Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
on Breitbart TV 18 Aug 2014:
Monday on Fox News Channel�s �America�s Newsroom,� former Johns Hopkins neurosurgeon Ben Carson discussed the unfolding events in Ferguson, MO and what sort of steps ought to be taken to quell the violence stemming from the protests tied to the police shooting of Michael Brown.

Carson was asked to offers his views of MSNBC host and activist Al Sharpton and his actions in Ferguson directly. In his response, Carson revealed he had challenged Sharpton to a debate, to which according to Carson, Sharpton was receptive of the possibility.

�[I] had an opportunity to speak with Rev. Sharpton at the White House Correspondents� Dinner,� Carson said. �[I] said we want the same kind of things but we have didn't approaches to achieving them. What do you think about a public debate to talk about the various ways we can get this done? And he was initially enthusiastic about that.

You the offer still stands. These are things that need to be discussed and we need to bring out in the open. What are the raw issues and how do we solve them. We will never do that if we remain in our separate corners and cast aspersions.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Carson is no longer considering political office. He's gone straight to the race game and pundit payday.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
I don't think so

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Carson is no longer considering political office. He's gone straight to the race game and pundit payday.

I'd do it to if there was a market for "old ate up white guy"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
I don't think so

Then, you aren't thinking.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

That's fine with me. Carson would be able to make a more compelling argument against Sharptons views than any condescending white guy ever could...it would effectively negate the "race" card that Sharpton has based his entire career on...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

That's fine with me. Carson would be able to make a more compelling argument against Sharptons views than any condescending white guy ever could...it would effectively negate the "race" card that Sharpton has based his entire career on...

Nope. He'll simply be considered an "Uncle Tom", and play that foil role in the ongoing theater of "race relations" in the US while pocketing funds for his "contribution" from the propaganda ministries.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Your opinion of the Dr. is different than mine. I think the man speaks his mind & doesn't give a flip about any "propaganda ministries" or playing any "roles"...being compensated (even "pocketing funds") for your heartfelt beliefs would most definitely be a good gig to get.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The man is a neurosurgeon. That should help put the compensation in perspective as a motivating factor. I doubt he needs the money.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I once would have agreed with you, especially having met him on several occasions. His current course of action would seem to indicate otherwise.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Paul39
The man is a neurosurgeon. That should help put the compensation in perspective as a motivating factor. I doubt he needs the money.

Paul

He doesn't "need" it at all. He was the top pediatric neurosurgeon in the world until his early retirement (partially because he did not want to risk losing even a small bit of his prowess - "there was no room for error, even from natural aging", and partially because he different from the Hopkins party line on various issues).

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sharpton will never do it, at least in any fair and objective way. Too much risk.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I once would have agreed with you, especially having met him on several occasions. His current course of action would seem to indicate otherwise.

So you don't think a person like him should be speaking up??? Especially when challenging some assclown like Sharpton? If his motive was to stuff as much cash in his pockets as possible, I still wouldn't have a problem with him, because he stands directly opposite the liberal left...if you have a problem with that, me & you have vastly differing political views...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

So you don't think a person like him should be speaking up??? Especially when challenging some assclown like Sharpton? If his motive was to stuff as much cash in his pockets as possible, I still wouldn't have a problem with him, because he stands directly opposite the liberal left...if you have a problem with that, me & you have vastly differing political views...

Ah, I was waiting for some veiled "you must be a leftist/communist/whatever" slight. That's par for the course around here, especially when you've run out of facts or are losing a position.

I never said he shouldn't speak up; I simply said that he's going to be doing so only as to play a role in the charade that is "race relations". Dr. Carson could have done a much greater service by pushing for involvement as a Presidential candidate, or Surgeon General, or as a Senator/Rep from Maryland. Instead, it appears that he's going to go the route of talking head and pundit, serving no purpose other than to add blather to the airwaves. And that, is a damned shame.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
Sharpton will never do it, at least in any fair and objective way. Too much risk.

Steve.

Sharpton would be an unarmed man in a gunfight with Carson

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B

www.nationaljournal.com/.../ben-carson-just-took-one-st...
National Journal
Aug 1, 2014 - Ben Carson Just Took One Step Closer to Running for President ... but has successfully raised $7.2 million for Carson's candidacy through his�...

August 1, 2014 Dr. Ben Carson�the retired neurosurgeon-cum-conservative rock star�announced he is starting his own political action committee, taking him one step closer to announcing a presidential run in 2016.

The Washington Times, for which Carson writes a column, broke the news on Friday. The PAC, called One Nation, echoes the title of Carson's recent book, which he is on tour to promote.

"I would say we are definitely a step or two closer than we were a year ago," Carson told the Times when asked about the likelihood of running for president.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
That's par for the course around here, especially when you've run out of facts or are losing a position.

Wow!!! That's what you got from my post huh??? Pears sent...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1minute, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 2500HD, 219DW, 270cowboy, 62 invisible), 2,370 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,171
Posts18,503,187
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.