Home
Posted By: Ebby Nebraska deer lease - 07/29/23
I've got a lease in northwest NE near Crawford that I was looking to find some hunters for. It's in the Pine Ridge. Beautiful country. Just under 2000 acres. Loaded with deer. Both mule deer and whitetail. Has elk on it as well but you can't get a tag. However, if you had an elk tag you could fill it here. You can have 5 people on this lease. I can send all available maps and details to any interested parties. Looking at right at $5/acre.

PM me or email for more information
[email protected]
Posted By: gunnut308 Re: Nebraska deer lease - 07/29/23
Screw the deer, let’s talk about gobblers 😃
Posted By: TonyRumore Re: Nebraska deer lease - 07/29/23
Originally Posted by Ebby
Looking at right at $5/acre.

PM me or email for more information
[email protected]

Does that mean $10,000 for each of the five guys for one year? Or $2,000 per guy, per year?

What if you just want one acre?

The way you priced it seems a bit odd.

Tony
Posted By: remingtonman Re: Nebraska deer lease - 07/29/23
Comes out to $2k per hunter for a total of five guys. Not a bad deal.
Posted By: Coyote10 Re: Nebraska deer lease - 07/29/23
They need 10 grand for the lease. 5 per acre is the value.
Good deal in my opinion
Posted By: redleg733 Re: Nebraska deer lease - 07/30/23
PM sent
Posted By: Westman Re: Nebraska deer lease - 07/30/23
Private ground in that area would be the ticket.

I've hunted public up there and it's an exercise in frustration....
Posted By: smithrjd Re: Nebraska deer lease - 07/30/23
BIL was the district ranger there, hunting many times on the public land. always got my tags filled. Great hunting area. He did however know where to go.
Posted By: Rteric Re: Nebraska deer lease - 07/30/23
Seems pretty reasonable for this day and age if it isn’t mostly cattle pasture. Someone commented on turkey’s, I may be wrong but I think that is merriams country up there.
Posted By: RatherBHuntin Re: Nebraska deer lease - 07/30/23
Wish I had a group to lease this. It sounds like a reasonable deal.
Posted By: BamaCKC Re: Nebraska deer lease - 07/30/23
Originally Posted by gunnut308
Screw the deer, let’s talk about gobblers 😃

This guy gets it!
Posted By: Ebby Re: Nebraska deer lease - 07/30/23
Turkeys all over it. I got the lease last year during turkey season but they had sold out of tags. A couple of buddies went out and hunted birds. They raved about it. Circumstances with the draws and a couple other things this fall are going to prevent me from using it.

I hunted public out there for deer a few years ago. My buddies killed a 150” whitetail and 125” Mule deer and I killed a 168” Mule deer. We saw lots of big deer both MD and WT on private ground and vowed to go back when we had some good private. I got this place and now can’t use it.

Total price is $10k for 5 guys, so $2k each. I’m not making any money off this. I listed the price per acre just to show that it’s fairly reasonable. I’m used to $35-75/acre in the areas I hunt otherwise.

Lee
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: Nebraska deer lease - 07/30/23
So this is a one time deal or will there be a chance to continue leasing the property?
Posted By: SKane Re: Nebraska deer lease - 07/30/23
Lee is good peeps, fellas.

If someone is looking to add to their group, I might have an interest.
Posted By: Ebby Re: Nebraska deer lease - 07/30/23
I have rights going forward. It can be renewed. We can work out details. I may want to be involved in future years. I may end up taking it back over but those details aren't set in stone. I do have the option to keep it though so there is a possibly of hunting again.

I feel like I've responded to all the pm's and sent more info via email to everyone. If you haven't heard from me or need more info, hit me up.

