Home
S&B advertises the eye relief on the 3x12x42 Klassic at 3.70". Does that remain constant throughout the entire magnification range?

Considering one with the TDS for my .300 RUM.
I have the 3-12x50 Classic and yes.It stays the same.

dave
Yes it will stay the same, but it may change slightly depending on your particular diopter setting on the scope.

I have the Klassik in 3-12x42 & in 3-12x50 = both awesome scopes!!

I am mounting a 3-12x50 Zenith on my Sako 75 300 RUM.
Originally Posted by 300MAG
I am mounting a 3-12x50 Zenith on my Sako 75 300 RUM.

I hate you smile
dave
Thanks fellas. Any thoughts on the 4-16x50 vs the 3-12x42 for that RUM?
Dave,

Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful!! LOL!! I loved my Zenith 1.5-6x42 so much that I just had to try the Zenith 3-12x50. It's one hell of a piece of glass.

nyrifleman,

I'd stick with the 3-12x42 for your 300 RUM. The 4-16x50 is VERY limited in elvation & windage adjustment. Plus the 3-12x42 is very sleek (as far as S&B scopes go) and fits a hunting rifle very well!!

Thanks .300

I'm running a 4.5x14 VXIII LR on a .300 Weatherby, I'm figuring the 2x I'm losing with the S&B will be made up by S&B better resolution/glass.

nyrifleman,

I'm going make a statement from my personal experience & it will probably ruffle some feathers here but its the truth:

Your Leupold is in no way, shape, or form in the same league as your new S&B scope!!

S&B are the finest optics in the world - you're gonna love your new scope.
That's the same advice BobinNH gave me wink

I may replace my Leupy VXIII 3.5x10 which sits atop my 7 Rem Mag with a Summit next.

Anybody have an opinion on that TDS reticle? Seems similar to the Leupy B&C reticle.
Once you get 1 S&B, you'll need more!!
They seem pretty popular for Pencilvainya hunters. I'll have to hunt there sometime so see how different it it...
Bring body armor
Come on down Steelhead!!

We do have antler restrictions - gotta look hard to see if they are legal - LOL!!
Bring your orange pumpkin suit too!!!
Sounds compelling, guess I'll need to sell 2 dozen scopes to buy a Spit and Bendher for that once in a lifetime Pencilvainya buck'ish deer....
Or sell off body parts like I did!!

Come and hunt the elusive whitetail buck of Pennsylvania. Brown & down with a six pack in your jacket - what a wonderful place to hunt!!
Checking the calendar now!
[Linked Image]
nyrifleman,
Little eye candy for you.
1.5-6x42 Flash Dot on top.
3-12x50 Classic on the bottom.
Im 6'6" and the 50mm scoped rifle actually fits me better.
The TDS is the best of all worlds with a FFP S&B as you could use the same hold overs at any power setting.
The TDS is simple and pretty clean for a holdover type reticle.Should work fine.
In the dark I prefer HEAVY reticles say a No4 or No9.Also you can have a lighted reticle as an option.Lit reticles from S&B trump Heavy reticles in the dark every time.The Flash Dot scope are S&B best of class.
You also can order a BDC for a Schmidt.its expensive but someting you could think about.
Be aware.S&B is an aquired taste.Once you get it.Its going to cost you real money...Just sayen...

dave
Scott,

For our northern bucks in the timber I'm running a Zeiss 2.5x8 on an M-70 classic in .308. The S&B I'm planning on using for western hunts.

Dave,

I remember seeing those before, I like! Thanks for posting them again. Can't recall the calibers though.
270 WCF top
280 Ackley IMP bottom

dave
mine stays pretty much the same, if it moves, i dont notice and yes the diopter plays a part.

Dave: How long's the barrel on that Ackley?
Dave,
Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful!! LOL!! I loved my Zenith 1.5-6x42 so much that I just had to try the Zenith 3-12x50. It's one hell of a piece of glass.

