Home
We all got to scratch a living and eat I recken.

But it's perfectly OK to laugh my ass off at those that are paying your prices..

Must be their first rodeo.

In the words of another member, GFY smile
And what exactly do you think someone who wants to sell an ARor AK do?
post it for $600, sell it to the first taker who then turns around and sells it for double.
I mean really.rifle that I dont want anymore and I want to sell it how should I price it to avoid being caled a scalper by the likes of you?
Ha you two have a lot more posts than me but their are a lot of people that happen to not need their AR anymore.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhd5-TuSU7A
It's simple, if it is priced right it will sell, if not it won't. So who determines what scalping is. I do laugh at some of the prices listed though. But maybe the person who bought it at what I thought was to much is laughing at me.
dont laugh. Just had a buddy today sell a century bullpup AK for $1200.
Guy asked how much he wanted, he said $1200 and the guy rip off a dozen bennies.
DONE.
And any of you soul searching, holier thanous who wouldnt have taken the 12 and skipped away like a schol girl in a new dress are FOS as a christmas turkey
The market sets the price . . . the seller doesn't
It never really concerns me what another man profits in his dealings...as long as the seller accurately represents the item and delivers as agreed upon it's a fair deal in my book.
The only price you ever control is the buy price you pay, the market sets the sell price, anything else is simply conjecture.
I get a kick out of guys on here that think they should tell folks what to price your stuff at. They will even go as far as make thier little remarks on your thread like wow I can't beleive that but good luck with your sale I wouldn't pay that but maybe someone else will. IF YOU DON"T LIKE SOMEONES PRICE MOVE ON!!! If it's priced to high no one will pay it.
Originally Posted by GeoW

But it's perfectly OK to laugh my ass off at those that are paying your prices..

+1

And I do.
Originally Posted by Onpoint
I get a kick out of guys on here that think they should tell folks what to price your stuff at. They will even go as far as make thier little remarks on your thread like wow I can't beleive that but good luck with your sale I wouldn't pay that but maybe someone else will. IF YOU DON"T LIKE SOMEONES PRICE MOVE ON!!! If it's priced to high no one will pay it.

+1 double yep
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
The market sets the price . . . the seller doesn't

Exactly. Don't know too many here that would scoff at someone selling gold at the current rate but you sell an AR, mag, ammo, etc. at a price higher that you paid a year ago and you're suddenly a price-gouger.

Personally, I think it's smart to put your $$ into items that might be worth something down the road vs. letting it ride in the stock market, CD, etc. If the dollar takes a dive, you won't have jack!!
The day after the HNIC got re-elected I bought about 10K worth of specialized inventory, I guessed right, even though I didn't know what was gonna happen in Conneticut. Why people wanna hate is beyond me. It's just like the stock market, some people win and some people lose.
I was at a small local store tody and watched as a few dozon folks willingly and thankfully forked over $1.00 per round for cheap, off brand, remanufactured 223 ammo.
They came to the store, the store didn't come to them.

Funny part is that the store owner finally had a chance to get rid of all the stuff he had personally hoarded when he paniced over Y2K. Now if we could just have a year long grid failure he could get rid of all the gen sets stored in the bunker at his place, across the lake from the nuke plant.
If both parties are happy with the price--- it's a good deal for all

BINGO!!
I think this all goes back to the old adage that an item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. In this case, in the current political turmoil this country is facing, it just happens to be that the market has decided that AR's and the like are worth a lot more than they were a few months ago. Don't crap on people for selling their items at the top of the market value...no different than any other type of speculation selling, such as land speculation.
the ones I laugh at are the ones
giving theirs up for a $50.00
food card
I buy steak at the market price all the time. I don't like the market price, but I pay it when I want a steak.

^^^^^^^^^^^LIBERAL^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

DONT WORRY,,, GOVERMENT WILL BE PRICING GUNS SOO ENOUGH, SO YOU WANT HAVE TO WORK ABOUT PEOPLES PRICES. THATS A FACT JACK,,,HEY! (SI ROBERTSON)
i think i'll try to sell my 204 upper

it's not the evil 223
At least I now have a better understanding of the housing price crash. Laughing at those folks too.
Yeah, I'm laughing at the buyers, not the sellers... the reason I wondered if it was the buyers first rodeo smile

Maybe those selling are recouping the losses they suffered from the last scare. It will repeat, prices go low, prices go high and those having purchased at scalper prices will be wishing for a kiss to accompany the screwing they got smile
Buy low, sell high. I lost a small fortune doing this in the stock market thanks to Bill Clinton.
not as if somone is holding a gun to their head "Wyatt Earp"
The housing price crash was nothing but too much easy (free) money to people who never had nor would they ever have the means to repay the debt.

Hurt a damn lot of people, some more than others.