Lee
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: Nebraska deer lease - 07/30/23
Thanks!
Posted By: JWL3 Re: Nebraska deer lease - 07/30/23
Seems extremely fair. I can’t lease clearcut dirt in AL for $5/ac.
Posted By: scottf270 Re: Nebraska deer lease - 07/30/23
The lease may interest me next year, but I gotta ask about the sheep. Where? Who with?
Posted By: FSJeeper Re: Nebraska deer lease - 07/30/23
Originally Posted by Coyote10
They need 10 grand for the lease. 5 per acre is the value.
Good deal in my opinion

Zero doubt, a bargain.
Posted By: stevevan1 Re: Nebraska deer lease - 07/30/23
Sounds like a great deal. Wish I could find 4 other interested hunters to make up a group of five. I'd be all in if given the opportunity.
Posted By: Coyote10 Re: Nebraska deer lease - 07/30/23
Can a nonresident get a mule deer tag. Can it just be 2 people?
Posted By: Ebby Re: Nebraska deer lease - 07/31/23
Originally Posted by scottf270
The lease may interest me next year, but I gotta ask about the sheep. Where? Who with?

Sheep was several years ago in the NWT. Fun hunt. I posted the story on the Fire way back when. Ha. Thanks

It can be as many people as you want up to 5. Price is still the same though. $10k total no matter how many people up to 5. 1-4 people can take it and just pay more per person.

As far as tags, that part of NE was always OTC for either species and you could buy 2 tags. They have made some changes recently and now they do a Statewide tag and a Unit specific tag but I've not looked into it any more than that. You will need to research that yourself.

Lee
Posted By: SKane Re: Nebraska deer lease - 07/31/23
Bump.
I've had a couple of people like Scott mention they'd be interested in one spot. I wasn't really interested in trying to put together a group myself but if anyone wants to try and do that, I'm happy to pass along some names to anyone.
Posted By: mjac Re: Nebraska deer lease - 07/31/23
A long shot but I have interest from faraway. Email sent.
Posted By: Jeffpg Re: Nebraska deer lease - 07/31/23
I am extremely interested and in contact with Lee on this opportunity. If you are a serious contender with integrity feel free to contact me about teaming up.

Jeff
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Nebraska deer lease - 07/31/23
Originally Posted by Ebby

It can be as many people as you want up to 5. Price is still the same though. $10k total no matter how many people up to 5. 1-4 people can take it and just pay more per person.

As far as tags, that part of NE was always OTC for either species and you could buy 2 tags. They have made some changes recently and now they do a Statewide tag and a Unit specific tag but I've not looked into it any more than that. You will need to research that yourself.

Lee

Lots of changes.

http://digital.outdoornebraska.gov/i/1499706-big-game-guide-2023-web/0?
Posted By: Ubet Re: Nebraska deer lease - 08/01/23
Posted By: Coyote10 Re: Nebraska deer lease - 08/01/23
Originally Posted by Ubet
supporting this pay to hunt is the beginning of the end of hunting...starve the land barons out of this kind of conduct......they should pay people to remove excess wildlife creating problems with crop damage.......just buy the $5.00 acre that has all the game if you must fall into this pit.................

Do you even own property? Ever had to make about 25 or 30 thousand bucks worth of land payments plus property tax? Then get screwed over continuously by Biden and Obama with fuel and gain/beef markets? If you do ranch then you probably know better. The good old days are over.
Posted By: Coyote10 Re: Nebraska deer lease - 08/01/23
To add, go on an out of state public do it yourself and you'll find out this deal is cheap.
Posted By: redleg733 Re: Nebraska deer lease - 08/01/23
Non-residents can get mule deer tags here in Nebraska, but for the Pine Ridge area they are not an OTC buy. There is a preference point system and a draw (same for resident mule deer tags in this specific area of the state). I'm not sure how many points it takes to get a tag but I think the game and parks webpage lists that dats for the last 4 or 5 years. Nebraska did make some big changes this year to the way non-resident deer tags are handled. I'm not well versed in the new regs, as it doesn't affect me, but I think basically there is now a cap on the percentage of tags that can be sold to non-residents. Pretty similar to how a lot of "western" states do it. The application period and drawing for the mule deer tags is closed. Whitetail tags for this area are an OTC buy for residents and non-residents, but there is a quota of permits.
Posted By: Ebby Re: Nebraska deer lease - 08/01/23
Originally Posted by redleg733
Non-residents can get mule deer tags here in Nebraska, but for the Pine Ridge area they are not an OTC buy. There is a preference point system and a draw (same for resident mule deer tags in this specific area of the state). I'm not sure how many points it takes to get a tag but I think the game and parks webpage lists that dats for the last 4 or 5 years. Nebraska did make some big changes this year to the way non-resident deer tags are handled. I'm not well versed in the new regs, as it doesn't affect me, but I think basically there is now a cap on the percentage of tags that can be sold to non-residents. Pretty similar to how a lot of "western" states do it. The application period and drawing for the mule deer tags is closed. Whitetail tags for this area are an OTC buy for residents and non-residents, but there is a quota of permits.

