Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
All of these were killed in middle Tennessee. Truly nothing great here and I have several more that are not in this picture. If I had not screwed up on many other opportunities I have had on good bucks (reason I say I am not a great deer hunter or killer by any stretch, I have screwed many times on great bucks), I would have 3 times as many as I have.

[Linked Image]

NRA Benefactor life member
BP-B2

T
T
cool

Im not straight out of Comptom Im straight out the trailer!!!!!

Mafia Ring Leader
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
very nice bucks and mounts

If you cant hang'em on the wall
Hang'em between your teeth!!!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Congrats!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There are some nice deer in the bunch. I appreciate someone that will say that they are not the great hunter as know I'm not. Proud I'm no the only one to scew things up on occasion.

"If you got it, you got it!" In memory of Pops, gone but never forgotten
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
If you have your taxidermist on speed dial, you might be a redneck (Foxworthy of course) I'm jealous.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I think you might be selling yourself a little short Headhunter your bucks aren't world class trophy's this is true but for your section of the country you have probably done about as good as you could have, if you would have spent the same amount of time in Indiana, Illinios or Kentucky as you have invested in your Tennessee bucks I'm sure your wall would look much different. I was in the same boat as you beating My head against the wall in Virginia (another very poorly managed state for trophy Whitetails) I also have a wall full of 115"-125" Virginia bucks, but for My area as yours these are the biggest bucks in the woods(with the very rare exception) I finally came to the conclusion after many many wasted years that if I really want to kill trophy Whitetails I will have to hunt states where management is geared more for trophy bucks like the Mid-West States with one buck limits and no endless gun seasons during the peak of the rut (like Virginia) since I made this move 5 years ago My trophy room is much more to My liking with several bucks scoring 140" to 153" hell I've seen more bucks that I consider trophy class in the last 5 years than I did hunting Virginia for 25 years. Oh yea, don't beat yourself up too much over the [bleep]-ups everybody screws up now and again it's what makes hunting great, if it was easy everybody would kill big bucks every year..............Good luck...................Hb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This will be my 1st year hunting in Middle Tennessee,i hope to get a shot at one of those.
You got some respectable bucks there. Were the achery or rifle kills ?

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Take_a_knee, my first cousin does all my stuff. I am so blessed to get a "family" discount, would not have been to afford it otherwise. I have had over 50 ducks, 3 bobcats, a goose and coyote head done. Real small collection but I am definitely a redneck and like taxidermy.

VaHillbilly, thank you. An employee of the TWRA told me if I had hunted Illinois the same way I have in Tennessee (many years I hunt some portion of every single day of every season) that I would NOT have killed any larger bucks than I have in Tennessee, HILARIOUS in my opinion.

Gravestone, the largest deer in the picture grossed 142", rifle kill. 3 of them were bowkills from the blind, stalking, no ground blind and one of those made P&Y. 1 was a bowkill from a treestand. The rest are (3) muzzleloader and (2) gun kills.

I will add a few more mounts sometime, and could have another P&Y but a g3 was broke off and missed the net score.

I can tell you this, I just love to hunt and hope to get to other states soon. I do have a place I am getting to hunt in KY and it has potential.

Nmmshooter, I believe in staying in the woods no matter the weather, helps to overcome my screwups. I can tell you, in my opinion, if the weather is changing, any change, you need to be hunting, especially windy days. Cold, clear, still mornings are the worst in my opinion, I hunt every one of them, but in my world the deer move best when there is a wind.

Last edited by headhunter130; 09/05/12.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I was thinking you needed to post Santa's Deer. You need to show the one where you put the red ball on one of the noses for Rudolf.

Take a child hunting, fishing or trapping. They are the next generation of outdoors people.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
cool

To play the game, you first gotta have game. - Ike Turner

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Nice collection.

C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
A rather nice collection you have there!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
cool- great hunting

even fatdaddy says so

he is an equal opportunity ego stroker

laugh laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I thought all them Tennessee deer were little guys? grin

Very nice group of mounts.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Just wanted to add I have been blessed and lucky with places to hunt and just managed to be at the right place at the right time. A couple of them are public land animals and that was more persistence than being good. Stay in the woods all the time like I do and even if you are clueless like me one will make a mistake on occasion. That is how I kill deer.

The only part of my hunting that I am proud of, is when I see a deer first, I am pretty good at being an "indian" and slipping up on them or ambushing them with a bow. I have killed a pile of deer from the ground with a bow, but for each deer I have killed, I have screwed up at least twice that many chances. Like I said, persistence is the key.

Last edited by headhunter130; 09/05/12.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by headhunter130
Like I said, persistence is the key.

That's true for most endeavors.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
Hanging them on the front porch like that would certainly keep the missionaries and salesmen away.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm just the other side of the Tennessee river from being middle of the state...

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Not in Alaska anymore Steely?......................Hb

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
318 members (16penny, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 338Rules, 308Palma, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 42 invisible), 1,816 guests, and 788 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,186,236
Posts18,371,356
Members73,765
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.