I'm just laughing at those who are taking the bait now with the black rifles, etc. not the sellers.. I may move a few of mine..but I doubt it.
Yep, idiots. Houses priced to extreme levels, I have no pity.
So those of us who have an AR 15 that we don't want anymore should do what.......................
A. NOT put it up for sale
B. Sell it for $500
C. Give it away
As many have already told you,"IF YOU DONT LIKE THE PRICE JUST MOVE ON". IT REALLY IS AN EASY CONCEPT TO GRASP. It will also save you from pulling your hair out over someone elses transaction. Or maybe you are just mad because you dont have an AR of your own to sell.
How many times does he have to say that he thinks the BUYERS at inflated prices are the ones to laugh at?
It's a comprehension thing,

a : the act or action of grasping with the intellect : understanding. smile
I got 30,000 rounds of Wolf 223 that I will sell for the right price,I paid 7.8 cents a round in 1997
I hope you are right and the buyers are idiots. However, there was a lot of that sentiment when gold went to $1400.

Don't forget, not only did this country elect Obama, they re-elected him. If you think a different sort of AWB than 94 isn't at least a possibility, I think you might be over confident.
it is what it is , nothing more nothing less

it is worth what you can get out of it , in the world of sales and the declining value of cash

Originally Posted by nsaqam

+1

And I do.

+2. Me too....
How many times does he have to say that he thinks the BUYERS at inflated prices are the ones to laugh at?

K, its the [bleep] idiots (the poster you were replying to) like that he's talking about. No fn comprehension. Just plain stupid....
With credit going to WinModel70 who originally posted this up in Hunter's Campfire, I don't think anybody here can pass this guy for sheer chutzpah.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAGPUL-PMAG..._DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6b345d9a
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
With credit going to WinModel70 who originally posted this up in Hunter's Campfire, I don't think anybody here can pass this guy for sheer chutzpah.

Saw that.

TFF!!!
Originally Posted by TBREW401
If both parties are happy with the price--- it's a good deal for all

Actually, it's the other way around. Fairest deal is when both sides are pissed. One paid too much, the other didn't get exactly what he wanted.....
soooooo if they stop the mfg of 4 wheel drive trucks because the people in smart cars are afraid of them, what will your truck be worth??????
Originally Posted by sharpshooterbr
I think this all goes back to the old adage that an item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

+1 That goes for buyers and sellers.
Originally Posted by gemby58
I got 30,000 rounds of Wolf 223 that I will sell for the right price,I paid 7.8 cents a round in 1997

We can't help you overpaid...but you have our simpethy. wink

In the words of another member, GFYsmile

+1

And I do.

+3 anyone have a problem with that? Refer to the last three letters in bold above.
Hell I sold my AR 'cause I was bored with it a month ago for 1k. I thought I did pretty damn good.
Originally Posted by reloading_rich
So those of us who have an AR 15 that we don't want anymore should do what.......................
B. Sell it for $500
C. Give it away
As many have already told you,"IF YOU DONT LIKE THE PRICE JUST MOVE ON". IT REALLY IS AN EASY CONCEPT TO GRASP. It will also save you from pulling your hair out over someone elses transaction. Or maybe you are just mad because you dont have an AR of your own to sell.

JFC
It's a comprehension thing,

a : the act or action of grasping with the intellect : understanding. smile

I get it. So...that Stainless Winchester Classic in 375 H&H that I passed up in the late 90's at $578 NIB is still only worth what...$578 ?

I don't laugh when someone buys at inflated prices. For instance, I just don't see where a Jerrett rifle is worth $8k, or a McWhorter is worth $5k. It's not my buisness what another man pays for is toys.

I only laugh, when one pays inflated prices, and then latter has a difficult time reselling it and posts..."Are my prices out of line?"

I always want to say, "Do you think?" But I don't post such a reply, why be an a$$?
You mean sympathy.
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

I know tried to sell it on here 6 months ago for 20 cents around no bites
Yahs. wink
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

I know tried to sell it on here 6 months ago for 15 cents around no bites

Hard crowd sometimes.
I want this one! grin

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=323412078

or this one!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=323566425
I'd be willing to say, even thou I have evidence. But........... I think all the folks throwing a fit about someone selling an "overpriced" or gouging in some morons words, (which we will get to the appropriate meaning of gouging) , That they don't have an extra AR or 3 to put up to get in on the market. Basically, just being cry baby b!tches. Like the kid who got the smaller scoop of ice cream. WHAAA!!!
So stop being haters. What is wrong if a guy buys some penny stocks, and them [bleep] end up splitting??? You know, good move on his part. Now he can buy some AR's. LOL.
Back to gouging, price gouging to be specific, is not selling a [bleep] AR at a mad price jacka$$. Price gouging is selling essential items at an inflated price, non-market price, IE,,,, FOOD, WATER, GAS. NOT AR'S!! If the shelves are bare of AR's, well, this is a free market. And if Joe Blow puts up an price, at triple the MSRP.... Tom buys it at that price... free market. And it is a non-essential item. So, it is NOT price gouging.
Cry Babies. Can't help it if your life is so [bleep] that you can't buy an AR, and all you do is sit on your fat a$$ talking trash on open forums. "OH, look at me I have a high post count"

crazy

I smell some ghost bids.......[bleep] bidding on any of that schit..

