Print Thread
Hop To
G
Gramps2 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Hello to all, I have now reached that point in my hunting years that I need to go light. I have used a Knight Disc Elite for years and it has been dependable and accurate, but HEAVY. Thinking I might buy a T/C Triumph. Primarily for ease of use and it's light weight. Weighted my Knight with scope and it hit 9.25 lbs. The Knight has always been accurate, and that is the concern I have with a break open rifle like the T/C Triumph line of ML's. I usually shoot 100gr Pyrodex and a 250gr bullet. Are there any T/C Triumph owners out there that could speak to my concern about accuracy. Will I be able to put the 209 primer in without use of tool, and does the T/C have a hammer or firing pin block (for lack of the proper wording) that would keep the hammer even when it is not cocked from pushing the firing pin forward into the primer? Like most modern revolvers have. Looking for the good, bad, and ugly on the T/C Triumph? I would appreciate any info. Good day

Last edited by Gramps2; 06/20/15.
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Well that's a good excuse to get permission from the wife for a new gun. grin

You will really like the way that Triumphs picks up so easy, is well balanced and it's fiber-optics are superb for a quick target take-aim.

All the poster reviews on various ML messageboards have been good, in regards to it's accuracy. It (basic model Triumph $209 Cabelas sale) was my 2nd choice last December, when I purchased my Knight Vision. The Bone Collector really dresses that model-up, right to the max.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Gramps, mine is accurate with powerbelts and Hornady FPBs. I haven't shot sabots with it because they aren't legal here but as I understand it, the rifles are designed primarily for sabots. You can remove a spent or unfired primer without a tool, it's designed so the primer doesn't insert all the way down flush with the surface of the breech plug and you can easily get the fingernails of your thumb and forefinger under the rim to pull it out. At least you can with Winchester standard 209's. It'd be hard with a glove on though.

I'm not sure about the internals on the trigger/hammer assembly, but the hammer has two positions, down and cocked (no half cock).

In the down position it rides a good 1/8" or a little more off the firing pin, and you can't push it down with hand pressure so it feels like it's blocked. If you drop the hammer, it returns to that position.

Mine weighs 6 lbs 6 oz. unloaded and unslung.

It's not a bone collector model, but I really like it. Good luck!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

G
Gramps2 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Thanks guys, I do appreciate your help.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

626 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1936M71, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 3,144 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,381
Posts18,469,554
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.