Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarne...tells-atheists-dont-mess-with-texas.html

By Todd Starnes/TWITTER

The Texas Attorney General has offered to defend a Texas county under attack by a group of Wisconsin atheists who are demanding that a Nativity located on the lawn of the Henderson County courthouse be torn down.

�Our message to the atheists is don�t mess with Texas and our Nativity scenes or the Ten Commandments,� Attorney General Greg Abbott told Fox News & Commentary. �I want the Freedom From Religion Foundation to know that our office has a history of defending religious displays in this state.�

FOLLOW TODD ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE CULTURE WAR NEWS

Abbott sent a letter to Henderson County Judge Richard Sanders offering whatever help he could provide in the event the county is sued. He also assured the judge that the county has no legal obligation to remove the Nativity scene from the courthouse grounds.

The Freedom From Religion Foundation, a group based in Wisconsin, sent a letter to Henderson County explaining that a local resident had complained and they wanted the Nativity removed.

�It sends a message of intimidation and exclusion to non-Christians and non-believers this time of year,� FFRF co-founder Annie Laurie Gaylor told television station KFDW.

Athens Daily Review photo

She said the location of the Nativity � on the lawn of the courthouse in Athens, made non-Christians feel unwelcome.

�Anybody walking by that is going to say, �Hmmm. This is a Christian government building. I�m not welcome here if I�m not Christian,�� she told the television station.

Attorney General Abbott said the organization is trying to �bully local governmental bodies� and he said he wanted to make sure Henderson County knows �there is a person, a lawyer and an organization in this state that has their back, that has the law, that has the muscle and firepower to go toe-to-toe with these organizations that come from out of state trying to bully governmental bodies into tearing down things like Nativity scenes.�

Many residents and ministers in this east Texas community have vowed to fight back. Hundreds of people are expected to attend a rally on Saturday to show their support for the Nativity. Nathan Lorick, the pastor of the First Baptist Church in Malakoff is one of the organizers of the rally. He called on residents to gather peacefully and in a spirit of love.

�It�s time that Americans stand up and take America back for the faith that we were founded upon,� Lorick told Fox News & Commentary last week. �We�re going to stand up and fight for this.�

Henderson County Commissioner Joe Hall called the attack �stupid� and said he�s going to do whatever it takes to stop the group from removing the Nativity.

�I�ll tell you this � I�m going to fight this until hell freezes over,� Hall told Fox News & Commentary. �I hope and pray that we leave it up.�

Hall said he�s lived in the community for 35 years and as long as he can remember the Nativity has been erected on the courthouse lawn.

�It�s been up there for decades without any complaints,� he said.

Pastor Lorick said it�s time to draw a line in the sand � and start standing up for the Christian faith.

�Christianity is under attack in America,� he told Fox News & Commentary. �Our country is quickly heading down a direction which the Christian faith is taking a hit � it�s quickly becoming suppressed.�

The attorney general agreed with that sentiment.

�There has been an ongoing battle between the forces of atheism and the forces of those who are antagonistic to all things religious against those who recognize the religious heritage of this country,� Abbott said. �And by defending Nativity scenes, by defending the Ten Commandments and by defending students who try to say a prayer at a graduation ceremony, we�re trying to preserve, protect and defend what we know is perfectly legal.�

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If they truly do not believe why the hell does it bother them????

I will never understand the thinking going on in their heads.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I don't get the Wisconsin\Texas connection. No nativity scenes in Wisco?

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
gdamn liberals can't stand to see regular folks enjoying themselfs so they'll travel to the ends of the earth to [bleep] it up for them.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Greg Abbott is one of my "Contemporary American Heroes".

There,...that's about enough to say, right there.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you Christians think you are under attack you ought to be a Pagan anything. You guys have no idea of what being under attack is.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by derby_dude
If you Christians think you are under attack you ought to be an IDIOT Pagan anything. You guys have no idea of what being under attack is.

fixed

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yea, we spend a lot of time making you pray and tithe.

Last edited by eyeball; 12/16/11.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

�Hmmm. This is a Christian government building. I�m not welcome here if I�m not Christian,��

Because what would happen? Maybe somebody be actually nice to you?