FYI if you're going to try to sell 30 round magazines on Ebay put a "buy it now" price on it because they will catch you selling them before the auction is over and cancel your auction - trust me I know!
Wow! There sure are a ton of them on there!! I bet they are getting overwhelmed with all the hi-capacity adds. Keeping there little ebay cops busy.

Originally Posted by reelman

FYI if you're going to try to sell 30 round magazines on Ebay put a "buy it now" price on it because they will catch you selling them before the auction is over and cancel your auction - trust me I know!
Originally Posted by shumate
Wow! There sure are a ton of them on there!! I bet they are getting overwhelmed with all the hi-capacity adds. Keeping there little ebay cops busy.

Originally Posted by reelman

Sportsman's Warehouse online store has them in stock for $20. Limit two per customer.
[quote=shumate] Price gouging is selling essential items at an inflated price, non-market price, IE,,,, FOOD, WATER, GAS. [quote]

Good perspective.
I'd be willing to say, even thou I have evidence. But........... I think all the folks throwing a fit about someone selling an "overpriced" or gouging in some morons words, (which we will get to the appropriate meaning of gouging) , That they don't have an extra AR or 3 to put up to get in on the market. Basically, just being cry baby b!tches. Like the kid who got the smaller scoop of ice cream. WHAAA!!!
So stop being haters. What is wrong if a guy buys some penny stocks, and them [bleep] end up splitting??? You know, good move on his part. Now he can buy some AR's. LOL.
Back to gouging, price gouging to be specific, is not selling a [bleep] AR at a mad price jacka$$. Price gouging is selling essential items at an inflated price, non-market price, IE,,,, FOOD, WATER, GAS. NOT AR'S!! If the shelves are bare of AR's, well, this is a free market. And if Joe Blow puts up an price, at triple the MSRP.... Tom buys it at that price... free market. And it is a non-essential item. So, it is NOT price gouging.
Cry Babies. Can't help it if your life is so [bleep] that you can't buy an AR, and all you do is sit on your fat a$$ talking trash on open forums. "OH, look at me I have a high post count"

Hey Einstein. The thread is not about price gouging as I don't give a [bleep] what they sell for.
I have my quota.
It is about dumb asses, not unlike yourself, ignorant enough to pay the jacked up prices. Capisci confused
I wasn't talking to you d!ck head.
Sorry for using too many ideologies, and confusing you. Next time I'll get some crayons and draw you a picture.
And don't you need to go rest your little troll eyes, or dust your dragon figurines?

Hey Einstein. The thread is not about price gouging as I don't give a [bleep] what they sell for.
I have my quota.
It is about dumb asses, not unlike yourself, ignorant enough to pay the jacked up prices. Capisci confused
GeoW or whatever the [bleep] his name is, is just trying to stir the pot. Who really gives a flying [bleep] about what "he" claims to think when the title of his post says one thing and then he rambles on about some bullshit opinion???
Alright, GeoW.... I dug up some crayons. You.... Are... A.... DickHead.
[Linked Image]
Sorry for using too many ideologies, and confusing you. Next time I'll get some crayons and draw you a picture.
And don't you need to go rest your little troll eyes, or dust your dragon figurines?

I have my quota.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
At least I now have a better understanding of the housing price crash. Laughing at those folks too.

I was laughing when it first happened, as I saw it coming plain as day. But, with all of the foreclosures, and govt bail outs, it is no longer as funny, since we are the ones ultimately paying for others stupidity.
No whining on the weekend!
Shumate,I agree with you 100%,all these cry babies are pi$$ed because they don't have a spare to sell and make a profit,so they bad mouth everyone that does...Whiners.....
The housing price crash was nothing but too much easy (free) money to people who never had nor would they ever have the means to repay the debt.

I'm just laughing at those who are taking the bait now with the black rifles, etc. not the sellers.. I may move a few of mine..but I doubt it.

No. you are insulting anyone who decides that they would rather sell a hunk of plastic an aluminum for some blued steel and wood of fine origin.
You call anyone who sells a black rifle for a profit a scalper?
Thats insulting.
Perhaps I decided I would rather have a pre64 featherweight 7x57. I have a $700 AR-15 that I can sell for enough boot to buy that winchester. So I am a scalper?
And why exactlyis it that your version of the future is right and someone elses is wrong. What makes you right?
Very well could be that an executive orer comes down banning these forever and the guy who paid $1000 for a Mini-14 today sells in next month for $3000. So your "scalper" loses the $2K he could have made by waiting and your "idiot" better than doubles up on his crazy panic driven purchase.
But the point is you dont know and I dont know. But you seem to want to force your interpretation of future events into an insulting scenario.
GFY.
You aint edgar kasey.
Supply and demand is a good thing. It's been the American system. Learn how to use it and all is well. But, don't put someone else down who is learning the system. (Ringworm, this post got marked as a response to you. Sorry, it's just a general comment).
Originally Posted by ringworm

No. you are insulting anyone who decides that they would rather sell a hunk of plastic an aluminum for some blued steel and wood of fine origin.
You call anyone who sells a black rifle for a profit a scalper?
Thats insulting.
Perhaps I decided I would rather have a pre64 featherweight 7x57. I have a $700 AR-15 that I can sell for enough boot to buy that winchester. So I am a scalper?
GFY!

