Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T LEE Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Dear Hollywood celebrities,

You exist for my entertainment. Some of you are great eye candy. Some of you can deliver a line with such conviction that you bring tears to my eyes. Some of you can scare the crap out of me. Others make me laugh. But you all have one thing in common, you only have a place in my world to entertain me. That’s it.
You make your living pretending to be someone else. Playing dress up like a 6 year old. You live
in a make believe world in front of a camera. And often when you are away from one too. Your entire existence depends on my patronage.
I’ll crank the organ grinder; you dance.
I don’t really care where you stand on issues. Honestly, your stance matters far less to me than that of my neighbor. You see, you aren’t real. I turn off my TV or shut down my computer and you cease to exist in my world. Once I am done with you, I can put you back in your little box until I want you to entertain me again.
I don’t care that you think the BP executives deserve the death penalty. But I bet you looked cute saying it.

And you? Really? I’m supposed to care what the director of fluffy tripe made for gullible people thinks about global warming or gun control? Get back into your bubble. I’ll let you know when I’m in the mood for something blue and shiny.
Make me laugh, or cry. Scare me. But realize that the only words of yours that matter are scripted. I might agree with some of you from time to time, but it doesn’t matter. In my world, you exist solely for my entertainment
So, shut your pie hole and dance!"

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Well stated, sir!

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Yes very well said! Why are those people so eat up with the dumbass?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I love it! Get it in front of them!

LOL
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Cuz they suck each other off for feel good like they know dam all about anything

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by las
Cuz they suck each other off for feel good like they know dam all about anything
Bingo!

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Would love to see half of the audience get up and leave when some of those folks at awards shows start in on their political agenda.

Watched the Seth Myers show last night and he had the lady on that ran Trumps campaign. If I were in her shoes, I'd never grace his stage again. Some seriously sore losers out there still.

Last edited by 1minute; 01/11/17.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T LEE

Dear Hollywood celebrities,

You exist for my entertainment. Some of you are great eye candy. Some of you can deliver a line with such conviction that you bring tears to my eyes. Some of you can scare the crap out of me. Others make me laugh. But you all have one thing in common, you only have a place in my world to entertain me. That’s it.
You make your living pretending to be someone else. Playing dress up like a 6 year old. You live
in a make believe world in front of a camera. And often when you are away from one too. Your entire existence depends on my patronage.
I’ll crank the organ grinder; you dance.
I don’t really care where you stand on issues. Honestly, your stance matters far less to me than that of my neighbor. You see, you aren’t real. I turn off my TV or shut down my computer and you cease to exist in my world. Once I am done with you, I can put you back in your little box until I want you to entertain me again.
I don’t care that you think the BP executives deserve the death penalty. But I bet you looked cute saying it.

And you? Really? I’m supposed to care what the director of fluffy tripe made for gullible people thinks about global warming or gun control? Get back into your bubble. I’ll let you know when I’m in the mood for something blue and shiny.
Make me laugh, or cry. Scare me. But realize that the only words of yours that matter are scripted. I might agree with some of you from time to time, but it doesn’t matter. In my world, you exist solely for my entertainment
So, shut your pie hole and dance!"

+1 (this needs to go viral.)

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Superb!

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Outstanding Mr. Lee!

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Excellent! I have never understood why anyone should care what a "celebrity" has to say about anything - particularly for endorsements.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One might add they need a respect for the heritage of those who went before them, molded the industry from it infancy and never forgot they owe a debt to their fans who allow them to make a terrific living in the country that made it possible..

Guys like:
Captain Ronald Reagan
BGen Jimmy Stuart
Sailor Humphrey Bogart (find out why he talked with a lisp)
Maj. Clark Gable
Radioman/Gunner Paul Newman
Lt Kirk Douglas
LT James Earl Jones
Lee Marvin USMC
Charles Durning- Army Ranger
Sydney Poitier -USN
Merian C Cooper- whenever someone asks me to name a person I admire his name gets my mention. Look him up. and learn how much more he was than the creator of King Kong. Fascinating man with a sense of gratitude not for what he was given, for what he was allowed to make of himself in this country.

Just the tip of the iceberg and not wanting to forget multiple foreign born stars who dedicated so much in return for what they were given.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Like it.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Some good commentary on the matter by RAMZPAUL:

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
ya it never ceases to amaze me how important these fuggen phonies think they are. they lie for a living. and most of them do a schitty job of that.

My diploma is a DD214
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Well stated!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why should anyone respect the opinion of someone who functions in a world of fantasy?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

154 members (41rem, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 24 invisible), 2,093 guests, and 1,019 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,706
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.