Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Was looking at thi and wondered if anyone had expereience with it?

http://www.x-stand.com/

Looking fer a lite-weight stand that is also a climber, as I hunt public land and will be doing so for several more years.

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Lone Wolf, but they are proud of them.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Lone Wolf.

Camp is where you make it.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I use a Summit Viper and have been pretty happy with it. When I'm in the market for another one though Lone Wolf is going to be high on my list. Spendy but everyone I know that has them really likes them.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
TomCat I,approximately 15 lbs. Maximum weight limit for the TomCat I is 250 lbs.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
What Mar336 said.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Summit Open Shot, 11 lbs. Ive had one for 3 years or so. Its been the only stand Ive used since I purchased it. Iowa, KS, Nebraska, CO. Cables will set with the large and small trees. Its solid and holds well, I'm 6'1 and 230 lbs. I am still using the original cables, though I picked up an extra set, and more shrink rubber a few months ago.

I got tired of packing 17 lbs stands up and down the hills in NE Nebraska and SE South Dakota. I liked it so much I bought a spare at a close out price last December. Good luck

Joseph

Joseph
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I have a TimberTall, that weighs 12lbs. The seat is crappy, so I put a Summit on it. Havent used it alot, as I got it toward the end of last year. Extremely light and climbs quiet. Will give it a better test this year.

JimD

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I've used a Summit Bushmaster for years. It's similar to the Open Shot. They are not near as easy to climb with as a sit and climb stand, but easy enough. Killed plenty of deer out of that stand. I probably have 7 climbers, but it's the one I grab when I want light weight.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
With any light stand, I can't stress enough how important it is to strap of the top piece with a bungee when you get where you want to be. Don't ask me how I know laugh

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can agree with the open shot, good stand.
The Viper I do not consider a lightweight at 21 pounds. My go to lightweight climber for a couple of decades was an original Loggy Bayou,@ 14 pounds. Only had to replace the original climbing band once. I sold it two years ago for a Viper, which is a nice stand and quieter, but much heavier. Would not have been that big a deal, but I have some long walks @ 1/2 mile or more to some of my stand sights. Include a loaded pack, bow, etc and the stand becomes a good workout to push through thick cover and up steep draws. Sweating through your clothes during the early season does not help your scent control any!!
I missed the Loggy Bayou so much I wanted to find another of the original ones, without the bulky seats of the newer ones. Had one fall into my lap last fall that is near new condition, not a scatch on it. It will get a good workout this fall. Still one of the most stable of the lightweights.

Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool !!

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target".

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ringworm
TomCat I,approximately 15 lbs. Maximum weight limit for the TomCat I is 250 lbs.

[Linked Image]

First time I have seen one of these. How long have you used this rig? Any issues? It looks like a light weight version of the Porta-Climb Cadilac I used to have. Although it was 32 pounds!!

Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool !!

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target".

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
that sounds scarey

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by fyshbum
Originally Posted by ringworm

[Linked Image]

First time I have seen one of these. How long have you used this rig? Any issues? It looks like a light weight version of the Porta-Climb Cadilac I used to have. Although it was 32 pounds!!

If you type in TomCat Climber in Google, you find it, but noone answers da' phone.

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I've probably spent several thousand dollars over the years buying and trying climbing stands in search of the "perfect one". I can state from experience there isn't one made that's perfect, that's why I own 5 from 3 different manufacturers.

Summits and API are the best I've found for comfort and all day sits but they are noisier and more cumbersome to pack in and out and set up and take down but most weight close to 20 lbs.

Lone Wolf is the absolute best I own for packing and quietness but it isn't as comfortable for long sits. They weigh 14-16 lbs depending on the model.

I generally use my Lone Wolf with hand climber for hunts that require a long walk in and out, on public land and for bowhunting. I use my Summit Viper or Cobra for gun hunting, all day hunts and mostly on private land.

Last edited by Ghostman; 07/23/11.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I use a Timbertall stand weighs 12.5 lbs. Like it better than my API.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1minute, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 2500HD, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 62 invisible), 2,336 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,176
Posts18,503,222
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.