Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I play this little game that's very similar to the game "jenga" where you try to pull those little sticks out of a tower of jenga sticks until the tower falls.

see, I buy guns. The wife don't always care for it so much, like most silly women, she fails to see the value or purpose in it...

Well, I know I'm pushing it right now... the gun purchase thing is a bit of a house of cards right now.... but i'm looking at this M70 in 338 & man, I'd love to have it.

But it might just be the jenga stick.... could be the one that brings the whole pile down.... meaning the wife would/could possibly come completely unglued & go all angry wife ninja woop ass on me...

what should i do? pull that dang ole stick & cross my finners?

grin

Something clever here.

HR IC

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sell one you don't use, and let her see it leaving. grin

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by blargon
Sell one you don't use, and let her see it leaving. grin

blasphemy!!

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Let me re-phrase that. Tell her you're selling one, and let her see the empty box going out the door. grin

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
she's wise to that ole trick.... sadly.

like the fake tennis ball throw for a dog..... sooner or later that don't work no more..... grin

Something clever here.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I thought I was the only one w/ this problem- shoulda known better!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dave-

Send me a couple shillings each week, I'll hang onto it and when it's paid, I'll send you the"gun raffle" winning M70 338 that you picked out eeeerrrrrrrrr won....<grin>

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
that's an awesome plan Scott.

we need to make it a man pack rule here at the campfire that we all are to provide this service for each other. raffle scam trick, i like it.

Something clever here.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
We could come up with fake tickets.

When ever someone needs one..............

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and, every entry is a winning ticket..... grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oh this is perfect.

but for now i must go & face the anger like a man!!

i mean the wife, not the anger... those 2 words, i get them mixed up..

grin

wish me luck

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
maybe you could "take one to the range" to sight it in.

don't feel too bad Dave, I got "caught" three weeks ago. It only stings for a few days. Then I do something else that pizzes her off and she forgets about it for awhile.

notice I said for awhile...they never forget completely, never. grin

Tom

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
She's going to keel me fore-sure Tom!! I'm a dead man!! & she'll be home any second now!!! Ahhhh!!!! shocked

Something clever here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dave... this is what gun safes are for, my man! Once it's in the gun safe- which is a "man zone" if ever there wuz one, it should be safe...

My moment of brilliance was buying a SECOND gun safe and installing it out in my recording studio business' building. It's for the microphones, you see, when we split for a few days. I have over $20k in microphones. Anyway... now it's my become my overflow gun safe, and a safe haven for newcomers until I can sneak 'em into the bedroom safe <g>.

There's always the scam of "buy pretty, sell ugly". My wife hates "assault rifles". OK, I know, I know... YOU try and tell her! So my last rifle was a Sendero a few months ago, and I sold a big ugly DPMS AR10... so to HER, that was all good, bro!

Finally, there's the "she can't tell them apart anyway" scam. For a while all my bolt guns were stainless remmies in laminate stocks. I could probably have kept buying those LSS's forever and she'd never know.

Good luck to you, sir. Don't let her clip the nads. Remind her of who wears the pants around there, as you meekly cower and beg for your life <g>.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I use a Model 70 SS Classic in 338 Win Mag for most of my hunting these days. Great rifles, and a classic cartridge. Just used it to whack a Grizzly in Alaska. 210 Nosler did the trick. Buy it....

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Get her a younger boyfriend, she won't care about the rifles......

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
You volunteering?

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Before my brother Ed got a deevorse, he used to cruise the pawn shops quite a bit looking for "treasure" for the gun safe. Most pawn shops also have a lot of jewelery as well. So he'd pick up a new bling bling for his old lady (at a highly discounted rate) then come back the next week and buy himself a new toy while she was still un-pissed at him. That worked great until the psycho bitch took all his combat pay and divorced his ass while he was in Iraq because she felt "trapped."

My wife on the other hand is pretty cool about my hobby. I find myself saying things like "the girls will be hunting in a few years" when I'm in the toy buying mode. I work a lot of OT, and we've had an "understanding" for a long time that my OT money goes in the "toy" checkbook. Late last winter, I bought us a 64" Pioneer plasma TV for 5K. I've got a lot of toy buying left before I hear any bitching laugh And, the TV keeps the kids and her out of the gunroom, for the most part laugh laugh

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Tell her it belongs to a friend; you're just doing load development for it....

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Go hunting or to the range with your rifle in a double case. If you come back with a case containing two rifles, she'll be none the wiser. Or you could take her on a nice vacation, buy her some new furniture, give her some money and send her to the mall, or volunteer for a year in Iraq (gets you a sympathy gun). All these have worked for me.

Last edited by science_guy; 09/13/08.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 260madman, 1OntarioJim, 58 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,431
Posts18,489,256
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.