Is Texas located in Lebanon now?

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

‘Hmmm. This is a Christian government building. I’m not welcome here if I’m not Christian,’”

Because what would happen? Maybe somebody be actually nice to you?

Is Texas located in Lebanon now?

Who would be nice to us, R.G.? Christians? On this page I see Christians calling atheists idiots, wondering what must be going on in our heads, calling us "gdamn" liberals... is this your idea of being nice? I call it oppression, just as Derby Dude was suggesting. "Drink the kool-aid and participate in the group-think or we'll ostracize you from our country". Well, I'm not going anywhere!

Now then, as an atheist, nativity scenes don't necessarily bother me. I mean OK, some folks believe Jesus was the son of god and like to re-create the time he was born, that's fine. But as a born and raised Texan I'm offended by AG Abbott. This attitude he has, this "We're gonna make sure everyone knows who runs Henderson County" BS is despicable. He doesn't speak for this Texan!

44henry

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So,....how long were YOU in his jail there,....Bud ?

"Now then, as an atheist, nativity scenes don't necessarily bother me"

"I call it oppression,"

Oh,.....REALLY,...?

"as a born and raised Texan I'm offended ,....'

That's more like it,....let it all out, and now ,....BREATHE,....again,....let it all out and.....

Go [bleep] yerself

GTC

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This group located in Madistan Wis. is typical of the burg that gives the whole state a black eye. Madistan is 20 square miles surrounded by reality.

All I can say is Merry Christmas to everyone, and to you aetheists, "Have a Nice Day".

Take your kids and your grand kids huntin' and shootin'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tell the athiests to go to hell. Don't like it? Don't look at it.

And calling them "God damned atheists" isn't a Christian's call, it's right there in the bible. If ya don't like hearing it take it up with the Author.

Why not call the nativity scenes "art"? That should get them off our asses once and for all. The courts ruled that a statue of Jesus on the cross in a bucket of piss is art, right? Well, we have our art, too. If you don't like it, don't look at it.

so.... I say again, God damned atheists go to hell. I don't know why anybody listens to ya to begin with. And I'll never understand why anyone does anything other than laugh at these "law suits". It's a piece of paper, throw it away and forget about it. What are they going to do?

Last edited by Archerhunter; 12/16/11.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
If you Christians think you are under attack you ought to be an IDIOT Pagan anything. You guys have no idea of what being under attack is.

fixed

You realize you just made his point for him, right? Right out in front of God 'n' everbody too.

Might also, given that, have raised a question or two about who the idiot actually is.

Nicely played, derby_dude.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When stuff like this is in the news, I start looking around for what it's a distraction from.

Maybe the NDAA?

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Good on AG Abbot for having a pair, you'd think those atheists would pipe down after the demise of there F'cked up cow elephant matriarch.
Dont guess the slaughter of MMO and a few of her inbred family members sent a good enough message, the Jesus haters are slow learners.

Gunner

Last edited by gunner500; 12/17/11.

Trump Won!
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

fixed

I see what you mean, derby

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500
Good on AG Abbot for having a pair, you'd think those atheists would pipe down after the demise of there F'cked up cow elephant matriarch.
Dont guess the slaughter of MMO and a few of her inbred family members sent a good enough message, the Jesus haters are slow learners.

Gunner

I'm stumped.
Who's that?
What's MMO?
Probably heard about it but can't place it now. My interest in the ramblings of atheists is lacking.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I still do not understand, I have never felt the need to tell somebody else their religion or lack of bothered me.

If you feel the need to worship and old sock that is your right in this country as it is my right to worship God. One of this country's founding principles is FREEDOM of religion, NOT freedom from it!

If you don't believe, well, just don't, but don't tell me I can't.

If a community wants a Nativity scene it is their right to have it, if they want a parade of snowmen that is also their right.

Merry Christmas to my Christian friends.

Happy Hanukkah/Chanukah to my Jewish friends.

And Happy & Peaceful holidays to the rest of my friends.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Amen and amen good friend.

Quando Omni Moritati
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

166 members (450yukon, 375sunrise, 17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 21 invisible), 1,840 guests, and 1,059 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,510
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.