Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Viola Papachristu had the misfortune to tweet the innocuous...

�With so many Africans (immigrants) in Greece, the West Nile (infected) mosquitoes at least eat home-made food.�

Yepper, sounds racist to me smirk

Prob'ly not coicidentally she leans right wing on politics, the Greek Olympic Committee leans the other.

http://domaingang.com/domain-news/r...voula-papachristou-from-london-olympics/

[Linked Image]

Hope she makes a mint on the calendar.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I put that on my FB and asked exactly what she said that wasn't true. So far no takers.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of the most popular jokes told to me by the locals while i was in Mexico:

"Hey wedo, why aren't there any mexican swimmers or high jumpers in the olympics? Because they live in the US now!!"

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
One of the most popular jokes told to me by the locals while i was in Mexico:

"Hey wedo, why aren't there any mexican swimmers or high jumpers in the olympics? Because they live in the US now!!"

Now that is funny
Thanks for the laugh.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I put that on my FB and asked exactly what she said that wasn't true. So far no takers.

Never thought about it before, but there's at least a couple of mosquito species in Greece that are common right here in San Antonio....

http://www.mosquitocatalog.org/files/pdfs/MS25N03P177.PDF

Most of the rest appear to be endemic to the Meditteranian, and while a few are also prob'ly found in North Africa, almost no mosquities IN Greece were hatched in Africa.

So technically the statement ain't true.

Now, the VIRUS came from Africa but she didn't say that.

More to the point, Ms. Papachristou is apparently a Greek Nationalist, and troubled by the level of immigration to Greece. Obviously a taboo topic to Greek Libs.

Here she is again grin, a sad loss for the Olympics, I hope she can appeal.

[Linked Image]

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
It's best to not risk slighting the African, for they surely are the most blessed of any known human. Blessed with the big butt, or the big dong, the whole world knows, they can do no wrong.

Last edited by eyeball; 07/28/12.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Anything you put anywhere online should be presumed to be seen by everyone in the worst possible light....

She made a stupid post and paid for it - I'm not going to lose any sleep over it...

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yea, free speech ain't all it's cracked up to be, especially when it isn't . smirk

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She's gunna need a double allotment of condems.

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by eyeball
Yea, free speech ain't all it's cracked up to be, especially when it isn't . smirk

Exactly.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Huh...guess I missed where she got arrested...??? Tortured too???

Olympics isn't an independent participation event. Athletes are emissaries of their respective countries. This infers acting in a manner positively refelcting on said country from which they're receiving funding.

Pretty funny how some on this forum hold people to a high standard of self-responsibility in some cases and are willing to abide stupidity in others�

She made a jacka$$ statement and got kicked off the team end of story. She is free to continue exercising her freedom of speech.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Did she hurt your feelings? Was she not nice the way your teacher told you to be? I have an idea - GFY.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But Greece isn't funding anything oh that's right they can print money but not a fast as benny.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 07/29/12.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wyliec

Olympics isn't an independent participation event. Athletes are emissaries of their respective countries. This infers acting in a manner positively refelcting on said country from which they're receiving funding.

Pretty funny how some on this forum hold people to a high standard of self-responsibility in some cases and are willing to abide stupidity in others�

She made a jacka$$ statement and got kicked off the team end of story. She is free to continue exercising her freedom of speech.

That post is so dumb any reply is as wasted as the air that the poster steals.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Posted my viewpoint...and I'm done debating the double-digit IQ contingent...

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I see no way that her comments should offend anyone. I see no racism or condemnation of any group.

Some people just want to find a reason to get offended and pitch a hissy fit.

They need to grow up.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why is it OK to censor speech, but not OK to make a joke?

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Libturds and speech police love to be incensed.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I suggest you call Holder at DOJ and have her extradited so Obama can prosecute her for a hate crime. Then contact the SPLC and request she be put on the US terrorist-hate group watch list.

Take yer guilt over to Huffingtonpost

Originally Posted by wyliec

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Some p
Originally Posted by stray round
I see no way that her comments should offend anyone. I see no racism or condemnation of any group.

Some people just want to find a reason to get offended and pitch a hissy fit.

They need to grow up.

Some people like wyliec find the terms "black coffee" and "black hole" to be racist. same people who want speech codes in acted.

Orwell understood their mentality well

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (007FJ, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,418
Posts18,470,528
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.