Thanks for the help there. I had previously hunted this area and it was OTC for either species. I knew they had made some changes but I wasn't sure on the details. Looks like you won't be able to get a Mule Deer tag this year unless you already have one. You can hunt whitetails though it sounds like.

Lee
Posted By: Huntz Re: Nebraska deer lease - 08/01/23
>
Posted By: rusty25 Re: Nebraska deer lease - 08/05/23
So, looks like whitetails and predators as a nonresident at this point unless you already have a mule deer tag?
Posted By: Ebby Re: Nebraska deer lease - 08/05/23
Yep. If you have a mule deer tag, antelope tag or elk tag, you can hunt those on this property. If you are a non resident and you haven't bought any tags yet, you can get whitetail and small game/predators tags OTC still.

Tons of pm's and interest but no definite takers yet. Let me know if you have any questions.

Lee
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Nebraska deer lease - 08/06/23
Originally Posted by redleg733

Not in the pine ridge area. Draw. Pg.10 in the big game guide linked above.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: redleg733 Re: Nebraska deer lease - 08/06/23
Swifty,

I could be wrong on this, as I've never hunted the Pine Ridge unit. (I have, in the past, got both Whitetail tags and Mule deer tags in the Platte unit thought. I believe it and the Pine Ridge unit operate the same) But I believe what you posted is only for a mule deer tag. That's why is says "Pine Ridge MDCA". I'm pretty sure if hunting in the pine ridge unit, and wanting to shoot a mule deer, you have to apply for a Pine Ridge MDCA tag. If you want to hunt in the pine ridge unit, and only want to hunt Whitetail deer, you buy a Pine Ridge WT tag. Only the three MDCA units listed on the screen shot you shared are draw units. Mule deer tags in the other two MDCA units as well as all Whitetail tags are an OTC buy. If you look on page 12 of the Big Game Guide, you can see where it lists "Pine Ridge WT" with a tag allocation of 1000 for this year. I'm trying to post a screen shot, but it's not wanting to work correctly. Page 15 of the guide shows the mule deer tag numbers and the percent that can go to non-residents.

Adam
Posted By: rusty25 Re: Nebraska deer lease - 08/09/23
Tempting...
Posted By: Ebby Re: Nebraska deer lease - 08/23/23
Back up top.

This lease has been "claimed" a few times but life happens and it's currently still available. I've spoken to, texted with and emailed dozens of people. Lots of interest, no takers.

I've had a lot of people reach out about taking one individual spot. I wasn't really wanting to do individual spots but I'm open to it now and will start reaching out to people who have contacted me. If you want info or think you'd be interested in one spot, let me know. Thanks

Lee
Posted By: texasbatman Re: Nebraska deer lease - 08/24/23
Originally Posted by Ubet
supporting this pay to hunt is the beginning of the end of hunting...starve the land barons out of this kind of conduct......they should pay people to remove excess wildlife creating problems with crop damage.......just buy the $5.00 acre that has all the game if you must fall into this pit.................

Do you even own property? Ever had to make about 25 or 30 thousand bucks worth of land payments plus property tax? Then get screwed over continuously by Biden and Obama with fuel and gain/beef markets? If you do ranch then you probably know better. The good old days are over.

He doesn't own land. They have to pay lot rental at the trailer park.

Jim

PS: Ebby, your prices are fair. Good luck with the lease.

Jim
© 24hourcampfire