Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
P
I have a hankering for a flintlock rifle and would like to build it myself from a kit. I built a Lyman Great Plains kit a long time ago and it came out pretty well. Does anyone have a suggestion on a specific kit or brand?

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can get a 98% finished Lyman kit, or you can get a KIT that you can put your own touches on, and will require some work....

This [b][color:#3333FF]guy sells good kits too...[/color][/b]

I had a Lyman flinter 15 or so years ago. The lock was basically a piece of crap....but it did go bang.... eek

Read [b][color:#3333FF]this thread...[/color][/b]

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
P
Thanks for the links. I have looked at Track of The Wolf but theirs are a little on the high side price wise. Pecatonica River is more of what I was thinking. I was thinking about a .32 or .36 just for plinking and maybe a Squirrel or two would be fun.

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Caywoods used to sell some kits.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Remember , Dics "pecatoncia river's " prices , do not include stock price .

also these ARE NOTE kits like the Lyman . they are parts assemblies in that you have to do the drilling , inletting, final shaping of wood���..
They are NOT drop in production parts kits . Even if you pay the inletting and drilling fee�s your not going to get a drop in kit .
If that�s what your looking for then you need to look for �Guns in the White�
Those will be the closest your going to get to assembling a production gun kit

Past all that if your actually looking at building from such a parts assembly
I would star off by buying a good building book . Read it through a couple times so you grasp the realization of what your about to do .
Then go to one of the suppliers like � no certain order
Muzzleloader builder supply
Track of the wolf
Jim Chambers
Pecatonica River
Gun works Muzzle loading Emporium
The Rifle Shoppe
Sitting Fox ,
North start West
Tennessee valley Muzzle loading
Caywood
The list goes one and on and on .

[Linked Image]
IC B2

Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
captchee,

I am in the process of building a parts set for a type D French Fusil from Larry Zornes Mold & Gun Shop. It is similar to one you built for a gent with the Jaeger type lock and reddish stock.(I saved that pic for reference).

pacecars,

Listen to what Captchee says. There is a big difference from a kit to a parts set and most out there are parts sets.
If you are interested in Larry Zornes offering at The Mold & Gun Shop drop me a PM and I will give you his phone # and address to get a catalog. He does not have a website.

Also visit the Traditional Muzzleloading website and spend lots of time reading and asking questions.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
Another thing to consider is maybe a smoothbore. Shot for small game and a round patched ball for large.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Also visit the Traditional Muzzleloading website and spend lots of time reading and asking questions.

Not to be confused with the Traditional Muzzleloading Association , web site .
Traditional Muzzleloading Association "TMA"
Which is where I would recommend going for more information .
OR Go to the American Long rifle forum and spend time reading . Either place with have the information your looking for . In a family friendly environment

[Linked Image]
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
captchee,

I am in the process of building a parts set for a type D French Fusil from Larry Zornes Mold & Gun Shop. It is similar to one you built for a gent with the Jaeger type lock and reddish stock

good to hear .
while the lock isnt exsactly right , its sure fits well witht he lines of the stock . i wish Davis would come out with an early round face french lock

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (007FJ, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 2,416 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,421
Posts18,470,590
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.