the victims can not undo the effects of.

Hard to miss, once you've finally seen it.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
I do think that the bombing of an airliner and the taking of nearly 300 lives far exceed what might be expected in a rape, child molestation, or murder case.

To serve only 8 years and then be allowed to go home to be with family and friends, even if in a slow death just doesn't seem like punishment.

My line of thinking would be more to the tune of Vlad the Impaler, shove a grape stake up his ass and plant along side the road leading to the crash site for all to see.

Along with the judge that released him!

Of course that might offend the victims and their families!

Phil

IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
I'm way past the compassionate stage of my life, there are far too [bleep] many people sucking oxygen that should have had a bullet put through their head a long time ago...
The three strike law is a good concept, but there needs to be a better alternative in place than just keeping them locked up & sucking resources out of the public teet...a .22 in the back of their head while looking down in a pit they dug themselves would be a good start...
Major felonies such as rape, child molestation & murder equal an automatic tally of three strikes...
+100 I am about to retire looking for a part time gig if they are looking I'll suply all necessary equipment.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (160user, 1minute, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 58 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,182
Posts18,503,266
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.