Buddie has a Zenith 3-12x50 Flash Dot.I got to play with it some.I liked it alot.
You can hate me back.I just did a new PMII from Euro optics.Wait until you get aload of this thing......

dave
There both 24 inch Harts.M700 actions.McMillian HTGs.
dave
Dave,

Which PMII did you get?? I have the 10x42 PMII on my GA Precision tactical rig.
nyrifleman
You could always try one of these on a RUM.Might be interesting.[Linked Image]

dave
Dave,

nahnah,nah nah nah.I aint tellen.Im maken all you guys wait for pictures....
I know.Im mean..... smile

dave
300MAG,
That is a sweet outfit.
dave
Dave, which one's that pictured?
spekaing of needing schmidt & bender scopes, i guess some people need custom rifles to kill deer
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Dave,

dave

Mean or Turdlike.................... grin
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Dave,

dave

Mean or Turdlike.................... grin

Mobetter yet.
Im a turd.Just ask vermint gal

dave smile
Did you get the biggest, baddest S&B on the block?? That is a hunk of glass if you did - very nice!!
I've actually been thinking about getting an 8x56, anyone got one of those?
I can see a S&B on my hunting rig in the near future. Where did you get your scopes Jeff? Euro optics?
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I've actually been thinking about getting an 8x56, anyone got one of those?

The next scope on my bucket list Steele.I want a fixed 8x56 bad.Just a matter of time.

dave
I'll share some eye candy too:

Patriot Arms 300 Win Mag on Sako 75 action
[Linked Image]

Patriot Arms 30-06 on Rem 700 action
[Linked Image]

GA Precision Custom .308
[Linked Image]
I'll share some eye candy too:

Patriot Arms 300 Win Mag on Sako 75 action
[Linked Image]

Patriot Arms 30-06 on Rem 700 action
[Linked Image]

GA Precision Custom .308
[Linked Image]

Your killen me.

dave
Steelhead,

The fixed 8x56 would be a bad ass scope. I never had that model, but I did try the fixed 4x36 - it was a nice little scope.

Stoney,

I get all my optics from Alex Roy at Euro-Optics. He's an awesome guy to deal with & his prices are outstanding!!
Jeff, what is your address? Do you work from 9-5? Do you have a watch dog or a house alarm?

Holy schitballs them are nice.
To me S&B's are worth the money....but I do get paid to use mine....grin!

Steelhead, I had an 8X56 for a time....best poor light scope I've ever looked through....traded it for a 4-16X50 PMII. Wish I still had it. Hell of a scope for hunting Whitetail bucks showing up on hay fields at dark-thirty. One inch tube made of steel...very rugged...you'll need a higher comb on a conventional hunting stock to keep your chin down..as you probably already knew...
I'm looking at setting up as sort of a specialized rig and thinking the fixed 8 will do the trick, thanks.
steelie which reticle
Scott, caliber, action?
7 I'm thinking.
Stoney,

My house is protected by a extremely violent 9# Bichon Frise - he is trained to go straight for the gonads!!
Mauser 30/06
This one, it's a bit of a beast with the 25 1/2" tube but is a shooting SOB.

[Linked Image]
Nice, what specialized purpose are you pondering?
Having a heavy ass gun for shooting [bleep] whilst not moving much.
Medium caliber, intermediate range, thinking from a stand/blind in low light, hence the 56mm. Nice.
Having a heavy ass gun for shooting [bleep] whilst not moving much.

[Linked Image]

This one works for that....not fun to carry too far. But it will shoot....real far!!
Scenar,

You on S&B "Pro Staff" or somethin??? If so, please sign me up & put a good word in for me!! LOL!!

Steelhead,

The 8x56 would look good on that rig - may have to get a little higher rings for it though.
http://gunmart.net/accessories_review/schmidt_bender_8x56_klassik/

Schmidt & Bender 8x56 Klassik

Fixed power scopes are not that popular in the UK, as we mainly tend to go for variables. I certainly do, as I like the ability to be able to dial up/down according to my need. But to be brutally honest; think for a moment what power you use to shoot most animals; I bet it�s around 7-9, given most are taken from some form of supported position � sticks, high seats or even vehicles. So something around that figure in a simpler package might be useful.

