Print Thread
Hop To
N
Nessmuk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
Well, sold some stuff on gunbroker and someone paid with paypal. Now they have frozen my account and are holding my money for six months.
Bunch of bass-turds.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
GB1

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I've heard of this before from those anti-gun prickers. I try to not pay for things with paypal. What was their reasoning for suspending your account and holding your funds.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I will not give out my personal info to paypal. So only pay with USPS MO. You're not the 1st seller that paypal screwed.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Stopped doing any business on eBay the moment they required paypal as the only payment method.

Won't help support any company so anti-gun as they are.

N
Nessmuk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
PayPal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system. We recently reviewed your account, and we need more information to help us provide you with secure service. Until we can collect this information, your access to sensitive account features will be limited. We would like to restore your access as soon as possible, and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Why is my account access limited?

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

# Jul. 16, 2009: In accordance with PayPal's User Agreement and Acceptable Use Policy, we have closed your account. Your funds may be held for 180 days from the date of your last transaction. After 180 days, you will be able to access your funds by requesting an online bank transfer or, if applicable, a check from PayPal. Please update your address or bank information as we cannot be held responsible for checks issued to an incorrect address. We do ask that you please remove reference(s) to PayPal from your site.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
PAYPAL SUXS!
Always have always will.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 07/20/09.

NRA Lifetime Member
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Thanks for reminding me that I had a Paypal account. I just got finished deleting it...

I deleted my Ebay account a few years ago when some huckster hacked it and tried selling a $40,000 SUV for me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Suggest you contact them directly via phone. That message sounds like a scam attempt to secure your vital information. 1Minute

Last edited by 1minute; 07/21/09.

1Minute
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by corelokt
Why is my account access limited?

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

# Jul. 16, 2009: In accordance with PayPal's User Agreement and Acceptable Use Policy, we have closed your account. Your funds may be held for 180 days from the date of your last transaction. After 180 days, you will be able to access your funds by requesting an online bank transfer or, if applicable, a check from PayPal. Please update your address or bank information as we cannot be held responsible for checks issued to an incorrect address. We do ask that you please remove reference(s) to PayPal from your site.

That's a pretty cryptic response ...

I canceled my PayPal account many years ago. However, PayPal made it very difficult to to do; i.e., they kept not doing it! It was a real hassle.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Stopped doing any business on eBay the moment they required paypal as the only payment method.

Ebay doesn't require paypal as the only payment method. However, some vendors might. I've made many purchases on ebay with plastic.

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I ABSOLUTELY will NOT do business with Paypal.I wish everyone else took that stance.

Stan in SC

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 07/21/09.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Ivan
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Ebay doesn't require paypal as the only payment method. However, some vendors might. I've made many purchases on ebay with plastic.

If you try to sell an item on ebay you will quickly discover that they do require paypal for most transactions. Something new to squeeze more money out of their victims.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
having heard many such accounts, I refuse to do business through PayPal.
Good luck on getting paid.

Sam......

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
took months to get my ex's money outta paypal. same excuses wanting more info. even changed bank accounts to make sure them bloodsuckers wernt still tied to her in any way. paypal sux big time..

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This sounds like a scammer trying to access your account. If you use PayPal never log into your account from a email.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Were the items sold "firearms or ammunition"? I believe there's a restriction in the user agreement for these items. I think both Gunbroker and Guns America advise "not to use or accept Paypal". Sorry you got the shaft ... perhaps others will gain some insights from this and avoid Paypal in any gun-related transaction.

P.S. on EBay I accept all forms of payment ... cash, check, M.O. and Paypal. But, all I can advertise up-front is Paypal. I've been contacted many times from buyers asking if I take other forms of payment and I tell them "YES!" and encourage non-Paypal payment. Best to ask these questions prior to the bid though. When payment is received, I just mark the item as paid to complete the EBay transaction.

Dave
Sticks and stones may break my bones ... but hollow-points expand on impact.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

379 members (1badf350, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 45 invisible), 2,531 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,015
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.