Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
Local shop has a used Rodeo in 45 Colt; fit and finish are pretty darn good and I don't own a traditional single action presently (I'm a New Model Ruger kind of guy) and that just needs to be fixed grin So, if you've got a USFA Rodeo how do you like it?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
MontanaCreekHunter has one for sale in the classifieds. You might PM him as I don't think he visits the handgun forum much

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They are excellent copies of the Colt SAA and a great SA revolver.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'd buy the .38 in the classifieds. Helluva deal.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
C
You didn't mention price, but if that pistola is in proper shape, it can't be beat. These pistols, right out of the box, are some of the sweetest revolvers around. All I do is replace the mainspring with one from Wolff and your set for many. many hours of fun.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I've got a pair of .38's that I bought directly from Long Hunter Supply:
http://www.longhunt.com/
...he used to have them built by USFA with special serial #'s for him that had an "LH" in them. He would slick the action, hone the forcing cones and jewel the hammers which ads a nice touch to an otherwise plain-jain looking gun. He no longer has a relationship with USFA, but does the same thing with Rugers, Colts and Cimarrons.

The Rodeo's are great for the $----U.S. made which is important to some and very "workable" guns. The only problems that I've had are a front sight blade that came off and a broken ejector rod spring. USFA replaced the sight free and paid for shipping----the spring just happened recently and since I haven't shot CAS for a year I just haven't gotten around to messing with it. Of note, I ran the guns pretty hard for over a year with hardly ever a cleaning. I was using fairly soft cast bullets and "mouse-fart +P" loads that generated little recoil but was dirty. The guns ran like Troopers. They are so much nicer than the Vaqueros that I bought for my wife at the same time that I got these---not as heavy, but the actions are not even in the same class. Of course, you don't have a transfer bar with the Rodeos, so if you want/need to carry 6 rounds, they may not be for you. One nice thing about the Rodeos, they look better as they age and wear!!

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
Thanks guys, I saw the one in the Classifieds and that is a pretty good deal but I'm set on getting one in 45 Colt, if I get one at all.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have both a .38 special and a .45 colt excellent guns in my opinion. My .38 is sold pending funds now. But thanks guys for the reference.

I actually read a lot in here just don't post much here.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (16gage, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 48 invisible), 2,263 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,058
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.