Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
FlaRick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Gov. Brewer throws the birthers under the bus.

"Well, you know, it seems to me that we have talked about this issue now going on probably two years, and that I believe that most people have reached out and they did their investigations, and it's become such a huge distraction," said Brewer. "I for one, I believe that what I have seen, and after speaking with governor -- or the prior governor of Hawaii -- that indeed he [Obama] was born in Hawaii.

"It's just something that I think is leading our country down a path of destruction, and it just is not serving any good purpose."

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...-path-of-destruction-video.php?ref=dcblt

I'm better when I move.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The bill should be re-introduced, after improving the text.

By the way, the bill must be seen as a general safeguard to insure proper respect of constitutional rules and should not be presented as a measure against Barack Hussein Obama.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Doesn't someone do a check to see if you qualify for president?
Or can juan from mesico run unquestioned?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
First no signature on the Bill forcing candidates to prove their citizenship and now this. A bit of a trend developing. One must wonder if the Chitcago way of intimidation reaches places like Arizona and Minnesota.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I checked the federal election commission, and they are only worried about political donations.

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
be nice if ya posted why she vetoed.

"As a former Secretary of State, I do not support designating one person as a gatekeeper to the ballot for a candidate, which could lead to arbitrary or politically-motivated decisions," the governor wrote in a letter addressed to the Arizona House speaker

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No Bear you can't run unquestioned. They do verify qualifications. And even if they didn't, the opposing party spends TONS of money to find ANY dirt they can use to stop a opponent. Funny how them dern republicans missed this item. They are just so dumb, I don't know why we vote for them.

It would be grand to have such an easy way to eliminate him, but then why is it so hard to do? Occam's razor points to the likely answer.

I am spending my time rallying support for people to vote against him and others who do not support the 2nd and other important portions of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Not wasting time and good opinions of the undecided independents, who see this as an extremist position, with little merit, and a complete turnoff.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
What hospital was he born in?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Why not just give up the documents?

FlaRick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
You guys are missing the point. Brewer is saying that questioning if Obama is Constitutionally eligible to serve as President is a huge distraction and just does not serve any good purpose.

She is just another stinking DEFEATIST who doesn't give a damn about little things like the Constitution. Talk about "leading our country down a path of destruction", she is well down the trail. Funny how her true colors show right after she won re-election. Must be taking lessons from McCain.

I'm better when I move.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FlaRick
You guys are missing the point. Brewer is saying that questioning if Obama is Constitutionally eligible to serve as President is a huge distraction and just does not serve any good purpose.

She is just another stinking DEFEATIST who doesn't give a damn about little things like the Constitution. Talk about "leading our country down a path of destruction", she is well down the trail. Funny how her true colors show right after she won re-election. Must be taking lessons from McCain.
I'll take a wait-and-see attitude in regards to her and the accuracy of your entire rant Rick, but I think that possibility has to be entertained.

As to her comments about Birthers' questions being a distraction, I am in complete agreement with you. Brewer is very off-base and slapping a bunch of us in the face.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Brewer is saying that questioning if Obama is Constitutionally eligible to serve as President is a huge distraction and just does not serve any good purpose.

It is definitely drowning out immigration. 6 years hes been in office.

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Another thing that gripes me is that so many are now linking the "Birther" issue to the '12 election. Some of us have been howling about this forever. It's not about the next election as much as it is about his eligibility to serve now. If it gets rid of Obama so he doesn't get another four years, so much the better.

FlaRick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A "rant"???

I thought that this was just the normal way to communicate ANYTHING that happens in Arizona.

I'm better when I move.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't know fellas; all I can see is that little prick and his buttbuddy holder laughing, cause they diverted attention from their communist agendas.

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FlaRick
A "rant"???

I thought that this was just the normal way to communicate ANYTHING that happens in Arizona.
grin

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
One must wonder if the Chitcago way of intimidation reaches places like Arizona and Minnesota.

I don't wonder about it at all. It reaches state level has been capable of Federal all along.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by azcoues

"As a former Secretary of State, I do not support designating one person as a gatekeeper to the ballot for a candidate, which could lead to arbitrary or politically-motivated decisions," the governor wrote in a letter addressed to the Arizona House speaker

"be nice if ya posted why she vetoed."

really

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
what are georgia or kansas doing about anything!

what news worthy events are happening or takin place in your state !??

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
FlaRick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by azcoues

"be nice if ya posted why she vetoed."

really

GTC

I posted the words that came out of her mouth AND the link to the full story.

Considering what she said, why should I be nice?

Really.

I'm better when I move.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

441 members (1badf350, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 55 invisible), 2,665 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,472,005
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.