Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
President Barack Obama issued an executive order to end the pay freeze on federal employees, in effect giving some federal workers a raise. One federal worker now to receive a pay increase is Vice President Joe Biden.

According to disclosure forms, Biden made a cool $225,521 last year. After the pay increase, he�ll now make $231,900 per year.

Members of Congress, from the House and Senate, also will receive a little bump, as their annual salary will go from $174,000 to 174,900. Leadership in Congress, including the speaker of the House, will likewise get an increase.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, they're doing such a swell job.

Don't believe everything you think.

You ain't learnin' nothin' when you're talking.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
They should all get paid $250,001/yr and be taxed at 75%.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
the guy in no way is making any move toward fixing our economy. everything he does makes it worse. how can anyone miss this???

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
But...we are on the verge of a fiscal cliff...total destruction of the middle class..chaos..financial collapse.....

Amazing how's there's always money when they want it....

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Plinker
They should all get paid $250,001/yr and be taxed at 75%.

Love this! Clever thinking there Plinker!

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Originally Posted by mjbgalt
the guy in no way is making any move toward fixing our economy. everything he does makes it worse. how can anyone miss this???

those that have a brain and think aren't missing it..............libtards getting handouts don't think

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
These people's salary should be up for public vote. The nation as a whole has seen a lot of salaries drop under these turds. They should all be taking at least a 15% cut. Only in union/commie land would this [bleep] cut the muster.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 12/29/12.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've come to the conclusion that all politicians especially at the national level are psychopaths.

Our Founding Fathers of yesteryear passed legislation in an attempt to build something better.

Our Unfounding Fathers and Women of today pass legislation to destroy everything and to build nothing.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This should be obvious to everybody, but some people seem to miss it...

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Imagine if politician's could be fired for poor job performance ? Fact is, politician's are immune from spending, budget cuts, fiscal "cliff's", health insurance costs, every aspect that is required for a successful private sector business to operate, paychecks, pay raises, layoff's.............completely immune to every financial term or practice you can think of.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
the guy in no way is making any move toward fixing our economy

And nobody's calling him out on it, not even the alleged 'conservatives'...

Raise taxes, raise spending...and it looks like he will get away with it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Imagine if politician's could be fired for poor job performance ? Fact is, politician's are immune from spending, budget cuts, fiscal "cliff's", health insurance costs, every aspect that is required for a successful private sector business to operate, paychecks, pay raises, layoff's.............completely immune to every financial term or practice you can think of.

But what happen to that old idea of everyone protected under the law equally. It seems as the left gains more power that is a dying thing and we have classes of people and things that are more protected.

NRA Lifetime Member
BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's good news. My wife has been a hard working GS employee with the USCG for over 15 years, and hasn't received a raise since they froze them a couple years ago (or more.)

Brian

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It is so sad to see this bumbling idiot unraveling our country as fast as he can!! I can't believe this country hasn't revolted already, but I won't be surprised if it happens within the next 24 months!!

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
If the GOP had any sense, they'd have held a press conference 5 minutes later stating they wouldn't accept it and/or they'd be donating it to the IRS, the NRA, or the Heritage Foundation (1/3 to each). The GOP never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by fburgtx
If the GOP had any sense, they'd have held a press conference 5 minutes later stating they wouldn't accept it and/or they'd be donating it to the IRS, the NRA, or the Heritage Foundation (1/3 to each). The GOP never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

The GOP is part of the oligarchy, why would you expect them to do anything against their good standing in the oligarchy.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by 219Zipper
It is so sad to see this bumbling idiot unraveling our country as fast as he can!! I can't believe this country hasn't revolted already, but I won't be surprised if it happens within the next 24 months!!

It won't, in large part of this:

Originally Posted by BW
That's good news. My wife has been a hard working GS employee with the USCG for over 15 years, and hasn't received a raise since they froze them a couple years ago (or more.)

And Social Security recipients, welfare, medicare, the list goes on so long that, quite frankly, the folks pissed enough about it are far outnumbered.

Best to just wait for the payments to stop first......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Zero is smart. He giving the raise to get votes in Congress.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HawkI
Originally Posted by 219Zipper

It won't, in large part of this:

Originally Posted by BW

And Social Security recipients, welfare, medicare, the list goes on so long that, quite frankly, the folks pissed enough about it are far outnumbered.

Best to just wait for the payments to stop first......

You can kiss my ass.

Brian

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (338Rules, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 35, 375sunrise, 13 invisible), 1,463 guests, and 766 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,654
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.