Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
So I bought a used Browning Challenger from a guy in Quebec, and the transfer was completed from both ends on May 12. TODAY -- today some 36 days later, the Ontario CFO has authorized the transfer and my pistol can be shipped.

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Brother Keith;
Not to rub your nose in it or anything, but I contacted Miramichi on Monday this week to transfer a revolver to a chap in Saskatchewan and it was OK'd by today.

Not only that, the ATT folks here in BC faxed me a copy of a short term to transport to the post office in under 2 hours, so it's on the way as we speak.

Sorry, I'm not sure what the difference is, but apparently there sure is one from province to province.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Keith,
Every time our club has dealings with the local CFO's office it seems they have some additional requirement for us which differs from something they asked for previously. It is my understanding the rep from the CFO office now seems to preface all his comments with the statement "not my fault guys, more changes from Ottawa."

I am really beginning to wonder just how much the Conservatives are our friends. Either that or they have completely lost control of the mounties.

Jim

T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Likely because Ontario has the largest population and all that, but still frustrating to say the least. frown

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe it is just you.

It had to be said, after all you carried one for thirty some years, why would they trust you now?

Randy
with tongue firmly planted in cheek

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Well, I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

My Back Pages --- at the 30 second mark. laugh

Brother Keith

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Keith,

I think its called regression smirk

Jim

T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T

I enter a plea of guilty as charged. grin

Brother Keith

T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Randy,

Yeah, and at one time, I was a level IV pistol safety instructor for the issuance of ATT's, and now I have to shoot under supervision a minimum of 4 times before I can get an ATT. wink

Brother Keith

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Keith,

If thats what it takes you to qualify then I'm not even going to try!

Jim

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Well, I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

My Back Pages --- at the 30 second mark. laugh

Man, that takes me back. Thanks

Randy

Lester Roloff
T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T

Without prejudice, I guess. laugh

Brother Keith

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Randy,

Yeah, and at one time, I was a level IV pistol safety instructor for the issuance of ATT's, and now I have to shoot under supervision a minimum of 4 times before I can get an ATT. wink

Seriously?

In BC what it took to get an ATT was buying a handgun....

Hell, to get my ATC all I had to do was go to the range with another guy for a half hour and prove I could hit a bear sized target 6 times in a row at 20 meters....

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
So I bought a used Browning Challenger from a guy in Quebec, and the transfer was completed from both ends on May 12. TODAY -- today some 36 days later, the Ontario CFO has authorized the transfer and my pistol can be shipped.

seems this is not on your side but new law that hit us in Qu�bec (Anastassia). the liberals are not our friends at all ....

so maybe the problem was SQ side.

all the best.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn

I thought handguns were illegal in Canada.?.?. I go fishing on the Rideau Lake near Perth and I remeber a year or two ago talking with the motel owner about this and he was saying that handguns were strictly forbidden.

Never be upset by getting old, many never get the privilege.

Knock knock. Who's there? 9/11. 9/11 who? You said you'd never forget.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They are restricted with a truckload of caveats, but no where near forbidden.

Randy

Lester Roloff
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The motel owner may have been saying that handguns were prohibited because you are from the US. Except for possibly coming into Canada to shoot in a handgun competition you are not allowed to bring in handguns.

Jim

T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Should be here tomorrow. Looking foreward to it finally. The seller was a little tardy replying to some of my pm's to send it along -- like 10 days after he could have. Grrrrrrr!

Brother Keith

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have also decided it is time to buy a handgun, it will be interesting to see what the hoops are that require jumping. Thinking of a Ruger mark iii.

T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
I looked at those too, and I have owned a Mark II in the past, and was pleased. I think, if I went new, I might seriously consider either a 22/45, or a new Buckmark. Can't go too far wrong with the Rugers, for sure.

I got the Challenger because medicman has had one for about a thousand years, and it is a piece of history as well -- made in Belgium at the F.N. factory -- otherwise it was going to be a Ruger.

Brother Keith

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 3,084 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,486
Posts18,471,896
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.