Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Hammer1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Saw the favorable article in the November 2008 Rifle concerning the Blackhawk Knoxx CompStock for rifles.

Brian Pearce, with a broken right shoulder, shot multiple rounds of factory ammo from a 460 Weatherby in order to do rigorous tests demonstrating the rifle stock's effectiveness in reducing recoil.

Says it passed.

Have checked their website and watched their video. Will order one for myself if there is a left-hand version available.

Have the rest of ya'll had a chance to test this stock ?

With or without a broken shoulder.

GB1

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seems fine for iron sights.

Unless you use a long eye relief Scout scope, how does one keep from getting your scope driven through your forehead as the stock collapses to absorb recoil?

[Linked Image]

I would buy tickets to see somebody shoot a .460 Weatherby with a normal Burris or Tasco scope... grin

John

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I don't have the Blackhawk version of this stock. I do have the regular Knoxx CompStock for my Ruger 77 in 350 Remington Magnum. In short, I love it. It is a strange feeling after shooting this rifle due to the lack of perceived recoil. One thing I did discover is that the buttstock does tend to rise and smack you in the chops. All I did was put a Beartooth pad around the rear of the stock so that my eye was level with the scope and everything was perfect after that. I have fired this rifle (both at the range and while deer hunting)well over 100 times and have never been hit by the scope. My scope has 3.5" of eye relief, so it's not a LER scope. I believe the stock compresses only about 1". With this being said, if you have a tendency to crawl the stock, you stand a better channce to get kissed by the scope no matter what type stock you have. One final comment: My rifle fit perfectly into the CompStock, though this may vary from rifle to rifle. In any case, that has been my experience with this stock and I like it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jpb
Seems fine for iron sights.

Unless you use a long eye relief Scout scope, how does one keep from getting your scope driven through your forehead as the stock collapses to absorb recoil?

I would buy tickets to see somebody shoot a .460 Weatherby with a normal Burris or Tasco scope... grin

John

Burris' usually have fairly long eye relief, how about a sightron or Bushnell! smile

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Retsof
I don't have the Blackhawk version of this stock. I do have the regular Knoxx CompStock for my Ruger 77 in 350 Remington Magnum. In short, I love it. It is a strange feeling after shooting this rifle due to the lack of perceived recoil. One thing I did discover is that the buttstock does tend to rise and smack you in the chops. All I did was put a Beartooth pad around the rear of the stock so that my eye was level with the scope and everything was perfect after that. I have fired this rifle (both at the range and while deer hunting)well over 100 times and have never been hit by the scope. My scope has 3.5" of eye relief, so it's not a LER scope. I believe the stock compresses only about 1". With this being said, if you have a tendency to crawl the stock, you stand a better channce to get kissed by the scope no matter what type stock you have. One final comment: My rifle fit perfectly into the CompStock, though this may vary from rifle to rifle. In any case, that has been my experience with this stock and I like it.

I stand corrected. From the picture, I thought the stock would compress much more.

You learn something every day here at the Campfire!

John

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (1234, 007FJ, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,417 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,415
Posts18,470,496
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.