Home
Posted By: chlinstructor Price Check? Colt SAA - 12/15/13
Was at my LGS today and a guy traded in a new, un-fired Colt Single Action Army in .44 special with a 4 & 3/4" barrel. It was made in the late 1970's or very early 1980's. It did not have the Colt Factory Box or Owners Manuel. I know how anal Colt Collectors are about there Pistols being NEW, UN-Fired, No Cylinder Rings or marks, and all Colt Paperwork.

I'm NOT a Collector, I buy guns to shoot! Gun Store Owner is a good friend of mine, & I can probably get it out the door for around $900. I've already got a few Colts in .45 LC, but don't have one in .44 special, which is my second favorite Revolver caliber.

Anyhow, just wondering if some of you Colt Collectors here on the "Fire think that $900 is a fair market value. I don't want to take advantage of my Friend that owns the store, because he makes me good cash deals on used guns quite frequently.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Price Check? Colt SAA - 12/15/13
Buy it or give me the information on how I can get it because I will buy it if you don't want it...
Yep! Good price for a SAA. I paid $400 more for mine.
Posted By: smithrjd Re: Price Check? Colt SAA - 12/15/13
Colt SAA are for a very informed buyer. Even more so than a pre 64 Winchester. A collectors market with all and even more caveats. Could be a great deal and or a bust. I know I am not up to really knowing what is what.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Price Check? Colt SAA - 12/15/13
That's the good guy deal for sure.
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Buy it or give me the information on how I can get it because I will buy it if you don't want it...

That's kinda what I was thinking, Shrapnel. I really don't have a lot of extra mad money right now right here at Christmas time, with buying gifts for all my neices & nephews.
As a matter of fact, i sold two of my Ruger Flattops here on the Fire last week, thinking i have WAY Too Many Single Actions.

Anyhow, my buddy that owns the LGS is holding it for me until Monday. I Haven't bought a new Colt SA in about 15 years, so I really haven't kept up on a "Fair" Market Value. Figured if I didn't buy it at that price, it wouldn't last an hour if he puts it out on the shelf for sale. Your statement is a ringing endorsement. After all, it's Only Money wink

And I could really care less about the box or collectors value. Buying it to shoot, and pack around on the Ranch, as they should be for.
Bought my first Colt SAA in High School when I was 15 after reading Elmer's book, "Hell, I Was There! " Too many years of reading Elmer Keith & Skeeter Skelton as a kid ruined me. And I don't have one in .44 Special, as all my 44's are Rugers. It will be a book matched pair to my old 4 & 3/4" 45LC. And it will fit right in my old worn out El Paso Saddlery John Wayne Holster & belt rig. So I guess it's Merry Christmas To Me. cool
Posted By: Gibby Re: Price Check? Colt SAA - 12/15/13
Buy it!

$1500.00 is the going price with box and contents.

$900.00 for the gun. Good deal!
Posted By: PSH Re: Price Check? Colt SAA - 12/15/13
You certainly won't get hurt on it for that price. Desireable caliber, in a desireable configuration. IMO, any Colt SAA priced under 1000 is worth a look and consideration.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Price Check? Colt SAA - 12/15/13
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by shrapnel

That's kinda what I was thinking, Shrapnel. I really don't have a lot of extra mad money right now right here at Christmas time, with buying gifts for all my neices & nephews.
As a matter of fact, i sold two of my Ruger Flattops here on the Fire last week, thinking i have WAY Too Many Single Actions.

Anyhow, my buddy that owns the LGS is holding it for me until Monday. I Haven't bought a new Colt SA in about 15 years, so I really haven't kept up on a "Fair" Market Value. Figured if I didn't buy it at that price, it wouldn't last an hour if he puts it out on the shelf for sale. Your statement is a ringing endorsement. After all, it's Only Money wink

And I could really care less about the box or collectors value. Buying it to shoot, and pack around on the Ranch, as they should be for.
Bought my first Colt SAA in High School when I was 15 after reading Elmer's book, "Hell, I Was There! " Too many years of reading Elmer Keith & Skeeter Skelton as a kid ruined me. And I don't have one in .44 Special, as all my 44's are Rugers. It will be a book matched pair to my old 4 & 3/4" 45LC. And it will fit right in my old worn out El Paso Saddlery John Wayne Holster & belt rig. So I guess it's Merry Christmas To Me. cool

Do it! Eat peanut and butter sammiches for a month, don't spend anything on frivolous stuff, and get that revolver...
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Price Check? Colt SAA - 12/15/13
Less than a grand is a great price for any functioning Colt SAA. A 44 Special should command a bit of a premium over some other calibers.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Price Check? Colt SAA - 12/15/13
You'd be crazy not to bring that Colt home.
Posted By: yar Re: Price Check? Colt SAA - 12/15/13
44 spec is not as common...good buy.
I'm gonna go pick it up tomorrow!
Posted By: jbmi Re: Price Check? Colt SAA - 12/15/13
Just last month I bought a NIB SAA in 45 Colt, $1,395.
I'd jump at the chance to get one for $900
Posted By: Dieselman Re: Price Check? Colt SAA - 12/16/13
A fair deal for a nice revolver - I think if it's case hardened it's even better. A couple of years ago I sold several from an estate at within $100 of that price. They are very comfortable to shoot. Enjoy your revolver.
© 24hourcampfire