GEOW is a pretty shape guy. Tries to pull a media move and spin the story in his favor. The fact that he posted this post at all makes you wonder who GOEW has the problem with. The problem is if everyone bought high and sold low we would really be in a recession. I have been saying this as much as I can that everyone on here loves to mess around with rifles and stuff. Most of us don't make enough with our regular job to have the money to play so we buy, sell and trade. I don't have any problem with a guy posting anything hw wants at the price he wants. Believe me I chuckle at some of the prices but never do I post BS on someones post about the posted product or price. We have to many guys on here doing that. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRICE OR PRODUCT MOVE ON!!!
this whole feeding frenzy is one of the more amusing events i've seen here.

and who wrote the rule 'IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRICE OR PRODUCT MOVE ON!!!'.? sorry, but you don't get it. we can say pretty much what we want here
Funny to me that nearly all the people taking GeoW to task are only here at the Campfire to use the classified forum as their own personal marketplace with NO contribution to Rick or to the Campfire populace in general.
[bleep] has EVERY ONE of his "contributions" in the classified forum!
So GeoW, you seem to have touched a nerve among the classifieds cowboys and they don't like their free profit center threatened in any way.
Good for you GeoW!
Originally Posted by toad

and who wrote the rule 'IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRICE OR PRODUCT MOVE ON!!!'.? sorry, but you don't get it. we can say pretty much what we want here

That's the problem with guys like you you think you can sit at your key board and say what you want. Go a head and post something I will piss on everyone of your posts and see how that works for ya!!!! Show some respect to others if you expect it back!!!
The "AR Occupier Bitches" either want one or wish they had one to sell to get something else.....

pretty simple

That's the problem with guys like you you think you can sit at your key board and say what you want. Go a head and post something I will piss on everyone of your posts and see how that works for ya!!!! Show some respect to others if you expect it back!!!

No you won't because you NEVER leave the classified forum!

Classified Cowboys never cease to amaze me.
Onpoint is an even more prolific Classified Cowboy.

And not just at the Campfire either huh Del Prater?

TFF!!
Funny to me that nearly all the people taking GeoW to task are only here at the Campfire to use the classified forum as their own personal marketplace with NO contribution to Rick or to the Campfire populace in general.
So GeoW, you seem to have touched a nerve among the classifieds cowboys and they don't like their free profit center threatened in any way.
Good for you GeoW!

I have to take you to task. It is funny that anyone who post only in the classifieds. Don't help this site at all. I can tell you that the classifieds are what bring 60 to 75% of the traffic to this site. You see the advertising to the right and above this. They pay to put there products here because of the classifieds. So don't think your knowledge in the hunting and other forums does anymore to contribute to Rick's great forum than someone posting a AR in the classifieds. I love to buy, sell and trade love this site and have made friends in about 10 to 15 states. But the guys who keep saying that because I spend all my time in the classifieds that I don't contribute to the forum need understand that your contribution is not any more than mine. Nsaqum I have done business with you and respect you but I think you are wrong on this
YEP you got it don't spend my life on here though. I think I changed my mind don't even respect you now. WOW 14849 post you are a huge contributor to the forum. GREAT JOB!!!

I guess that makes you a campfire cowboy!!!
Onpoint, you're correct in your assertion that posts in the classified forum drives hits at this site and others and you said it with more grace than I could've mustered. For that, thanks.
Posting anything in the classified forum contributes very little to the knowledge base here however and this knowledge base is what I see as the true value of this and other forums.
Well Del, I still respect the fact that you're a prolific Classified Cowboy netwide.
[bleep], I'm just happy to see more yankees fighting amongst themselves.
YEP never said I wasn't. As I said before I love to buy, sell and trade. I don't need to hear how a guy can shoot 1/2 groups with his 1911 at 100 yards. If I have a question about something I call coldbore or grasshopper or any of the other guys I have met on these sites. I will tell you that I beleive that the classified cowboys contribute as much or more than the campfire cowboys!!!!
Originally Posted by Steelhead
[bleep], I'm just happy to see more yankees fighting amongst themselves.

Hey, I'm an equal opportunity prick if nothing else!
[Linked Image]

I have my quota.

LMAO see that's funny too laugh
[Linked Image]

A puffer such as yourself certainly should know first hand.. I see you're still on your knees shocked
YEP never said I wasn't. As I said before I love to buy, sell and trade. I don't need to hear how a guy can shoot 1/2 groups with his 1911 at 100 yards. If I have a question about something I call coldbore or grasshopper or any of the other guys I have met on these sites. I will tell you that I beleive that the classified cowboys contribute as much or more than the campfire cowboys!!!!