Dedicated

Most of my night shooting is on rabbits and hares is with my 17HMR Ruger All-Weather and in most cases I set the variable to x7 or 8, which is about right for low light work. So it occurred to me that something more dedicated might be the ticket. Being very much a fan of European glass, and also not spending any more money than I have to, Schmidt & Bender sprung to mind as they are by far the cheapest of the quality makes but with no loss of ability when compared to other market leaders.

So what better for night work than their 8x56 Klassik that is made in Hungary? This also brings the cost down as labour is cheaper, but not the quality as all components are supplied by Germany with the end result being identical.

The 8x56 has a 30mm body tube and its big objective bell sits easily on the Ruger in a set of their high rings, even with a Butler Creek lens cap fitted. A 1� tube version is also available, however this will place the optic nearer the barrel, so higher mounts are in order. Turrets are the old-style with the basic reticule, position indicator dial included. The drums are medium height, easy to dial and set under caps, as is proper for a hunting scope.

All the sixes

Click values are 1cm @ 100m, with 28 per turn (11�) with six, full rotations (66�) available. At the rear is a fast-focus eye piece, twilight factor is 21.1 and field of view (FOV) at 100 yards is 15 feet and apart from the superior lens quality and solid build that�s your lot. First impressions are a big optic as the Klassik is not short at 14.6� nor light at 22 oz. However, for my intended use that made no never mind.

Reticule choice covers nine options, from the three, tapered posts of the #1 to the Varmint grid of the #8. I went for the #7 which I consider to be the best, which shows thick posts at 3, 6 and 9 o�clock with a fine cross hair coming down from 12 o�clock. Subtension of this at 100 yards is just shy of the width of a fired, 12-bore case, as once zeroed I was using these as targets. Perhaps a tad coarse but easily visible and hard to lose in any light. Plus still a lot smaller than a rabbits head, so more than good enough.

High contrast

My 17HMR is capable of �� at 100 yards and the Schmidt did not change that, so after zeroing and a bit of fun with the 12-bore cases it was time to go out. Rabbits were thin on the ground that night, as I only got ten but the Klassik showed its quality with excellent low light performance with the longest shot out to 153 yards. Often as not, as the light was going, I would see a target which looked a bit dark and swing onto it. Once in the scope it was not only easier to see but also apparently brighter in terms of contrast.

For my rimfire needs, which are often from a truck or sitting in the back of one at night; the 8x56 proved a highly effective optic. Likewise if you do a lot of high seat work on deer, or shoot over longer distances; its medium/high power and large objective will allow good shots dawn to dusk.

The Schmidt & Bender 8x56 Klassik is a simple design whose high quality build and components combine to make what might be considered the ultimate, fixed power scope. This model is also offered in 6x42 and 10x42 versions.

We Reckon:
� Superior quality
� A bit mission specific
� Consider a fixed power
Technical Specifications
Name Schmidt & Bender 8x56 Klassik (Hungarian)
Body tube 30mm
Fast-focus eye piece
Reticule #7 (on test)
Click values 1cm @ 100m Clicks per turn 28 Full rotations 6
Twilight factor 21.1
FOV @ 100 yards 15 ft
Scenar,

Is that a GAP rifle?? Surgeon action??

[Linked Image]

10@ 500 meters...under 2". Damn thing wieghs 20 pounds...UHHG!!
Scenar,

That will kill stuff!! Nice shooting.

That bad boy is a hammer - it will killem waayyyyy out there.
300, Sure is...338LM
This one, it's a bit of a beast with the 25 1/2" tube but is a shooting SOB.

[Linked Image]
I like these stock colors. Nice!
Brown Precision stock, pard teflon coated the metal.
I'm looking at setting up as sort of a specialized rig and thinking the fixed 8 will do the trick, thanks.

http://www.eurooptic.com/Schmidt-Be...ory=SF03&vendor=XXSB&parent=XXSB
The 8x56 can be had with a 1 inch or a 30mm tube.Im thinking the 30mm tube looks alittle less drastic than shrinking a 56mm obj down to 1 inch.30mm version would be able to use a lower ring height as well...Just sayen...

