Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I am having an OM Ruger Blackhawk converted to 44 Special. The gunsmith doing the job said he has always had good experiances with Blu-Magnum. Has anyone used them and if so do you have pictures of the stocks and what do you think of them?

I cannot get the website to load on my computer, however I did talk to the owner, Tedd Adamovich, on the phone last Monday. He said he would send pictures, but he may be busy since I haven't got any yet.

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
He's got a website:

http://www.blu-magnum.com/

I don't particularly care for the gap he leaves at the bottom of the butt. If I'm paying for custom grips I want them to appear like the wood grew from the steel.

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Yeah I have tried that website over and over again. No luck loading it.

Is the gap on round-butt revolvers like the S&W or is it on everything. I saw a picture of a set on a S&W and observed the gap you speak of.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I don't have any of Tedd's grips on single actions, but I have two that he made for Smith's---a K and an N frame. Sorry for the poor pics--just took them on the coffee table a minute ago

Here's the K-frame:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Here's the N-frame:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/gmoats/grips082.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/gmoats/grips083.jpg[/img]

Tedd's a neat guy---I've been to his place just east of Colorado Springs a few times--out in the country and has metal targets set up all around his house. Usually has a decent selection of exotic woods to choose from.

They're alittle pricey, but nice to have---you trace your hand and he makes them to fit your hand---not really scientific about it, but will carve a palm swell in them to fit you.

Are they better than any other grips??? I dunno---they're pretty nice. BTW, he won't checker anything.
(BTW--on the N-frame, I didn't have the screw tightened---just stuck them on the gun)

Last edited by gmoats; 06/03/12.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
That's weird with the web site. I just looked at it to make sure it worked prior to my post. Anyhow the gap is there on the round butt and square butts shown on his site.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
We have an old system so there are several sites I haven't been able to get on for a while now. That is the only thing I can think of anyway.

It makes me wonder why the gap is there at the bottom.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
The only reason I can see for it would be to make them more of a universal fit. The gap at the rear of the trigger guard in gmoats pictures also leads me to believe this as there is a dimensional difference from frame to frame. I suspect this makes sense since he doesn't require the frame in order to make them, and it wouldn't require the buyer to do any work on them to fit them properly.

I know Roy Fishpaw requires the frame in order to make a set of grips and they actually snap on to that frame, as in they don't fall off without a grip screw in place, when he's done. They're also serial numbered to the gun and wouldn't likely fit another frame.

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
That makes sense I suppose.

The gunsmith I am using is going to "Dex" or "Dax" the frame. As I understand it he will make everything even and then send the frame to whomever I choose to have it hand fitted. He just sent 3 frames to Blu-Magnum and said he would quickly get mine out if I went with Tedd.

I understand Tedd has another business also so I am sure he is busy, but I would like to get this going one way or the other.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (10ring1, 160user, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 65 invisible), 2,606 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,476
Posts18,471,571
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.