But not a thing to the knowledge base.

Don't you think others may benefit from your gun/shooting related questions and the answers they elicit from knowledgeable people such as ColdBore and Grasshopper?

So, do you feel that the marketplace and hits are the only value of forums such as these?

Sorry, but I don't.
No but all folks add to the total forum. If you didn't have the classified cowboys there would be no campfire cowboys. The problem is you think way to highly of yourself because you have 14853 posts. That tells me that you contribute alot!!! Jumping on guys who only post in the classifieds really is a HUGE contribution to the campfire!!!
A whole lot more huge than the ZERO you and other Classified Cowboys contribute to the knowledge base here.
Get a grip. Very few guys come here for your knowledge base. They come here to look at the classifeds. The fact that you feel the need to bit the hand that feeds your ablity to provide your great knowledge really speaks to your knowledge. We can keep going back and forth all day but I need to get back to taking advantage of guys on here and sell something in the classifieds
This board isn't near as bad as Texas Hunting Forum, and what gets me tickled is the guys posting WTB ads and expecting someone to give them a "deal".

Seems like I saw 960 viewing yesterday........the other forums aren't even close. As long as we enjoy what we do, the particular forum is immaterial..."Why can't we all get along...." Rodney King.... grin grin grin
A quick tally shows 1316 people availing themselves of the knowledge base here and 545 perusing the classifieds.

More than the "very few" postulated by Del.
Originally Posted by John_Boy
Seems like I saw 960 viewing yesterday........the other forums aren't even close. As long as we enjoy what we do, the particular forum is immaterial..."Why can't we all get along...." Rodney King.... grin grin grin

That's my point. If you like to spend your time in the hunting forum because that's what you like have at it. We have some guys on here that think because they have aloy of posts that they need to give me their knowledge and tell me what forum to post in and how much I should charge for what I am selling or better yet that I am stupid for paying that. Sorry but I don't need your Knowledge save it for someone who ask for it!!!
There you go spinning the numbers again.

YOU DON'T GET IT THEY COME ON HERE FOR THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!

When I heard about this site is was they have the best classifieds. When I hear from someone about the site it's always the classifieds. Never once has anyone said. Man I was over on the 24 hour campfire and got some great knowledge from nsaqam
B. Sell it for $500
C. Give it away

+1 exactly! Mad he doesn't have one to sell for a profit or mad he can't afford one now.
Not spinning, merely adding the numbers together.

A person such as yourself who does nothing but utilize the classifieds would naturally assume that the classifieds were the only attraction. That is simply not the case and the numbers of those viewing the various forums bears that out quite succinctly.
Despite you wishing it to be otherwise.
Recount the numbers during "Prime Time"...regardless, the classifieds draw the most people...and some really good people too....I don't count the few old sore heads...life is grand.. laugh
You are wrong it's no different than a retailer placing hot prices on items to bring people to their store. The classifieds bring people to the store. I am not saying that the classifieds are the only thing here at the campfire. What I am saying is that you bring no more value to the forum than anyonr else does but your post count makes you think you do.

Yes you are spinning the numbers. If you look at the classified forum against any other forum it will kill it. You are putting the classiieds up against all the other forums and that is not spinning the numbers nice try!!
Get a grip. Very few guys come here for your knowledge base.

While this may be an accurate statement change it to-
Get a grip. Very few guys come here for your the knowledge base.

and I feel that you will be wrong.

I have been here a long time and I have little interest in the classifieds although I have bought a few things and gave a few things away (the horror), I have yet to sell anything here. In fact if I see that all of a persons posts are in the classifieds I will not buy from him. I do hate people taking advantage of a good site by not contributing but just taking. miles
That's the problem. YOU think that!! If I posted a REMINGTON Ti on here for $600 you would buy it in a heart beat. Stop with that BS. You have your opinion and that's fine.

Yes you are spinning the numbers. If you look at the classified forum against any other forum it will kill it. You are putting the classiieds up against all the other forums and that is not spinning the numbers nice try!!

Are you really this dense or is it just an act to assuage your guilt?
The classifieds is where ALL the buying and selling is done. ALL of it.
The rest of this site is divided into sections catering to individual interests. As such, the totality of the views in all the other forums must be considered when comparing the number of users availing themselves of the site.
The classifieds is simply blown away in this, the proper context.
If you cannot understand that then you are dense as well as myopic.
Originally Posted by milespatton
Get a grip. Very few guys come here for your knowledge base.

While this may be an accurate statement change it to-
Get a grip. Very few guys come here for your the knowledge base.

and I feel that you will be wrong.