For a scope like this JMHO would be to special order a No4 or a "hold your nose" No1 reticle.Your going to be usuing it at the very last light and if its not a lighted one, get the heavest thing you can get your hands on.
The thicker the better.
A more flexable reticle would be a lighted one.Say a L7 or a L3.These will always show up in the dark and will be fine enough for load development and vermin and such in daylight.Again a special order.But so much more flexable.
The S&B lighted reticle controll is just excellant and battery life is not an issue.

You do know Steelhead that if you actually order one of thses we all have to get togeather for a group HUG.....dontjaknow.. smile smile

dave
Group hugs and Steelhead in the same sentence?? You been drinkin' dave??

LOL!!!
Originally Posted by DAMARA
spekaing of needing schmidt & bender scopes, i guess some people need custom rifles to kill deer
I always had trouble stalking deer with factory rifles until I got a custom. Now I can walk right up to them.
Keep it up and I'll do this to it, and don't put it past me...

Originally Posted by DAMARA

And some folks need a french tickler shoved up their ass to have a sense of humor.
MF! that was cool. Damn he did not even remove the scope before hand. If it was a S&B it will be fine.
No HE didn't.
Steelhead,

That is messed up!! Kinda scary when you go to a new rifle range isn't it???

Coulda been Stoney and that POS Stiller action he has - LOL!!!
"And some folks need a french tickler shoved up their ass to have a sense of humor."

That is FUNNY right there!!
Steelhead,

That is messed up!! Kinda scary when you go to a new rifle range isn't it???

Coulda been Stoney and that POS Stiller action he has - LOL!!!
After Karl welds the bolt handle, true's it up, and re-cerekote's my new Stiller, it will be new again. Lol

Alright Jeff, you talk me into it, Im going to make a drink.
Rum & Cokes for everyone!!!!
Group hugs and Steelhead in the same sentence?? You been drinkin' dave??

LOL!!!

Naw,I just know that if he ever gets his hands on a S&B for any length of time.He will be just like the rest of us.
"Group hugs" smile
I was actually thinking about a fixed 8x56 as I have a need for one.But I blew my budget on a different one instead frown.I will eventually have one and I pretty much have it all picked our in my head..... A fixed 8x56 with a 30mm tube lighted reticle either a L7 or a L3. And....and.... a BDC.Have the parrallx changed from 100 meters to 200 meters and call it a day.If your gonna go.Why not just go all the way.It costs extra for the options for sure but the functionality of this thing would be awesome.
This set up would still be lighter weight and cheeper that a 2.5x10-56 Flashdot.
Killer.

dave
You boys cost me more money......... grin
Be aware.S&B is an aquired taste.Once you get it.Its going to cost you real money...Just sayen...
dave

If I didnt have the addiction I have.I'd have more rifles than bigstick.
Cant afford one for all the rifles I have now.
But Ill get by.

dave
I doubt it, I can appreciate GREAT glass in spotters and binos, the gnat's differences in scopes don't mean much, just needs to put a bullet where it's supposed to go.
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
Dave, which one's that pictured?

In the pic up top thats a 3-12x50 PMII.Fixed parrallax scope at 250 meters.Mil Mil reticle.

dave
Thanks Dave.

Last year in Alberta the outfitter warned us that there would not be time to employ binos, but to use the scope to judge antlers.

He was right. However to my aging eyes at 450 yards the Leupy 4.5x14 wasn't getting it done.

Those types of hunts are too valuable to me not to give myself every possible advantage.

Hence the S&B.

I doubt it, I can appreciate GREAT glass in spotters and binos, the gnat's differences in scopes don't mean much, just needs to put a bullet where it's supposed to go.

