Home
Hi yall, I have been gone a while but joined up again today.
Want some opinions and exeperience concerning the 80Gr. TTSX. This bullet shoots awsome out of my new Savage 25-06, and was wanting yalls opinions/experience on using this bullet on whitetail deer. I stumbled accross this load ,going back in my records when I owned a Sendero 25-06, and it is magic. I forget the charge weight, but I know it is a max load of 4064, according to the Speer manual(I thank) for a 75Gr. Hollow point. I remember that I was getting 3700fps out of my Sendero, with the 75Gr. V-max, so I should be getting at least 3500 out of my 22" barrel Savage.

Thanks
HeavyBarrel
It will be hell on deer. Wouldn't be my personal choice for long distance shooting on deer, a heavier bullet will serve you better at longer ranges, but it won't have any trouble killing them.
I believe Hondo64d has used them quite satisfactorily from a 257 Weatherby.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._Bullet_options_for_the_257_#Post3769507
Posted By: bgold Re: 80Gr. Barnes TTSX in a 25-06 - 10/08/10
They ain't gonna bounce off....
I have only shot one game animal with the 80 grain Tipped TSX from my 25-06, but it worked great.

Earlier this fall I shot an antelope in New Mexico with the 80 grain Tipped TSX at about 300 yards. I shot the buck right on the point of the shoulder and he never even kicked. He was dead when he hit the ground and never moved.

The bullet performance was great with a small entrance and exit hole, but massive damage inside.

My load is with IMR 4831 and exits the muzzle of my 24 inch barrel at 3600 fps.

I saw exactly the same type of performance last fall when my dad shot an antelope buck at 586 yards using the 80 grain Tipped TSX in his .257 Wby Mag. Same thing, that buck did not even kick, just dropped in his tracks.

Originally Posted by mathman
I believe Hondo64d has used them quite satisfactorily from a 257 Weatherby.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._Bullet_options_for_the_257_#Post3769507

Yep, with a relatively mild load pushing them a little over 3700. I've killed a pronghorn, my biggest whitetail buck, a wild pig and a Whitetail doe with one, and a buddy of mine used my rifle to take his pronghorn. The farthest anything moved after the shot was the WT buck. I hit him square in the chest as he was facing me at a bit over 100 yards. He ran 30 yards max. Everything else stopped where he was when the bullet hit him.

John

My Biggest Whitetail
© 24hourcampfire