Print Thread
Hop To
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
a couple of us have had our names on a waiting list since October last year, only 1-2 guns have been shipped to the gun shop we frequent in GA.

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jimmyp
a couple of us have had our names on a waiting list since October last year, only 1-2 guns have been shipped to the gun shop we frequent in GA.
I can't vouch for the accuracy of this but the guy sounded like he knew... laugh

Guy behind the counter in Bass Pro Shops said that Ruger was in the process of building a new factory and until they got it done and on line the 1911's were just being made a few at a time and would be virtually unavailable.

I go to A LOT of gunshows and have never seen one in person. Contrast that with the Governor from Smith. I've seen four or five already and could have bought one relatively inexpensively if I'd just pulled the trigger. The Ruger though, I have not even seen.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
A friend of mine bought one recently. I hunted with him back in deer season and he brought it out for me to look over. I really liked it. The fit and finish was very nice, and I would say that I prefer it to the Springfield Armory pistols I have seen over the years.

I have no idea why they are so slow making it to the market though, and the information that the earlier poster gave could be it in a nutshell.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ruger can be funny about that stuff. Sometimes they will announce new guns, and you actually won't see them in any quantity for months.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thats pretty strange.
I've seen a number of them available here. Not a ton of them but more than just one or two. My cousin actually bought one recently too.
I've shot it quite a bit, and its very good.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My understanding is that Cabelas is the most likely place to find one - since they have the "buying power". But you will pay more there than elsewhere.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I say one at a gun show in Fort Worth in Jan of this year. Retail gun store table. I looked at it, he looked at me and said they are hard to get. Price was $850.
I really wanted one for the last 9 months, got on a list in Sept or Oct of last year. Waited, gun store owner waited

I bought a Colt XSE 45 in late Dec or early Jan. I just wasn't going to wait any longer. Will not buy the Ruger 1911.

Ruger factory turns out about 50 to 60 a week. That's all they can make at this time until the new factory and equipment are ready to go. A ready to run factory, ohh another year or so.

Now time for a SR22, cheap, shoots great, light weight, easy to take apart I hear. Of course not a hijack.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Wtxj
I say one at a gun show in Fort Worth in Jan of this year. Retail gun store table. I looked at it, he looked at me and said they are hard to get. Price was $850.
I really wanted one for the last 9 months, got on a list in Sept or Oct of last year. Waited, gun store owner waited

I bought a Colt XSE 45 in late Dec or early Jan. I just wasn't going to wait any longer. Will not buy the Ruger 1911.

Ruger factory turns out about 50 to 60 a week. That's all they can make at this time until the new factory and equipment are ready to go. A ready to run factory, ohh another year or so.

Now time for a SR22, cheap, shoots great, light weight, easy to take apart I hear. Of course not a hijack.
That's pretty close to what I heard but I thought it was more like that many per month. I'm not trying to brag, but if they were available at all, I'd have seen a couple and I haven't.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
Thats pretty strange.
I've seen a number of them available here. Not a ton of them but more than just one or two. My cousin actually bought one recently too.
I've shot it quite a bit, and its very good.
Why is it strange? It just seems common sensical that a gun would be more common close to its source.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ColeYounger

That's pretty close to what I heard but I thought it was more like that many per month. I'm not trying to brag, but if they were available at all, I'd have seen a couple and I haven't.

I think the biggest distributors of Ruger products get most of them where ever they may be. Then they send out to the Gun stores who have in the past bought lots of Rugers. Got to be close to one of them. Plus, I believe many gun stores have a list maybe with downpayment, as soon as one comes in the LGS give the top person on the list a call. Gun is never on display, sold as it hits the door.

By the way, my XSE shoots really well with a wonderful trigger. laugh

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ColeYounger

I think the biggest distributors of Ruger products get most of them where ever they may be. Then they send out to the Gun stores who have in the past bought lots of Rugers. Got to be close to one of them. Plus, I believe many gun stores have a list maybe with downpayment, as soon as one comes in the LGS give the top person on the list a call. Gun is never on display, sold as it hits the door.

By the way, my XSE shoots really well with a wonderful trigger. laugh
I'm aware of how things work and meant no criticism of your post. I heard a similar, if not exactly the same figure and I could be mistaken about it being monthly as opposed to weekly. It was a really low number either way.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They�re showing up. The Sportsman�s Warehouse here had four of them about a month ago, these were the first ones they could put in the display case since the others they had were already pre-ordered and spoken for.

Of course, the four they had were all sold in about three days, one of them to me... grin

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Waders
I'll bet that's on a few watch lists.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
They're are out there, Hoffman's in CT has them I think $680 and Cabela's had one last time I was in there. I bought one 5-6 months ago and another in Dec. from LGS in Southport that I gave to my son for Christmas.
I love it shoots very well.

Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.

I think I've forgotten this before.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Where is Bricktop? Surely Bricktop has a couple of these, being a Ruger fanatic and all.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Someone had one listed for a fair price in the classifieds (here) a couple of days ago.

JCM

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
198 members (35, 257 mag, 3333vl, 163bc, 338reddog, 300_savage, 21 invisible), 1,299 guests, and 581 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,186,241
Posts18,371,465
Members73,765
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.