Home
Posted By: GreatWaputi Burris warranty service? - 01/05/10
Anyone sent a scope into Burris for warranty service? If so, how'd they treat you?
Posted By: Allen917 Re: Burris warranty service? - 01/05/10
I have several Burris scopes in need of repair, but to be honest, I'm not sure they are worth the postage if the repairs were free. Maybe I have just been unlucky with Burris.

I would be intrested to see what everyone has to say about them.
Yes. They treated me very well. Gave my scope a thorough cleaning, touched up some nicked finished, gave the scope an internal cleaning and sent it back to me within a few weeks (international), free of charge.
Posted By: noKnees Re: Burris warranty service? - 01/05/10
They got the job done, and done nicely, but it took a couple of weeks. I think they had the scope a week or two before they called me to tell me they were starting.
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Burris warranty service? - 01/05/10
They treated me like [bleep]; they lost a customer as at that point I had 3 Burris scopes. Have not bought one since and traded off two of those that I had. The one I STILL have, is partly because they never actually fixed the problem (little flecks of stuff floating around inside) and I couldn't really sell it in good concience like that.

To flesh it out a little, they took about 2 MONTHS to get it back to me, and at least twice in that time period they told me it'd shipped, when it hadn't. Total bullcrap.
Dropped one in the mail this morning, so we'll see how it goes.
Treated me well also. Received a card from them shortly after I send it in acknowledging receipt and provided a repair number. Received a second card several days later that work was done and scope was shipped with tracking number. Scope was spotless when I received it and problem corrected. All at no charge.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Burris warranty service? - 01/06/10
Jeff_O and I had similar experiences. I used to purchase only Burris. Too many failures and the customer service didn't know what I was talking about when I tried to help.

I still use only Burris Signature rigns.
Turn-around time on my 2x20 pistol scope was a couple of days less than two weeks . . . in October when they were surely swamped. No charge, too. Burris gets five stars from me.
Posted By: Smokey262 Re: Burris warranty service? - 01/07/10
I had a Fullfield II go wacky a couple years ago. I sent it to them and about 10 days or two weeks later I had a brand new one waiting for me on the porch. I did buy more Burris scopes after that, and will continue to do so in the future
I sent a fullfield in fixed free in about a month.
Had a Signature cleaned a few yrs ago...nothing but a piece of lint in the optics. 2 weeks start to finish and they paid the freight.
FFII's going strong.
Thanks. Bought a used Burris for a song and it showed up with a severely canted reticle. Sent it in earlier this week and will see how it goes.
Posted By: Teal Re: Burris warranty service? - 01/08/10
About 10 years ago I had one. (forget the model)

Went TU inside of 12 shots on a Ruger 300WM. Sent it in. Got it back in 9 months. Went TU again in 6 shots. Threw it in the trash. Never again.
© 24hourcampfire