Print Thread
Hop To
T
tbear99 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
first formula 1 philipe massa during qualifing got hit in head at about 160mph by a spring weighing 1.3 pounds of a race car infront of him knocking him out and drove staight into tire wall link to part of story

then sunday during indy race tony kanaan (tk)#11 during pit stop the fuel door failed to shut properly and sprayed fuel all over car and driver.Tk felt the spray pulled out of his pit box forward to stop infront of other teams to protect his pitcrew and try get out of car and put fire out the other teams obviusly jumped to help him he ended up with burns to hands and face video

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Massa's was really freakish. To think of all the places that spring could have ended up and to have it impact his head - what a shame. I really like Massa. Seems to be a great kid. Wish him the best. What was amazing to me was that the Brawn was not even in sight. That spring must have bounced a number of times.
I was hit by a golf ball sized piece of asphalt kicked up by another Formula Ford at turn 8 at Seattle. Speed was only about 80 mph and the asphalt hit just above the eye port on the left side. Didn't crack the helmet all the way through, but Simpson said to buy another one. My neck hurt for weeks.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I really hope Tony Kanaan is okay. He is a very talented driver.

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by logger
What was amazing to me was that the Brawn was not even in sight. That spring must have bounced a number of times.

They never did explain how that happened. At first I was thinking it got dropped earlier and someone then ran over it and launched it. What are the odds?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
If I remember correctly, the story has Lenard McCarl running an open-face helmet at North Star when a tire threw a rock back into his face. Part of the result was a broken nose. Policy insisted that he go to the hospital. Lenard was not agreeable. Lenard was told he had to go. Lenard was not going to ride in the back of the #$@% ambulance. To get him there peacefully, it was agreed that he could sit up front. The driver asked that he not keep trying to spit blood and snot out of the window. Lenard kept doing so, so the driver then requested that perhaps he at least roll down the window. Not sure if that is all factual or just one of those stories that get passed around, but I would sure like for it to be true.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Wasn't it a suspension part that hit Senna as well and wasn't there some sort of rule instituted that was intended to keep things together better after that?
On the fire angle, there was one at Knoxville Saturday night that was a bit scary. I wasn't there but saw it on the news. Driver was in it for 20 seconds before they got it out. Latest I heard was burns to hands and face, but out of the hospital, so hopefully not too bad.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think Senna got whacked by a suspension part from his own car being redirected back into his head as a result of his own crash, but I could be wrong.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I think that you are right about it being his own part.

T
tbear99 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
thye video they showed in qualify just barely shows rubens car infront of him.remember ther were above 160 and slowing for corners,And rubens teammate wasn't allowed to start q3 qualifing until the FIA was satisfied it wasn't an issue or a chance of his coming apart.Incidently Rubens Barrichello and massa are good friends and are brazilians

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How about Henry Surtees in F2. Hit on the head by a tire from a fellow racers car when it crashed.... video.

IC B3

T
tbear99 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
correct he was killed a week earlier

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 54 invisible), 2,701 guests, and 1,354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,460
Posts18,471,239
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.