Home
Posted By: 280Ackleyrized Obsession Bows 2015 - 11/26/14
Ok guys, I have received word Obsession will be releasing it's 2015 lineup Friday. After the release we will begin taking orders for their bows. Also, contact me for any accessences you might need. Be glad to get you fixed up. Looking forward to a great 2015
Posted By: 280Ackleyrized Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 11/28/14
https://m.facebook.com/ObsessionBows
The first 2015 Obsession Bow is out. The Delta 6. Great looking short ATA bow with speed and shootability wrapped into a single package. Will get pricing info up as soon as it is made available to us
Posted By: 280Ackleyrized Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 11/28/14
[Linked Image]

$950 TYD.
Posted By: bowfisher Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 11/29/14
I'm in the 29" draw ballpark. I've always favored the 34" and longer ATA bows. I'm on pins and needles waiting for the shoot-through target bow to be announced!

Of course, ya never know til you shoot them. 2015 is gonna be a good year!
Posted By: 280Ackleyrized Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 11/29/14
Yes it is. These bows shoot amazingly well for their ATA. You don't need 35" ATA in these bows to be super accurate. Dennis Lewis has already proven this several times winning 3d shoots with an Evolution. Yeah their 6" BH speed bow for 2014
Posted By: 79S Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 11/29/14
The obsession evolution will be hard to beat. I have one and great shooting bow for sure.
Posted By: 280Ackleyrized Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 12/01/14
Specs on the Fusion 6 and 7 were released today.
Fusion 6
32.25 ATA
6" BH
26.5-30" DL
7075 Fusion DS Cam
356 IBO

Fusion 7
7" BH
27.5-31" DL
32.25 ATA
7075 Fusion DS Cam
346IBO

Addiction OBB
7" BH
35" ATA
24-32" DL
Fusion Modular Cam
335 IBO

More to come as soon as specs are released
Posted By: 280Ackleyrized Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 12/19/14
[Linked Image]
Here is the first pic of the Fusion 7. The official release is getting close. 32.25 ATA. 7" BH. 346IBO
Posted By: setch Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 12/19/14
280ack...is the fusion bow being added to the 2015 lineup or is it replacing one of the 2014 bows?

...sure wish their website would comprehensively list out the 2015 line with specs
Posted By: 280Ackleyrized Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 12/19/14
Added
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 12/20/14
Whats a guy with a 27" draw length suppose to do? Thats disappointing.
Posted By: 280Ackleyrized Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 12/20/14
What do you mean, ctsmith?
If referring to the Phoenix and Fusion 7 starting at 27.5", there is a short draw cam available. But, this old way of thinking with 6" BH bows not being "shootable" or being unforgiving is out the window. I'm 27" draw. More accurate with the Evolution than any bow I ever shot. And that includes longer BH bows. Heck a guy used an Evolution to win second leg of IBO triple crown. That speaks volumes.
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 12/20/14
I was referring to the Fusion 7. I shoot for approximately 32" axle to axle and 7" brace height. I hear you on the 6" brace heights and admit I've never tried one.
The fusion 7 is 32.25 ATA. 7" BH. And there is a short draw cam available to accommodate your draw length. But you'll give up nothing going to the fusion 6.
Posted By: 280Ackleyrized Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 12/22/14
www.obsessionbows.com
The 2015 catalog has been posted
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: centershot Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 12/26/14
So why would one buy an Obsession when other top manufacturers bows cost the same, provide the same speeds, same geometries, etc? Not dinging you, just curios. What is Obsessions nitch? or ground braking new technology? I am a Hoyt fan but have also owned PSE's and a Mathews or two and have seen few 'small name' bows that the mfg's have gone out of business and the owner got stuck with. Just wondering if this is another flash in the pan or if they really have something going? The Archery business would be a very difficult market to try and get into. There are a ton of these little guys (Prime, Elite, Obsession, Barnsdale, etc) what makes this one unique?
Posted By: 280Ackleyrized Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 12/26/14
These bows shoot like no other bow I have ever shot. They are butter smooth. Extremely shootable. Whisper quiet. Super easy to tune. And lightening fast. The cam system is extremely efficient. These bows handle heavy arrows very well without the large loss in velocity you see with some bows. Speed may not "matter" to some. But if I can shoot a heavy arrow and shoot it fast, im just that much more ahead of the game.They offer upgrade features at no extra cost that other companies charge hundreds for. Their customer service is second to none. Period. The owner of Obsession Bows takes a personal intrest in his customers. If you call Obsession, he will more than likely answer the phone. Try that with any of the other companies. And (like him or not), Obsession has the best lead designer in the archery industry. They aren't going anywhere. Plus unlike most companies, they offer a full lifetime transferable warranty. I could shoot and sell any bow i wish. I chose Obsession.
Posted By: centershot Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 12/26/14
Fair enough, time will tell. I'll shoot one when I get an opportunity. Not sure if anyone in Idaho is a dealer at this point. Hoyt and Mathews make up 80%+ of the sales around here with the rest (Pse, Bear, Prime, Bowtech, etc) wrestling for the other 20%. Lots of die-hard fans of each it seems. My cousin came up with the "Inner Cam" rotating draw length adjustments for Hoyt back in the late '90's and was in charge of their engineering department until 2009 when he changed companies - could be part of my bias toward Hoyt. Fun guy to talk to with my engineering design and archery background.
Posted By: wirtbowhunter Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 12/27/14
Wish I had a dealer closer than 2-3 hrs away to try one. I may go for a road trip sometime this winter just to see what they shoot like.
Posted By: 280Ackleyrized Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 12/27/14
Idaho.....contact Tom Parkinson of Park n Sons Archery. He around Mountain Home I believe. Tell Tom I sent ya. He is a great guy. Very knowledgeable. Builds a heck of a set of strings as well. PM me and I'll give ya Tom's number
Posted By: centershot Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 12/29/14
I have a great local shop and it would really take something special to not patronize the shop one mile away for one a hundred miles away. If you know what I mean. I suppose if he is serous about promoting them he will show up at the local shoots. In fact MVB is having a Vegas Shoot the end of January - if he were to show up and put a whoppin' on the Wilde bunch and a few other Hoyt and Mathews pros that would be a real feather in his cap!
Originally Posted by centershot
I suppose if he is serous about promoting them he will show up at the local shoots. In fact MVB is having a Vegas Shoot the end of January - if he were to show up and put a whoppin' on the Wilde bunch and a few other Hoyt and Mathews pros