I have been here a long time and I have little interest in the classifieds although I have bought a few things and gave a few things away (the horror), I have yet to sell anything here. In fact if I see that all of a persons posts are in the classifieds I will not buy from him. I do hate people taking advantage of a good site by not contributing but just taking. miles

EXACTLY right Miles.
Not that I expect the Classified Cowboys to "get" it.
Actually this is the only classifieds, for sale, page on any web forum I have seen thats not just filled up with brand new members selling AR chit.
Over at carolina shooters forum theres 2-3 pages of long uns with maybe one or two non AR/ AK rifles for sale.
If I posted a REMINGTON Ti on here for $600 you would buy it in a heart beat. Stop with that BS.

Uh, NO, I would not buy a rifle without having it in my hands to look at and shoulder a few times. Everybody is not about buying and selling just because it is a bargain. miles
Be careful Mr. knowledge you keep posting here in the classifieds you might become classifield cowboy just like me.The sooner you get it through your head that I classifieds bring more folks to this site the better the site it will become. Some of you guys think that your post count makes you more important than others. What it tells me is you have way more time to sit on you keyboard. Work as a ironworker must be slow
TFF
Be careful Mr. knowledge you keep posting here in the classifieds you might become classifield cowboy just like me.The sooner you get it through your head that I classifieds bring more folks to this site the better the site it will become. Some of you guys think that your post count makes you more important than others. What it tells me is you have way more time to sit on you keyboard. Work as a ironworker must be slow

Nope, working 6 10's every week.
Maybe you need to get a paying job so that you won't have to rely on selling stuff on numerous classified forums.
As to your assertion that the classifieds is the driver and the raison d'etre of this site you're quite plainly wrong.
It may be your raison d'etre but it isn't that of this site.
The sooner you get it through your head that I classifieds bring more folks to this site the better the site it will become.

Bull schit. In fact I think it will be not as good. If this site was a classified only, I would not be here. miles
The sooner you get it through your head that I classifieds bring more folks to this site the better the site it will become.

Bull schit. In fact I think it will be not as good. If this site was a classified only, I would not be here. miles

+1000
I post a lot in the classifieds. How many times can you have the argument of the 270 vs 30-06? Or is a 7mm mag enough for elk? Or are Simmons Binos as Swarovskis?

Dink
The classifeds drive the bus. I have a very good paying job. Have worked my whole life been of unemployment 1 times my whole life. Anytime you want to compare assets feel free. I didn't say I had to buy, sell and trade. I said I love to. Big difference!!! With 14863 knowledge based posts you must never sleep.
The classifeds drive the bus.

This was a busy and very good site back when the classifieds did not have much traffic. You think that because that is what you are interested in. miles

+1000

Miles, I did not say that the knowledge based forums are not inportant. I think they are great for you and everyone else that enjoys them. What I am saying is that just because I post only in the classifieds does not make it wrong anymore than just posting in the hunter forum.
The problem is that we have a bunch of guys who want to tell guys where to post what to post and how much to post it for. And if they don't talk around on any of the other forums that they don't contribute to the forum. I just happen to think they are wrong. One of the guys that think that is my friend. He lives in another state and I met him on this site in the classified section. I had a SKB 28ga choke tube he was Wanting to buy. I had a new one that I sent him for FREE. Dang I could have sold that to him!!!! I guess I don't add anything to the campfire.
What I am saying is that just because I post only in the classifieds does not make it wrong anymore than just posting in the hunter forum.

And what I am saying is that, while you may very well be a nice and honest man, I do not trust anyone that is just here to shear the sheep. miles
I love my classifieds.......I can't wait to become a Campfire Tracker...... cool
Originally Posted by toad

The problem is that we have a bunch of guys who want to tell guys where to post what to post

kinda like you were a few pages back? whining the loudest does not make you correct.

I never have told anyone where to post, what to post and how much to post their stuff for. Your right it's a free country. Just expect that if you want to exercise your right to piss on someones post expect the same to happen to you. I just don't understand why guys can't treat others as they want to be treated. If you post something and don't want someone posting crap on your thread don't do it to someone else. I am not saying you do that Toad. Just in general

If you call it whining so be it.
milespatton this is quoted from you" I have been here a long time and I have little interest in the classifieds although I have bought a few things and gave a few things away (the horror), I have yet to sell anything here. In fact if I see that all of a persons posts are in the classifieds I will not buy from him. I do hate people taking advantage of a good site by not contributing but just taking"

So why are you on the classifieds section then,shut up,go on your own business and regardless of what you or anyone else says,I will post in the classified section all I want and by you bitching,it is just going to make me post more and it isnt going to change the fact that I am a classified cowboy(with pride)
Sorry Mudder but that quote isn't from me!

TFF!!!
Originally Posted by mudder700
NSAGAM this is quoted from you" Very few I have been here a long time and I have little interest in the classifieds although I have bought a few things and gave a few things away (the horror), I have yet to sell anything here. In fact if I see that all of a persons posts are in the classifieds I will not buy from him. I do hate people taking advantage of a good site by not contributing but just taking"

So why are you on the classifieds section then,shut up,go on your own business and regardless of what you or anyone else says,I will post in the classified section all I want and by you bitching,it is just going to make me post more and it isnt going to change the fact that I am a classified cowboy(with pride)

Just saving this gem for posterity!

