-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
A 17 year old girl in England has lived exclusively on Chicken Nuggets for the last 15 years. Now she's hospitalized with severe nutritional problems and doctors have told her to eat right or die. Her mother (if you can call her that) says the girl just likes them and won't eat anything else. This started when the girl was only 2 years old. Mamma can't control a 2 yo's diet?
----------------------------
Child Abuse? 17-Year-Old Drops After Eating Only Chicken Nuggets Since Age 2
Teenager taken to hospital after passing out from complications due to hazardous diet.
By Sarah Fuss
January 27, 2012

Stacey Irvine looks surprisingly well for a 17-year-old who's eaten only chicken nuggets since she was 2. But when she recently went to the hospital after passing out from struggling to breathe, doctors told her that she absolutely had to eat more healthily.

"She's been told in no uncertain terms that she will die if she carries on like this, but Stacey says she can't eat anything else," her mom, Evonne, told U.K.'s Daily Mail. "It breaks my heart to see her eating those damned nuggets. I am at my wit's end. I'm praying she can be helped before it's too late."
Join a CSA and Have Fresh Produce Delivered to Your Door

Stacey claims never to have tasted fruits or vegetables, but admits to sometimes eating fries and toast. "McDonald's chicken nuggets are my favorite," said Stacey. "I share 20 with my boyfriend, with [fries]." She also enjoys nuggets from KFC and the supermarket.

Evonne says her two younger children eat normally, and that she's tried depriving Stacey of food to force her to expand her repertoire.

In the hospital, Stacey was injected with much-needed vitamins and doctors found that she suffered from anaemia and inflamed veins on her tongue due to her obsessive diet.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
yes, the "parents" should be prosecuted.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Evonne says her two younger children eat normally, and that she's tried depriving Stacey of food to force her to expand her repertoire.

Not long enough obviously.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Let Darwin's Theory run its course I say.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Mama probably allows the kids to vote on everything, too.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Let Darwin's Theory run its course I say.

I would say that as well,
if I didn't have to pay to keep these misfits for the rest of their days!

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by ColsPaul
yes, the "parents" should be prosecuted.

What ever happened to the concept of parental control of a child? If it's OK to spank, why can't a parent let the kid eat whatever she wants? Many here support the right of the parent to decide what's best for kids.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
There just aren't enough side shows for all the out of work freaks.

Someone needs to cut a limb out of a dogwood tree and wear both of them out with it. EVERYDAY, until they both jump into the leaning rest every time a McDonald's commercial comes on television.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Notice they didn't say anything about the dad. She probably pushed him out of the house with her stupidity long ago. How stupid can you be to allow a 2yo to tell you what they will eat? Very typical female, making decisions with emotion instead of intelligence.

I think, therefore I am, conservative.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wonder what the mother considers a "normal" diet? My bet is that the other kids eat like schitt too.

Re: Letting Darwin run his course, I'd bet that has already happened, albeit in a different sense. My bet is that the girl, due to malnutrition, will never be able to bear (healthy) children.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
that girl needs some diversity in her diet

do they not have any Burger Kings or Wendy's there?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
that girl needs some diversity in her diet

do they not have any Burger Kings or Wendy's there?

LOL

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
If you can prosecute this mother for child abuse, then half the mothers in America are liable.

I see obese little kids at an alarming rate. Kids don't get fat unless their parents feed them crap, and too much of it. The problem ain't the kids, it ain't their metabolism... it's mother's inability to discipline her kids' eating habits.

A preschooler who weighs 75 pounds is almost certainly doomed to a life of obesity, with attendant disabilities that Joe Taxpayer will have to pay for.

The best thing a parent can do for his/her kids' nutrition is withhold refined sugars and ALL fast foods. That kid wouldn't have a nutritional crisis if her mother hadn't taken her to McDonald's when she was 2 years old. Mom got lazy and stayed lazy, is all.

As DD once said, "only buy food from the outside walls of the supermarket". Feed 'em venison and lots of wild fish, home-grown vegetables, and whole grains.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DocRocket
If you can prosecute this mother for child abuse, then half the mothers in America are liable.

I see obese little kids at an alarming rate. Kids don't get fat unless their parents feed them crap, and too much of it. The problem ain't the kids, it ain't their metabolism... it's mother's inability to discipline her kids' eating habits.

A preschooler who weighs 75 pounds is almost certainly doomed to a life of obesity, with attendant disabilities that Joe Taxpayer will have to pay for.

The best thing a parent can do for his/her kids' nutrition is withhold refined sugars and ALL fast foods. That kid wouldn't have a nutritional crisis if her mother hadn't taken her to McDonald's when she was 2 years old. Mom got lazy and stayed lazy, is all.

As DD once said, "only buy food from the outside walls of the supermarket". Feed 'em venison and lots of wild fish, home-grown vegetables, and whole grains.

My Daughter is a Dental Hygienist in a Pediatric Dental Office, she sees children who's diet has had an effect on their dental health.

This to include children who's teeth have been ruined by having a bottle of either milk or juice in their mouth continually.

A lot of these children occur major dental work at the cost of the taxpayer's, due to the parents being on TNCare.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She has a mental disorder is my guess. OCD. She needs a shrink.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by DocRocket

That's why Mooshell wants to have all the chilins under her direct control.

Send them off to the commune ASAP.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
A willful child and a weak mother. Results.......

Last edited by websterparish47; 02/02/12.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
see ought to try to sue mcdonalds like that case in new york city way back when

i think it even made 60 minutes

the whole excuse they tried to sue mcdonalds for was
it taste so good and we donts knows it was unhealthy
but i gots to haves them
(hello lady/mcfly your 13 yrold girl weighs 400pds)
something like mom would toss the girl some money the girl would waddle down the street and gorge on bic macs to no end

it was all mcdonalds fault of course cause it tastes so good and they "of course"played the role that they didnt know mcdonalds was unhealthy

whatever
we foot the bill of course for a lifetime of care for the obese on welfare
all around.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (219DW, 1936M71, 1badf350, 222Sako, 1234, 10Glocks, 49 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,438
Posts18,489,412
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.