24hourcampfire.com
-->
Thread Like Summary
Gringo Loco
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#8732083 03/30/2014 10:59 PM
by Sakoluvr
Sakoluvr
Members who are gone from the fire, but not forgotten. Please feel free to add a member.

In no special order:

Qtip
Malm
Clay
Eddybo
Monashee

Liked Replies
#19443128 May 10th a 07:37 AM
by Seafire
Seafire
Ed,

Thanks for posting this. I'll sincerely miss Gene. Gene had to be a real Texas Original. I think the Campfire members I've met and looked up the most have been Gene, Blue, & Paul ( CCCC). Gene reminded me so much of my grandfather, who WASN'T from Texas, but West Virginia instead. MY granddad passed in 68, and was born in 1907.

I loved to listen to Gene spin his tales. A Marine Vietnam Vet. I recall when we all got together at your place in East Texas for a gathering and we got hit by the tornado.... he was standing by the campfire telling us some of his tales. Everyone was laughing and as you passed by, you asked Gene, why did most of his hunting tales always involve taking deer at night, off the side of the road with a spot light. He never missed a beat and IIRC, he said that way you don't need to have a hunting license in your possession if you do it right.

After that tornado touched down on us, stuff was falling all over the place out of the trees. The only thing that was damaged was Gene's old Dodge Diesel Pickup, when a big branch fell on it and left a big valley it in. His response to that was "For God's Sake! Wouldn't you know the only damn vehicle damaged, was the one that has no insurance on it!"

I consoled him the next day and he told me 'its no big deal! I can go get one out of the bone yard for $100 and put that on there to replace the damaged one. It'd cost me a lot more than $100 for 6 months of insurance on that old truck!'

I am proud to have been able to know Gene. He's a true treasure that are less and less easy to find in today's world.

All who knew him a just a little bit lessened in their lives, when he passed. At least I can verify I sure am...

Thanks again for letting us know this sad news.

Hope all is well with you and Cat. Been missing you guy at our gatherings.. but I fear they are going to slowly die out if not now, in the very near future. The Quemado crowd is the best darn group of people I've known in my entire life., bar none.

Happy Trails Ed.
1 member likes this
by memtb
memtb
I don’t come here often, but this visit has been very sobering.

While I haven’t made any close friends here at the fire, and have met only a few …..there are so many names within these pages that I recognize and enjoyed reading their posts/contributions.

I only yesterday saw that BoggyCreekRanger had passed. I only knew BCR as a friend of Sonny or 270 whom I met many years ago.

It hurts to read about the passing of so many that greatly contributed to the Campfire…..all are missed! memtb
1 member likes this
AX24

539 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 51 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,457
Posts18,529,114
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.