You're a leech with pride!

As I said, TFF!!
NSAGAM this is quoted from you" Very few I have been here a long time and I have little interest in the classifieds although I have bought a few things and gave a few things away (the horror), I have yet to sell anything here. In fact if I see that all of a persons posts are in the classifieds I will not buy from him. I do hate people taking advantage of a good site by not contributing but just taking"

Uh, that was me. miles
B. Sell it for $500
C. Give it away

The AR that you've had a for a while and want to sell? I don't really care how you do that. I probably shouldn't, but do feel differently about the guy who has 4 brand new in the box never fired units (that I presume he got last week) and wants to move them here at a $500 premium each.

JMHO.
I stand corrected,it was milespatton,but the same goes for him ,I apologize nsagam,why can't we let each other do their own thing and stop all this bull$hit and enjoy this site for what it is,whether you like to post on the classifieds or post on the forums,to each their own...
Nothing I can say or do can dissuade anyone from posting what they want, where they want.
I can however express my displeasure at those who do nothing to augment the knowledge base here.
Especially illuminating is that Onpoint stated in this very thread that when he does have a gun/shooting related question he calls his friends here and gets the answer.
Don't you think that the answers to those questions may have proven helpful to others had they been posted on the open forum?
To me that smacks of selfishness with knowledge when no such selfishness is in evidence when Onpoint has something to sell or wishes to buy something.
Even the most rudimentary of questions may elicit a response from some of the knowledgeable, experienced folks here which may prove to be of assistance to someone.
So nsaqam, you figured it out. You are the turd that I am talking about. Always tire kicking and talking [bleep] about classified cowboys. Ok, smooth.... what do YOU give to the board????? I buy, and sell items here. YES! I don't post in other sections because of dickheads like you who know everything. I am on other forums, and do more then Classifieds, and some I do no classifieds. But you and your little brokedick cronies all you guys do is comment and tire kick. A bunch of haters.
So you like to do the whole name idiom thing, COOL. Lets see... nsaqam.....
No. Srings. Attached. Queer. Ass. Master. NSAQAM!!

So since I have been out serving my country (and using classifieds) you have been here riding Ricks Nuts. So why don't you support a real cause a$$hole. Looser.

Good for you GeoW!
WORD!!!!!

Originally Posted by DINK
I post a lot in the classifieds. How many times can you have the argument of the 270 vs 30-06? Or is a 7mm mag enough for elk? Or are Simmons Binos as Swarovskis?

Dink
I already served my Country you illiterate loser.
And I've bought, sold, and given away more on this website than you could ever hope to.
Clever with your name thing. For an illiterate that is.

BTW, looser than what? Your ass?
Oh really?? You think so???? You broke ass [bleep] bag. Mr. big time steel worker here rolling all the big jack.
Wow, and you know how to use words above the 6th grade, goood!!
You would stick in a mans ass wouldn't you????
But you got out of the service cause you couldn't hack it,
Here we go again. The classified cowboy strikes again. Now I no why you have some many posts. You just like to post. Man you are really adding the the quality of the knowledge of the site. And I am selfish for not asking a question in one of the forums. WOW!!!
As I said, [bleep] is barely literate and wholly queer.

Ironworker son, big difference.
I build the stuff you connect with your gay buddies in to discuss which ass is looser.

Thanks for your service.
Here we go again. The classified cowboy strikes again. Now I no why you have some many posts. You just like to post. Man you are really adding the the quality of the knowledge of the site. And I am selfish for not asking a question in one of the forums. WOW!!!

YES!
I just came up with a new one for the keyboard king 14,876 posts and counting. Bring on the knowledge shocked
HAHA, you guys are sooo funny!! Its all words, and maybe one day, maybe one day. You all can get your very own forum. Then..... you can set the rules. But until then, I am going to enjoy my day, from out behind the computer. Now I'm sure your going to say some real witty comments about [bleep]. But oh well, just words. LOL.
Since I hacked it, and retired, yep! Full 20 YO! And use all my cool [bleep] I got from the classifieds.

Oh, and I'm so surprised none of you tuff guys have yet threatened to come kick my ass yet. LOL. That is always funny.
No [bleep] man! He is something else.

I just came up with a new one for the keyboard king 14,876 posts and counting. Bring on the knowledge shocked
So...no one been able to get out in the woods lately? grin
Just came up with one for the king of the Classified Cowboys, bring me the money, [bleep] everyone else.

Hey, you're getting what you want (money) so to hell with everyone else.
If you have something to share you'll just keep it private because disclosing it doesn't put cash in your pockets.
Now, if you could think of a way to make money with your information you'd have 30K posts in three months.
HAHA, you guys are sooo funny!! Its all words, and maybe one day, maybe one day. You all can get your very own forum. Then..... you can set the rules. But until then, I am going to enjoy my day, from out behind the computer. Now I'm sure your going to say some real witty comments about [bleep]. But oh well, just words. LOL.
Since I hacked it, and retired, yep! Full 20 YO! And use all my cool [bleep] I got from the classifieds.

