Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Can a nonresident get a mule deer tag. Can it just be 2 people?

GB1

Ebby Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by scottf270
The lease may interest me next year, but I gotta ask about the sheep. Where? Who with?

Sheep was several years ago in the NWT. Fun hunt. I posted the story on the Fire way back when. Ha. Thanks

Ebby Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Coyote10

It can be as many people as you want up to 5. Price is still the same though. $10k total no matter how many people up to 5. 1-4 people can take it and just pay more per person.

As far as tags, that part of NE was always OTC for either species and you could buy 2 tags. They have made some changes recently and now they do a Statewide tag and a Unit specific tag but I've not looked into it any more than that. You will need to research that yourself.

Lee

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bump.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Ebby Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I've had a couple of people like Scott mention they'd be interested in one spot. I wasn't really interested in trying to put together a group myself but if anyone wants to try and do that, I'm happy to pass along some names to anyone.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
A long shot but I have interest from faraway. Email sent.

"My two most favorite people are Navy Corpsmen and Marine medivac helicopter pilots" - MEJ 0311 1967.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am extremely interested and in contact with Lee on this opportunity. If you are a serious contender with integrity feel free to contact me about teaming up.

Jeff

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ebby
Originally Posted by Coyote10

It can be as many people as you want up to 5. Price is still the same though. $10k total no matter how many people up to 5. 1-4 people can take it and just pay more per person.

As far as tags, that part of NE was always OTC for either species and you could buy 2 tags. They have made some changes recently and now they do a Statewide tag and a Unit specific tag but I've not looked into it any more than that. You will need to research that yourself.

Lee

Lots of changes.

http://digital.outdoornebraska.gov/i/1499706-big-game-guide-2023-web/0?

Swifty
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U

Last edited by Ubet; 07/31/23.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Ubet
supporting this pay to hunt is the beginning of the end of hunting...starve the land barons out of this kind of conduct......they should pay people to remove excess wildlife creating problems with crop damage.......just buy the $5.00 acre that has all the game if you must fall into this pit.................

Do you even own property? Ever had to make about 25 or 30 thousand bucks worth of land payments plus property tax? Then get screwed over continuously by Biden and Obama with fuel and gain/beef markets? If you do ranch then you probably know better. The good old days are over.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
To add, go on an out of state public do it yourself and you'll find out this deal is cheap.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Non-residents can get mule deer tags here in Nebraska, but for the Pine Ridge area they are not an OTC buy. There is a preference point system and a draw (same for resident mule deer tags in this specific area of the state). I'm not sure how many points it takes to get a tag but I think the game and parks webpage lists that dats for the last 4 or 5 years. Nebraska did make some big changes this year to the way non-resident deer tags are handled. I'm not well versed in the new regs, as it doesn't affect me, but I think basically there is now a cap on the percentage of tags that can be sold to non-residents. Pretty similar to how a lot of "western" states do it. The application period and drawing for the mule deer tags is closed. Whitetail tags for this area are an OTC buy for residents and non-residents, but there is a quota of permits.

Ebby Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by redleg733
Non-residents can get mule deer tags here in Nebraska, but for the Pine Ridge area they are not an OTC buy. There is a preference point system and a draw (same for resident mule deer tags in this specific area of the state). I'm not sure how many points it takes to get a tag but I think the game and parks webpage lists that dats for the last 4 or 5 years. Nebraska did make some big changes this year to the way non-resident deer tags are handled. I'm not well versed in the new regs, as it doesn't affect me, but I think basically there is now a cap on the percentage of tags that can be sold to non-residents. Pretty similar to how a lot of "western" states do it. The application period and drawing for the mule deer tags is closed. Whitetail tags for this area are an OTC buy for residents and non-residents, but there is a quota of permits.

Thanks for the help there. I had previously hunted this area and it was OTC for either species. I knew they had made some changes but I wasn't sure on the details. Looks like you won't be able to get a Mule Deer tag this year unless you already have one. You can hunt whitetails though it sounds like.

Lee

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
>

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
So, looks like whitetails and predators as a nonresident at this point unless you already have a mule deer tag?

Ebby Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Yep. If you have a mule deer tag, antelope tag or elk tag, you can hunt those on this property. If you are a non resident and you haven't bought any tags yet, you can get whitetail and small game/predators tags OTC still.

Tons of pm's and interest but no definite takers yet. Let me know if you have any questions.

Lee

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by redleg733

Not in the pine ridge area. Draw. Pg.10 in the big game guide linked above.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Swifty
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Swifty,

I could be wrong on this, as I've never hunted the Pine Ridge unit. (I have, in the past, got both Whitetail tags and Mule deer tags in the Platte unit thought. I believe it and the Pine Ridge unit operate the same) But I believe what you posted is only for a mule deer tag. That's why is says "Pine Ridge MDCA". I'm pretty sure if hunting in the pine ridge unit, and wanting to shoot a mule deer, you have to apply for a Pine Ridge MDCA tag. If you want to hunt in the pine ridge unit, and only want to hunt Whitetail deer, you buy a Pine Ridge WT tag. Only the three MDCA units listed on the screen shot you shared are draw units. Mule deer tags in the other two MDCA units as well as all Whitetail tags are an OTC buy. If you look on page 12 of the Big Game Guide, you can see where it lists "Pine Ridge WT" with a tag allocation of 1000 for this year. I'm trying to post a screen shot, but it's not wanting to work correctly. Page 15 of the guide shows the mule deer tag numbers and the percent that can go to non-residents.

Adam

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Tempting...

Ebby Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Back up top.

This lease has been "claimed" a few times but life happens and it's currently still available. I've spoken to, texted with and emailed dozens of people. Lots of interest, no takers.

I've had a lot of people reach out about taking one individual spot. I wasn't really wanting to do individual spots but I'm open to it now and will start reaching out to people who have contacted me. If you want info or think you'd be interested in one spot, let me know. Thanks

Lee

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 35, 44mc, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 7887mm08, 9 invisible), 1,545 guests, and 925 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,996
Posts18,481,156
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.