Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#6263740 03/07/12
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Each time I check this site it tells me 6 Viewing! Guess that's the entire number of posters coming here!! cry confused sleep

Even birds know not to land downwind!
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Each time I check this site it tells me 6 Viewing! Guess that's the entire number of posters coming here!! cry confused sleep
I'm surprised there's that many. It used to be a pretty good board even though few posted. Seems like there's more posing now but the board isn't as good.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I was one of the original posters here when Rick carved BPCR out from Single Shots.

I hang out here to learn from others, and occasionally share my meager store of knowledge if I believe it will help other shooters interested in BPCRs. I'm a shooter first of all, not a rifle loony. I don't hunt any more, and am only marginally interested in historical topics. I don't mess with what might be termed exotic chamberings. At this point in my life, I don't plan and look forward to acquiring my next rifle. I have two Brownings that are set up for silhouette and long range competition respectively. I have had good initial success with paper patched bullets in the .45-70 driving a 535 gr. patched BACO money bullet with 84.0 grs. of Swiss 1.5.

I'm shooting that .45-70 in the regional Creedmoor match in Phoenix this weekend, my first foray into that discipline, and got my 800, 900, and 1000 yard settings at the practice match yesterday. Needed 24 minutes of windage to deal with a stiff 9 o' clock wind that pushed the range flags straight out.

Wishes of luck would be appreciated. I'll need all I can get.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well Good luck to you and may lighter winds prevail! smile

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thanks, Woody. Actually, the better shooters like the wind because knowing how to deal with it gives them an edge over the competition. I'm not in that league.

You might see me and my rifle one these days. My main shooting partner, my son, lives in Omaha and we shoot at the ENGC range when I'm visiting the family.

Paul

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When you get up this way give me a heads up..

Woody
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I keep coming back because of the knowledge that is here.

While I may never talk E.T. into boxing up that tired, old Sharps he has sitting in the corner and sending it to me, I can still dream.

This forum has brought a new interest to life in me, that being paper-patched bullets.

I have a single-shot .30-40 that I REALLY want to try with PP slugs, and I have a new (to me) .458WM bolt gun that I want to try to duplicate .45/2.6" data in with PP bullets.

Add in bullet casting, and the attendant sizing and other necessities of lead bullets, and I have a whole new world open to me.

I lurk here more than post, because I don't know my vernier sight from my drop-tube, but I'm learning! laugh

I hope you guys keep posting, even E.T., especially since he is an enabler...

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
it says 7 now smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ed.. I started my BPCR adventure almost exactly a year ago after making the leap of faith with a Shilo purchase thanks to extreme cattle prodding by ET. shocked Still waiting on delivery[Sept/Oct likely] got most of the accessory toys purchased,bullets cast and a major cache of lead and wheel weights in reserve for the good times coming.My thanks goes out to ET,sharpsguy,Otter and others for valuable info and the tech support from just reading the forum mail.What a great bunch to be associated with! wink

Woody
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey Paul shoot straight and I'm sure you'll represent us 45-70 shooters well.
Are you shooting in the Cup or just the regionals?
Hope to shoot with you and Pete in a couple of months at Alliance.

Woody you may want to venture up the road to Alliance on the weekend of May 4 and watch and see some of the real fun in the bpcr games.

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Woody,

E.T. is worse than any dope pusher I've ever met... laugh He calls me in the evening, during the day, anytime he thinks I might be weakening...

Ranch13, What is Alliance? Is that a BPCR range or match?

I dug out an old Rifle magazine earlier today with the intent to read about BPCR again.

Think I'll get off this thing and read it.

Thanks again for the encouragement!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ranch that would be a hoot may have to put that on my calendar and try to make it happen.

Woody
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ed "Alliance" Ne. is the town where the match is held.

Woody
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Alphabet soup (ehehe) Alliance is a town in western nebraska.
Info on that shoot go here www.alliancerifleclub.com
Woody, we'll see what it look like a little closer to go time, maybe if you can make it out there we could get you some rounds down range.

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
There are two major BPCR events at the Alliance rifle club, following pretty much the same format. The club sponsors a shoot in May, and Harlan Sage of Sagebrush Products sponsors the Sagebrush Shoot at the same location, usually in August. Great shooting, and lots of fun.

Here is a certain rancher, and his sidekick of questionable reputation, at Alliance awhile back.

Paul

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Could ya hit it? At 1000 yards with a lead bullet from a rifle from the 19th century?

Paul

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Dont let those two guys fool you.
You can see that target is only 25 yards away and all they use is a 4' wood 2X2 with a sling shot screwed to it and shoot those old clay marbles at it and yell BANG----CLANG grin

Hey Paul show them how it's done. Shoot straight.

Kurt

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Paul fer awonder that camera still works after Pete punished it like that....
Hehe, Sharps and Kurt ain't getting out of this one so dang easy.... I got pictures, just need to get them to where I can put em here....

www.historicshooting.com
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One of youze' is as bright as the other is cute, Don.

Luck tomorrow, Paul !

Blew like STINK here today.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sketchy reports but it sounds like the winds have been raising holy ned with them Creedmoor shooter at Ben avery....
Here's the Sharpsman hisself at the May shoot at Alliance a few years ago when the big blizzard hit.
[Linked Image]

www.historicshooting.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,814 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,967
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.