We know that isn't going to happen (whoppin on the Wilde's). There only a select few shooters in the world that can beat them boys. Those shooters all shoot for Hoyt for the most part. Mathews has a couple and maybe PSE (if Cousins is still shooting for them). Obsession doesn't list any "Pro Staff" on their site. I wonder what they would pay in contigency money?
Posted By: MojoHand Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 12/30/14
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Dammit!

You got me second guessing myself! Whatever that camo pattern/color is with the red cams, I love it. Awesome looking bow and from all reports shoots just as good as it looks. Although is the Fusion worth $100 more than The Evolution, I wonder.....
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 12/30/14
From your other post.

Originally Posted by MojoHand
I REALLY like this bow and am amazed at how far tech has come.

Don't doubt yourself. smile Like guitars and shotguns, "liking" it is a really big deal.
Posted By: 280Ackleyrized Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 12/31/14
Mojo I'll let you know in about 3 weeks. My fusion 6 should be here. From what I am hearing the answer is yes
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 01/01/15
Idaho.....contact Tom Parkinson of Park n Sons Archery. He around Mountain Home I believe. Tell Tom I sent ya. He is a great guy. Very knowledgeable. Builds a heck of a set of strings as well. PM me and I'll give ya Tom's number

Tom is a personal friend and a heck of a good guy with a lot of archery background. I can provide you his contact information as well. I think he has a Facebook page as well. He was singing the Obsession bow's praises long before he became a dealer.
Posted By: kcm270 Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 01/01/15
I bought an Evolution last year. As a short draw lefty, I seldom find a bow to fit me on the rack. Shot one right handed, said "oh, s**t" and handed it to the dealer with my visa card.

280 has it right. FYI, my other two bows are a Mathews SBXT and a Bowtech Admiral. The Evolution is a remarkable blend of ease to shoot, practical accuracy and speed. And their camo patterns are darn good looking, too.
Posted By: WapitiBob Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 01/02/15
Cousins has never shot for PSE.
Posted By: centershot Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 01/02/15
I believe he was shooting a Prime at the Utah Open.
You maybe right. I see he is now shooting for Prime. I know after the divorce with Hoyt I saw him shooting a PSE. Of course that doesn't mean he was shooting for PSE.
He had a few issues with 'childish behavior' a few years back that Hoyt did not put up with. I think he has been carrying himself much better after that episode and is now a very competitive again. He was smokin' hot at Vegas last year until he shot a 9 (299 29X first day). Someone like that could be exactly what Obsession needs to get on the map.
Posted By: 280Ackleyrized Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 01/02/15
May be a while before Dennis takes that step. In the mean time the bows speak for themselves.
Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday is an old adage that still rings true and archery is no exception. At least Hoyt and Mathews think so and they tend to put up big $ for magazine adds letting everyone know. I hope Obsession soon finds themselves in a position to give the big boys a run. Looking at their current lineup they really don't have much for a target shooter.
Posted By: MojoHand Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 01/02/15
I don't know. Few things I hate more than having to pay extra money to fuel a manufacturers overblown advertising budget (shows, teams, ads, whatnot).

Seeing as manufacturers pass those costs on to their customers I would like to think that with a company like Obsession I'm paying for more bow than blow with my money. Yes, I know advertising is necessary but the less I have to pay for the better.