Oh, and I'm so surprised none of you tuff guys have yet threatened to come kick my ass yet. LOL. That is always funny.

You started the [bleep] thing not me.
In this corner...we have the Hatfields.

And in this corner...we have the McCoys.

And the whinner gets...well nothing.
All I have to do is give you a couple more days and you will have the 30,000 posts. Than you will really think you own the site. Bring on the knowledge!!!! professor
GB, your valiant attempts at moderation and levity have not gone unnoticed.

Thank you.

I'm done with this thread.

Maybe the complainers should offer their rifle that would command the largest amount of interest from buyers at a deeply discounted current market price. Lead by example. That way you will not appear as a bunch of cackling hens.
Hey, there you go! If the guys making the extra coin on the whole demand are the bad ones, offer them up as Richard suggested.... At MSRP, or blue book.
Then they can be the captain save-a-hoe of the Fire!

Originally Posted by RichardAustin

Maybe the complainers should offer their rifle that would command the largest amount of interest from buyers at a deeply discounted current market price. Lead by example. That way you will not appear as a bunch of cackling hens.

Thank you.

I'm done with this thread.

We can only hope! As far as I am concerned nsaqam has done nothing to contribute to the good of this forum. In fact it is quite the contrary. People like you have done more to detract from the credibility of this forum. It is usually pretty small, simple minded people that sit behind their keyboard and throw uneeded assaults at others. I have done several deals with Onpoint and found him to be more of an asset to this forum than nsaqam could ever dream or hope to. But that is only my opinion as a "Classfied Cowboy" and darnded proud of it.
RR, that is total crap.
My first dealings on this fine forum were with Nsaqam. His insights on all of the other forums are valued by many. Yes, he shares on all forums, not just on the classifieds. Some of you guys contribute zilch except for your flea market adventures.
You need to lighten the f^ck up.
This will be my last post on this thread and on this subject. The point that I was trying to make was that just because I don't spend time talking about politics and other things in the other forums do not mean that I or any other person that likes to buy, sell or tradeis any less of a contributor to the forum. I have sat back and watched nsaqam and others rip guys as the classified cowboys. I would tell you that I have given many things away to new reloaders, kids who have lost their parents and others just because I thought is was the right thing to do.You see there are many ways to contribute to the forum than post comments all day and night to the tune of 14,500 and thump your chest that you are a contributor to the forum. Nsaqam has the right to say what he feels and thats fine I also have the right to say that many of us so call classified cowboys contribute to the forum. The problem is that some folks really do beleive that their feelings are shared or should be shared by all. If you guys think that all I do is sheer the sheep I will remember that the next time I help out someone who is in need. Rich thanks for the kind words. All I have ever wanted to do is buy, sell and trade on here. Love the site and most of the guys on it. We need to stop kicking sand at everyone that gets in our sand box that we think is not contributing to the forum. Now nsaqam you can post whatever response you think you need to plese correct all my spelling and all my mistakes in this post as we need guys like you to contribute so greatly to the campfire. I will not post again on the thread

I feel strongly both ways.

I am now pisssed off and done with this thread.
We can only hope! As far as I am concerned nsaqam has done nothing to contribute to the good of this forum. In fact it is quite the contrary. People like you have done more to detract from the credibility of this forum. It is usually pretty small, simple minded people that sit behind their keyboard and throw uneeded assaults at others. I have done several deals with Onpoint and found him to be more of an asset to this forum than nsaqam could ever dream or hope to. But that is only my opinion as a "Classfied Cowboy" and darnded proud of it.

I assume you do not include yourself in the group of pretty small, simple-minded people that throw unneeded assaults at others. Therefore, what makes your assault on nsaqam any more needed than his on the Classified Cowboys?
edit/delete- didnt read some of his posts in the middle of the thread.
Originally Posted by broomd
RR, that is total crap.
My first dealings on this fine forum were with Nsaqam. His insights on all of the other forums are valued by many. Yes, he shares on all forums, not just on the classifieds. Some of you guys contribute zilch except for your flea market adventures.
You need to lighten the f^ck up.

I totally agree. Nsaqam has been a huge asset to the fire in all the forums, not just the classifieds section.
I appreciate the sentiment guys and I thank you.
I will say that I've been helped by this site far more than I've helped. Smart people asking and answering questions is the lifeblood of this site IMO and I'm very appreciative of that.
I will further say that I owe Onpoint an apology. I think he is a good man and very straightforward and helpful in his dealings here. I do recognize his contributions, his experience, and his magnanimity.
That's one of the reasons I feel that we would benefit from him asking and answering questions in the open forum.
Sorry Del.
Happy New Years to all...Lets get on enjoying this site for ALL it has to offer....
© 24hourcampfire