OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Are these rifles as good or better than the Mosin Nagant,s
Or are they a sub standard rifle.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
SVTs are semi-autos, Mosins are bolts.Apples and oranges.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I am asking about the quality of the firearm I do know that they can not be imported into the country at least for now.

The Mosins for the era are very well made and accurate ,just want a little info on the SVT,s with nothing else from the era to compare to

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Ok how does the SVT compare to the SKS

Quality and accuracy

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
yes, they are as good or better than a mosin.
a mosin is quite crude in reality, which is part of their charm.
The svt 38 and 40 was russia's answer to the garand.
they have an adjustible gas port which is an atvantage/disatvantage to the garand. One of the issues at the time was improper cleaning which tended to foul them up.
The russians didn't particularly like the rifle because of this, but the germans did like the capture gun. It fires the same round as the mosin from a ten round mag. Accuracy is relative to what? To a mosin certainly.
I have fired both the semiauto and the select fire version and they are a hoot. The gas system, like the garand, takes quite a bit of the recoil out.
The s.k.s is a 7.62x39 and a lighter caliber than either the svt or the mosin.
They were allowed to be imported for a WHILE, but are currently restricted. Prices seem to continue to go up.
The bayonets are quite expensive.
As i remember, there were two different manufactures in russia, and the 38 came first, and was modifyied, thus the 40 designation. One of the interesting things about the svt is that the trigger fire controll group for the semiauto takes very little time to pull out and substitute the class three auto version of same. Thus, any svt can be made select fire with the select fire control group, which if course as to be registered. Any fairly rare in this country.
While i am a garand whore, i can say with some accuracy they are what the garand probably should have been.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Thanks for the info.
I have a chance at getting one and my girl friend said lets go and look at it today. Whats up with that. Its a 1 1/2 hour drive with no traffic in So. Cal.
So. Cal. is another reason I would like to have it.

Thanks again

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 54 invisible), 2,562 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,475
Posts18,471,521
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.