Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
tommygs Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
if you're really a 3rd level carnivore, and don't need weapons of any type, then, by definition, a mountain lion isn't a problem.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5317352/

see for yourself...

Wag More. Bark Less.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hoo boy! Another one of these incidents... note the quote

"...Martarano said the incident was the 15th mountain lion attack on a human in California since 1890... "

...which obscures the fact that many of these fifteen attacks have occurred just recently, this time resulting in possible permanently impaired vision for the unfortunate young woman.

Open season on lions in Texas, we still have lions but attacks are rare, three recent occurrences happening in Big Bend National Park where firearms (of course) are outlawed.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know exactly where the old logging town of Johnsondale is located. My wife and I owned a vacation home about 15 miles southwest of there in the Sierra, for 30 years. I've hunted deer, Black bear, and many years ago when it was still legal, mountain lions, throughout that southern and central area of the southern Sierra. At one time, there was a good balance between deer, mountain lions... and humans. Now, there is none.

Once the ignorant bliss ninnies who don't know any more about Nature than I know about being an astronaut, got the hunting of mountain lions banned forever, the lion population literally exploded. Then, they decimated the deer herds!! The deer herds have declined in population to the point where the incredible number of lions have to find other "food supplies." That means the pets of humans, and, humans too.

As for the yuppy hikers who were attacked by this mountain lion, note they were in the Sequoia Nat'l. Forest, and not one of them was armed with a firearm. That is an area where one can carry a firearm if one wishes. I know as I've hunted, hike, camped, and fished that entire area... and believe me, boys and girls, I ALWAYS had a firearm with me.

In fact, I killed a 400 pound Black bear only about 10 miles north of Johnsondale, in the Peppermint Canyon area, several years ago. Black bears and mountain lions are all over the Sierra, and in many cases, are a pure nuisance.

If you go to that article above, read the article, and then click on the link for "Discussion Of Mtn. Lions," and just read the drivel vomited out by the Bambiistic Bliss Ninnies. These people are so dumb they don't know the difference between "germ," and "German Shepherd."

Kalifornia should have a mountain lion season, as they used to do, but the lefty greenie numbskulls and their idiotic sycophants will never allow it to happen.... so the attacks will go on and on.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"...Martarano said the incident was the 15th mountain lion attack on a human in California since 1890... "

I think I read in the newspaper that all but two of the attacks have been within the last fifteen years. Of course, the animal lovers don't want to admit that there is growing problem.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
T'is true:

I spent the best parts of my youth in Seq. National Forest. I never saw a live lion. We did see a road kill lion once.

Black Bears and garbage cans were the problem back then.

This is just too close to home for me . . . . .

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 1234, 16gage, 53 invisible), 2,446 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,405
Posts18,470,186
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.