Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
VAhuntr Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
Found a barely used Tree Lounge but do not have the directions or instructional video. I may sell the stand but I want to try it out first as I would love to use it as an all day stand for the rut. It is powder coat green in color and I'm pretty sure it is one of the newer models. Does anyone have some directions for these stands? Maybe someone could send them to me in a PDF format? Thanks in advance.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Seems to be a few videos on Youtube. Google it and you may find some help??

V
VAhuntr Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
Seems to be a few videos on Youtube. Google it and you may find some help??

I have looked at a couple of them on youtube but would like to see the actual set up of the stand to the tree. Guess I just would like to reassure myself before climbing.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I had one a long time ago. I have a suggestion (which I did myself).

Attach it to a tree and only go up 3-4 ft and play with it. You don't have to climb 20 feet to learn.

Mine was safe enough, I just like sitting more upright. ( I know they're adjustable but)

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Call the manufacturer. Good folks. I've had a Tree Lounge since 1980.

μολὼν λαβέ
IC B2

V
VAhuntr Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by TNrifleman

They closed the doors last year and are out of business. Not exactly sure what happened. Wish I would have bought one several years back when they were going to shows and were more popular.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I picked one up in the early 90's and still have it. I purchased the improved adjustment bar and added the bow hunter stand. I hate the weight of the thing and the noise it makes going up and down the tree, but it's the most comfortable stand available. I've spent all day in a tree on many occasions.

Tree selection is probably the most important factor in your comfort. You'll need to find one that has a base 3ft above the ground that you can attach the stand to. Then, you'll want the tree diameter to be nearly the same at 20ft (look for a telephone pole out there).

Set-up is way simple. Attach the main stand to the tree so that it is almost perpendicular (parallel to the ground). Slide the straps on the legs of the foot stand and attach it to the tree. Both the main and foot stand have only two bolts each ... trust me you'll drop the wing nuts in the leaves more than once. Step onto the foot stand and test for sturdiness. Then jump into the saddle of the main stand, facing the tree. Stand up on the foot stand and lift the main to a higher position and put downward pressure to lock it in. Sit in the saddle and lift the foot stand to a higher position and put downward pressure to lock it in. Repeat until you've reached your desired height. Once there you can tighten the back bar to angle the stand properly. I want the angle to be less than 45 degrees. Test your desired position at the bottom of the tree, then set it to that at height.

Getting down the tree is done in reverse fashion. One thing you don't want to do is lower the foot stand too far. This makes unweighting and repositioning the main stand tough. Always have some bend in your knees when locking the foot stand in during descent.

I also purchased some comfort accessories ... chill pad, rifle rack and pillow. I have taken hour-long naps up there without a second thought. Once you get up the tree and see how hard it's locked into the tree, you'll get comfortable too.

There is one thing that cause the stand to lose contact with the tree ... should you ever lose gravity it will not lock in ... but at that point, who cares. grin

p.s. - I believe the owners have passed on. They were both getting on in years in the 90's.

Last edited by DownWind; 03/21/12.

Dave
Sticks and stones may break my bones ... but hollow-points expand on impact.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Originally Posted by TNrifleman

They closed the doors last year and are out of business. Not exactly sure what happened. Wish I would have bought one several years back when they were going to shows and were more popular.

I believe the owner/inventor passed away.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have never used one, I roll with the original Ol Man climbers. I do see them on Craigslist from time to time.

Long Live The Judge

Thinking of moving to Florida? Don't........
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
+ 10 on the 'Ol Man' climbers.

Light, easy to carry & set up, comfortable, and safe.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, Bob Hice passed in 2006 and Margaret couldn't keep it going even adding the extra line of stands after Bob's passing.

I wish I'd have not put off buying the bowhunting adapter. Will have to make my own now.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, I didn't remember all the details, but had heard he passed.

V
VAhuntr Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
Thanks for the tips. I really like my Summit Viper but I plan to give the Tree Lounge a shot. If I don't like it I'll probably just sell it. To me it seems like the weight is about the same as the Viper and I'm sure it will be at least as comfortable to hunt from.

Last edited by VAhuntr; 03/21/12.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I have got with the bowhunting adapter I will sell for $175 shipped. Barely used!

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I've had mine for years and really like it.I may no longer have them but I'll see if I can dig up the VHS cassettes.

I am an N.R.A. Life Member,you should be to.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I had one of the first ones made.Mine was heavy and noisy to set up but very comfortable to sit in all day.

If you have to carry it too far and give yourself plenty of time to set it up you will enjoy it.

As suggested don't climb too far especially before you learn how to easily come down.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
as with anything there are trade offs.... most comfortable deer stand around but heavy... noisy to put up take down.... quit using mine 2nd to weight... just hook it on a tree and play with it... pretty esay to use and figue out

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sell it and buy a Summit Viper or one of their bigger models.

The one I used was loud, heavy, and no more comfortable than my Summit for long sits in a tree.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Thanks for the tips. I really like my Summit Viper but I plan to give the Tree Lounge a shot. If I don't like it I'll probably just sell it. To me it seems like the weight is about the same as the Viper and I'm sure it will be at least as comfortable to hunt from.

I love how I saw this after my above post.

DOH!!!!

(I still love the Viper compared to the Tree Lounge, but YMMV)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i think i still have the free vcr tape laying around somewhere.

My idea of being organic is taking a dump in the woods.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (160user, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 1,993 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,755
Posts18,495,480
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.