-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
http://missouritenth.com/2013/06/10/dr-hill-your-duty-in-stopping-governmental-thugs/

All I can say is that people who are surprised that the US government is spying on them need to �get out more,� as it were. Did you really think that they wouldn�t use all that high tech capability to monitor citizens because it was both illegal and immoral? Did you really think they respect your rights under the Constitution and Bill of Rights? Did you really believe they weren�t liars? Now . . . do you still believe they have your best interests at heart? Do you believe they are giving you �good government?� Do you really believe anything they say anymore?

If you�ve lost your trust in your own government, what are you going to do? Elect a new batch of Republicans? But wait, wasn�t it under George W. Bush that all these things that allowed for spying on US citizens were put into place? Yes, it was. So, do you really think it�s going to make any difference what party controls the government? If that�s true�and it is�then you, Mr. & Mrs. America, are between the proverbial rock and hard place. What to do? What to do? Close eyes and hope all is just bad dream? Sit on couch and say �But what can I do?� Make excuse and say it all for our own good, because of terrorists and all?

Or you can act like a real citizen. But that means getting up and out of your comfort zone and perhaps facing some real danger. These thugs who have taken over our government�with your consent by the way�are just that, thugs! Yes, I know they wear suits and ties and don�t look like Hollywood�s depiction of thugs, but thugs they are nonetheless. And they are thugs because they have betrayed their sacred trust to you, the citizens, who are supposed to be legally their masters. They are sent to DC to serve you. But now they see you as their servants. And, as such, they have no respect for you or your so-called rights. If they did, none of this would be happening. It�s really that simple . . .

But it is, and you, citizen, have a duty to stop it. Get busy . . . or resign yourself to being a servant/serf/slave or whatever you want to call your sorry status. But don�t ever again call yourself a free man or woman. You insult brave men and women everywhere.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
"Get busy" and do what? Vote? "....have a duty to stop it.." ..by which means? How many would it take to make a formidable and actually USEFUL mob? What to bring with? Baseball bats? Guns? Tar/feathers? All the above?

Just askin'...

As to me - I can see a point where the citizens will have had enough. At that point, it's gonna get ugly, bloody and the revolution will commence..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Redneck

As to me - I can see a point where the citizens will have had enough. At that point, it's gonna get ugly, bloody and the revolution will commence..

I'am afraid there are way to many people happy to just live pay check to pay check for a revolution to happen. They are happy because they don't know any better. In a few more years when another generation that experienced prosperity dies off the ruling class will have what they wanted, a populace that doesn't have a thousand dollars to their name there fore more dependance on the ruling class.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
People struggling to make a living, as said, usually aren't that "happy", but are too busy treading water to try to do much about it. The "system" is set up to keep them that way, under control. The true "Obama's People" are happy, because they don't HAVE to work, and can get by pretty well - well enough for them to not be tempted to get a job.

I feel the "defining moment" of the Buckwheat "presidency" was when he had his hissy fit over the background checks failure televised. Never have I seen an elected official scold and "talk down to" the people who elected him so blatantly because he didn't get his way. That should be considered as embarrassing to our nation as when Bill Clinton went on TV to lie about Monica, or when Teddy Kennedy "forgave himself" for drowning Mary Jo on national TV.

What was the old movie with Will Smith and Gene Hackman, where the gov'ment was monitoring everyone - and worse? "Enemy of the People"?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Texas99
People struggling to make a living, as said, usually aren't that "happy", but are too busy treading water to try to do much about it.

And after a couple generations pass on the working class of the future are going to accept it as it is and base their life around it, and the ruling class will live like kings and queens off their backs.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

114 members (300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 15 invisible), 1,598 guests, and 956 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,716
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.