There are companies out there who build a great product and don't sponsor people to use said product. People (pros and the rest of us) pay out of their own pocket because they recognize the quality and think it's worth it. Santa Cruz Guitar Co. comes to mind...
True that, but when the company that does not advertise/have staff shooters, etc. charges as much as the one that does, where does that $ go?
Posted By: 280Ackleyrized Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 01/03/15
I give up. You pay the big advertisers big money....you get fancy ads/big name shooters and a decent bow. Obsession doesnt do all that, so....you get a better bow.
Posted By: MojoHand Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 01/03/15
That's what I am assuming....(course you know what assuming does...) laugh

I also realize OB doesn't have the volume of some of the others so you'll pay a little more, but I don't think I've heard anything but rave reviews on the OB's. And seeing as many of the reviews aren't by paid spokesmen or fanboys (for many it's their first OB) I have to think you're getting a little more for your money.

Now whether they're worth the price is, of course, up to the buyer. But whether I keep my PSE for a while and then trade up or just buy a second bow, I will be giving Obsession a good, long look (and hopefully be able to actually shoot one).
Pro's need to make money. In archery there is three basic ways to accomplish that.

1) Win money shoots
2) Contingency money
3) Sell product companies give you

At that level both shooter and equipment need to be the very best to accomplish #1 & 2. #2 also needs to be a reasonable amount of money. Basically two companies pay high contingency money. I'll let you guess which they are.

The top 50 archers in the world could shoot any bow they please for the most part. There is a reason that the majority pick the bows they do. That is because they want and need the best equipment to compete at that level.

The companies that choose to sponsor these archers get something besides sales in return. They get feedback from the best of the best. Which is what keeps their bows at the top of the sales charts. As well as their bows and shooters on top of the podium.

What we the consumer get is that technology in our hunting and target bows. Sure it cost nothing is free.

Posted By: 280Ackleyrized Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 01/04/15
Not much for the target shooter u say? Apparently you haven't seen the Reaper.
Posted By: centershot Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 01/05/15
That one is not on their website.
Posted By: 280Ackleyrized Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 01/06/15
Go to www.obsessionbows.com. Click on the 2015 catalog. Its there
Posted By: laker Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 01/06/15
Man I wish there was a dealer closer than 9 hours away. I would like to check one out. In the market for a new bow this year.
Posted By: 79S Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 01/06/15
I was a bowtech guy for yrs. Last yr decided I neeeded a new bow I'm a lefty so hard to find bows to shoot. Looked at rpm 360 almost bought one but heard they were not meeting their ibo speeds. Then looked at the new pse speed now then read about its rough draw cycle, vibrates in the hand etc and 5 plus in ch brace height was a big turn off. Read about obsession I said screw it and bought evolution and holy [bleep] the draw cycle on it is butter smooth has great valley. You can keep your Hoyt's, bowtech, pse etc.
Posted By: centershot Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 01/06/15
Looks like they went all out on the Reaper! What does that one run? They really need someone to win some big shoots with that bow. Would be interesting to see if it would catch fire or not. Shoot thru, Martin X type cables w/ cable guards(?) interesting.
$1449 for the Reaper
Originally Posted by laker
Man I wish there was a dealer closer than 9 hours away. I would like to check one out. In the market for a new bow this year.

The Obsessions wont disappoint
Posted By: FishN4Eyes Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 01/08/15

So if a guy was interested in an Obsession bow but there wasn't a dealer close can you hook a fella up and do the bow set up and all that jazz?

Just curious, looking for new bow.

I have a Mathews ZXT that I like but looking for another so I have a back up bow.
Your back-up bow should be the exact same set-up as your primary bow. I am sure some here will disagree. Unless you put just as much time into practicing with the back-up bow.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 01/09/15
The backup to my compound is a longbow, or visa versa, depending on the day. I can see the logic in having identical equipment though.
I shoot compound fingers, release, and a long bow. But I also practice with all three a lot.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 01/09/15
My primary bow is a Heli-m and my back up is an Outback both set up identically
Posted By: 280Ackleyrized Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 01/09/15
Originally Posted by FishN4Eyes

So if a guy was interested in an Obsession bow but there wasn't a dealer close can you hook a fella up and do the bow set up and all that jazz?

Just curious, looking for new bow.

I have a Mathews ZXT that I like but looking for another so I have a back up bow.

Yes sir. Several members here can vouch for my set up/tuning work. PM me if you have any specific questions or concerns.
Posted By: nieko Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 02/08/15
280Ack when will the fusion 6 be available? I think I would like to try an obsession
Posted By: 280Ackleyrized Re: Obsession Bows 2015 - 02/09/15
Fusion 6 is available for order now. But be aware, these are "custom bows". Each one built to order. There is a wait period involved. Right now expect 4 weeks minimum.
You can visit our website at
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
for more information. Unlike other manufacturers there is NO up charge for color options.
© 24hourcampfire