-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Was at my LGS today and a guy traded in a new, un-fired Colt Single Action Army in .44 special with a 4 & 3/4" barrel. It was made in the late 1970's or very early 1980's. It did not have the Colt Factory Box or Owners Manuel. I know how anal Colt Collectors are about there Pistols being NEW, UN-Fired, No Cylinder Rings or marks, and all Colt Paperwork.

I'm NOT a Collector, I buy guns to shoot! Gun Store Owner is a good friend of mine, & I can probably get it out the door for around $900. I've already got a few Colts in .45 LC, but don't have one in .44 special, which is my second favorite Revolver caliber.

Anyhow, just wondering if some of you Colt Collectors here on the "Fire think that $900 is a fair market value. I don't want to take advantage of my Friend that owns the store, because he makes me good cash deals on used guns quite frequently.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Buy it or give me the information on how I can get it because I will buy it if you don't want it...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep! Good price for a SAA. I paid $400 more for mine.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Colt SAA are for a very informed buyer. Even more so than a pre 64 Winchester. A collectors market with all and even more caveats. Could be a great deal and or a bust. I know I am not up to really knowing what is what.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
That's the good guy deal for sure.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Buy it or give me the information on how I can get it because I will buy it if you don't want it...

That's kinda what I was thinking, Shrapnel. I really don't have a lot of extra mad money right now right here at Christmas time, with buying gifts for all my neices & nephews.
As a matter of fact, i sold two of my Ruger Flattops here on the Fire last week, thinking i have WAY Too Many Single Actions.

Anyhow, my buddy that owns the LGS is holding it for me until Monday. I Haven't bought a new Colt SA in about 15 years, so I really haven't kept up on a "Fair" Market Value. Figured if I didn't buy it at that price, it wouldn't last an hour if he puts it out on the shelf for sale. Your statement is a ringing endorsement. After all, it's Only Money wink

And I could really care less about the box or collectors value. Buying it to shoot, and pack around on the Ranch, as they should be for.
Bought my first Colt SAA in High School when I was 15 after reading Elmer's book, "Hell, I Was There! " Too many years of reading Elmer Keith & Skeeter Skelton as a kid ruined me. And I don't have one in .44 Special, as all my 44's are Rugers. It will be a book matched pair to my old 4 & 3/4" 45LC. And it will fit right in my old worn out El Paso Saddlery John Wayne Holster & belt rig. So I guess it's Merry Christmas To Me. cool

Last edited by chlinstructor; 12/15/13. Reason: spelling

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Buy it!

$1500.00 is the going price with box and contents.

$900.00 for the gun. Good deal!

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
P
PSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
You certainly won't get hurt on it for that price. Desireable caliber, in a desireable configuration. IMO, any Colt SAA priced under 1000 is worth a look and consideration.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by shrapnel

That's kinda what I was thinking, Shrapnel. I really don't have a lot of extra mad money right now right here at Christmas time, with buying gifts for all my neices & nephews.
As a matter of fact, i sold two of my Ruger Flattops here on the Fire last week, thinking i have WAY Too Many Single Actions.

Anyhow, my buddy that owns the LGS is holding it for me until Monday. I Haven't bought a new Colt SA in about 15 years, so I really haven't kept up on a "Fair" Market Value. Figured if I didn't buy it at that price, it wouldn't last an hour if he puts it out on the shelf for sale. Your statement is a ringing endorsement. After all, it's Only Money wink

And I could really care less about the box or collectors value. Buying it to shoot, and pack around on the Ranch, as they should be for.
Bought my first Colt SAA in High School when I was 15 after reading Elmer's book, "Hell, I Was There! " Too many years of reading Elmer Keith & Skeeter Skelton as a kid ruined me. And I don't have one in .44 Special, as all my 44's are Rugers. It will be a book matched pair to my old 4 & 3/4" 45LC. And it will fit right in my old worn out El Paso Saddlery John Wayne Holster & belt rig. So I guess it's Merry Christmas To Me. cool

Do it! Eat peanut and butter sammiches for a month, don't spend anything on frivolous stuff, and get that revolver...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Less than a grand is a great price for any functioning Colt SAA. A 44 Special should command a bit of a premium over some other calibers.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
You'd be crazy not to bring that Colt home.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

yar Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
44 spec is not as common...good buy.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I'm gonna go pick it up tomorrow!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Just last month I bought a NIB SAA in 45 Colt, $1,395.
I'd jump at the chance to get one for $900

"The older I get, the better I was"
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
A fair deal for a nice revolver - I think if it's case hardened it's even better. A couple of years ago I sold several from an estate at within $100 of that price. They are very comfortable to shoot. Enjoy your revolver.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1234, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,478 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,076
Posts18,482,691
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.