Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Made some delicious bolognese "gravy" last night. Had some over linguini for dinner. Veal, beef, and pork, in roughly equal proportions, went into it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Looks very good..recipe?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
guess not... but google is your friend

Ingredients

6 ounces bacon or pancetta, diced
1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
1 1/4 cups finely chopped carrots
3/4 cup finely chopped celery
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/3 cup tomato paste
3 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
1 1/4 cups whole milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 pound linguine pasta, prepared according to package directions
Finely grated Parmesan cheese (optional)

Directions

In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until it is crisp and has released almost all of its fat, about 6 minutes. This is called rendering.

Add the onion, carrots, celery, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are very soft and lightly browned around the edges, about 6 minutes.

Add the ground chuck and cook, stirring to break up any clumps, until the meat is browned, about 5 minutes.

Add the vinegar, garlic, and tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.

Add the beef broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat so that the sauce just simmers. Simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes.

Combine the milk and cream in a small mixing bowl. After the sauce has simmered for 15 minutes, and at even intervals, start adding the milk-cream mixture little by little--1/4 cup or so at a time over 11/2 hours. By the end of the 11/2 hours, the milk mixture should be completely incorporated and the sauce should be very thick and creamy. This sauce is not supposed to be very "saucy"--it should be tender morsels of meat coated by a thick, creamy sauce.

Transfer the cooked pasta to a large heatproof bowl and add the sauce. Toss th

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
and what's this "gravy" crap... ya use gravy on taters, chicken fried steak, roast beef....ya use sauce on pasta...some teacher you are............fer cryin out loud.

too bad ya have me on ignore ya old puzzy! laugh

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by eh76
Looks very good..recipe?
Wow, three responses. Just had to see what you wanted.

Recipe: Saute a lightly salted mixture of one finely chopped onion, one finely chopped celery stalk including the leaves, one finely chopped carrot, in lard (or the cooking oil of your choice) till onions are translucent. Then add one pound ground beef, one pound ground veal, and one pound ground pork. Turn heat high and stir for about ten minutes. Add a cup of red wine. Keep cooking and stirring for another five minutes. Stir in a tablespoon full of tomato paste and cook for another couple of minutes. Add three cups full of canned tomatoes that you've previously a) removed the hard white parts and bits of skin from, then b) crushed to bits. Mix in. Add four whole bay leaves and a teaspoon full of fresh ground black pepper, stir in. Bring to a boil, then down to a simmer. Add two teaspoons of salt and stir in. Simmer uncovered for two to three hours. Every half hour, check to see if it's getting dry. If so, add warm whole milk a cup at a time, then stir it in, so the "gravy" remains liquid. After you've added a cup or two, you can switch to hot water as the additive instead of milk. Periodically, taste for salt. If it needs more, add more a little at a time till it's right.

PS How about we try being at least a little civil to each other, and I can take you off ignore?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Looks very good..recipe?
Wow, three responses. Just had to see what you wanted.

Recipe: Saute a lightly salted mixture of one finely chopped onion, one finely chopped celery stalk including the leaves, one finely chopped carrot, in lard (or the cooking oil of your choice) till onions are translucent. Then add one pound ground beef, one pound ground veal, and one pound ground pork. Turn heat high and stir for about ten minutes. Add a cup of red wine. Keep cooking and stirring for another five minutes. Stir in a tablespoon full of tomato paste and cook for another couple of minutes. Add three cups full of canned tomatoes that you've previously a) removed the hard white parts and bits of skin from, then b) crushed to bits. Mix in. Add four whole bay leaves and a teaspoon full of fresh ground black pepper, stir in. Bring to a boil, then down to a simmer. Add two teaspoons of salt and stir in. Simmer uncovered for two to three hours. Every half hour, check to see it if it's getting dry. If so, add warm whole milk a cup at a time, then stir it in, so the "gravy" remains liquid. After you've added a cup or two, you can switch to hot water as the additive instead of milk. Periodically, taste for salt. If it needs more, add more a little at a time till it's right.

PS How about we try being at least a little civil to each other, and I can take you off ignore?

Do what you like..I have been civil...you have just been a puzzy putting people on ignore....fer cryin out loud grow up. I just call them like I see them.

You quit posting cop hating, paul worshipping, drama queen threads and I won't bust your chops....that work?

Ignore is for puzzys.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

You quit posting cop hating, paul worshipping, drama queen threads and I won't bust your chops....that work?
I'm very easy to get along with. You need to learn to tolerate those who don't agree 100% with you on everything.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I'm very easy to get along with. You need to learn to tolerate those who don't agree 100% with you on everything.

Uh..........I didn't put anyone on ignore cause I didn't agree with them.............I think you need to take your own advice....grow some skin.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
as I figured..............

UBB Message
This user is ignoring you. You cannot send them a message.

Please click back to return to the previous page.

grow a set or the negroes in pickups got ya..........

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

Uh..........I didn't put anyone on ignore cause I didn't agree with them.............
I've got zero problem with folks disagreeing with me. I won't tolerate constant incivility, however. That's what gets placed on ignore.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Uh..........I didn't put anyone on ignore cause I didn't agree with them.............
I've got zero problem with folks disagreeing with me. I won't tolerate constant incivility, however. That's what gets placed on ignore.

You call posting all that crap about LEO being corrupt being civil? or berating people because they don't worship at the altar of ron paul being civil? you are one messed up excuse of a life form.

typical liberal mentality....force your beliefs and values on others....control freak aren't ya... saw it in how you dealt with your mom and that stupid piece of schit knife...like I said...grow a set.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
you can't deal with a difference in opinion or controversy...you better find a phuggin hole and pull the top in over your head.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
still the putz I see.................call a whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance
UBB Message
This user is ignoring you. You cannot send them a message.

Please click back to return to the previous page.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
yep had you pegged from the beginning...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
....didn't figure you had it in ya to begin with.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Come on boys. This is the food forum. Everybody likes to eat.
You two want to fight that is fine but take it outside please.

I won't even fight with the heathen that insist in cooking beans in their chili.

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
beans are good chili and ground meat makes good jerky. smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
eh,,,, just so's ya know. I tried the recipi you found on-line last night.
My advice if you're planning to do the same is DON'T BOTHER!
Most godawfull tasting chit ever! I threw the whole mess out after chocking down about a half of a serving.
I followed the directions pretty closly too, with the only exception being that since I didn't have white wine vinegar on hand I substituted two tsp white wine and 2 tsp white vinegar for the recomended 4 tsp white wine vinegar. Can't imagine that made much difference.
I can't put my finger on it but something about the tomato paste, cream/milk, and carrot combo made for a foul taste I really can't describe.

Had to borrow my neighbors Cat so I could lick it's ass to get the taste out of my mouth.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yea,,, I wasn't blaming you.
Just giving you a heads up.
Truth is, I've found more stinkers on-line than I have good ones, but I have stumbled across a few great ones so I keep looking.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 67 invisible), 2,635 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,452
Posts18,471,079
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.