Steelhead,
Ill tell ya alittle story.
In another life before I became the anti E.
I owned Leupolds.I used Leupolds.I still own and use Leupolds.I own many Leupolds.In fact I most likey still own more Leupolds than you do.Leupold was "the" scope for me,for many years.I recommened them to friends.And felt as you do,that loopies were all that was "needed". I was very much a "just needs to put a bullet where it's supposed to go" type of guy.And thats alright.Lord knows for many years thats all I could afford.
And then I bought my first 1.5-6x42 from Dunns in 86.I didnt much care for the reticle that got "bigger".Seemed goofy to me.I didnt much care for the ,at that time,very short eye relief.Only 3.1 back then.Took a couple of seasons to get used to it.At that time I only had one rifle.A Nelson Berger built 280 AI.But over the course of several hunting seasons.It grew on me. It grew on me as younger man when I dropped it out of tree stands,fell on it.And used it to part brush with.It grew on me as I repeatedly turned it into a popsicle in frozen hell Alberta 7 years running.It grew on me as I always found myself comming out of the woods later than my friends did.They had to quit because they couldn't see where the bullet was supposed to go.I could.It grew on me sitting at the rifle range as it got dark and everyone else was caseing there rifles and I was just getting ready to squeese off another group.They couldn't see.
The people I have converted.....
It grew on me on very expensive hunts when I had the opportunity,from time to time,to take shots in lighting conditions that in my mind I knew a lesser scope would fail me.
Over a long period of time I've pretty much come to the conclusion that although an aiming devise will get the job done.Great glass and hand built, build quality, make more than a "gnat's difference" TO ME.
Be warned.You buy one,your gonna end up like BobinNH.It will cost you.
Trust me.

dave

dave

Originally Posted by nyrifleman
Thanks Dave.
Last year in Alberta the outfitter warned us that there would not be time to employ binos, but to use the scope to judge antlers.

He was right. However to my aging eyes at 450 yards the Leupy 4.5x14 wasn't getting it done.

Those types of hunts are too valuable to me not to give myself every possible advantage.
Hence the S&B.

Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by CLB

P.S. I think you have BobinNH salivating right now. whistle

Heehee! That's funny!Well,see Dave has hunted Alberta with Russ Thornberry so understands that when they stick you on those fields,those rutting Alberta whitetails show without warning,are always on the move and don't stop in those fields unless a hot doe is holding them;they are always going from "here to there",and by the time you laze them, the distance has already changed,and this can be from 50 yards to as far as you can hit......time is of the essence;those bucks don't dilly-dally and neither should you.....ditto a lot of the larger mule deer that I've killed,which are distinctly different in behaviour from the younger one's that lolly gag in the open...

So I say laze when you can,but when you can't......I'd rather have Dave's machine in my mitts than a slow-poke round showing 18-20" of drop at the 400 yard mark...that rig will have one in him while the Western Extreme crowd is still doping distance...besides,where I hunt,there generally is not a camera crew and 4 observers with the Kestral Wind meters and a fleet of Swaro range finders behind me calling the shots....giving the obligatory "SEND IT" command....

To 500 yards and under(the distances most stuff is killed unless you deliberately put yourself further out,a practice common on TV or when peddling Hawkemyer Scopes)I can't think of anything better than what Dave has built,and few things as good.I also doubt that outfit is gonna contribute to a bull elk's life span grin

Like my buddy RinB says..."Trophy hunting is different...."

Nice goin',Dave! Great outfit! wink

All of it.
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/3584822/1

nyrifleman
I've actually had outfitters ask me to leave binos in camp.And the reason is just what you said.NO TIME.
Figure 10 seconds to see judge and kill um.
For an Alberta hunt
Schmidt & Bender is the only way to fly.

dave
Dave,

10 seconds was about twice the amount of time I had. I got into the habit of mentally counting how long it took those deer to cross the gas lines. 6 seconds was my max in a week's worth of hunting.
I'm betting, by looking at your rigs, that you and I hunt entirely differently. Eye relief is a premium, period.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The 1.5-6x42 Flash Dot will and has,done it all.

dave
I'm betting, by looking at your rigs, that you and I hunt entirely differently. Eye relief is a premium, period.

Scott, if you really want one,the Summit has as much pure eye relief as any Leupold variable,and likely more at the top end.Very similar to a Zeiss Conquest 3-9. Not trying to sway you one way or the other but just letting you know the Summit has plenty,if you have a bit of difficulty (like I do)adjusting to the 30mm's

The guy that was with me wants a scope for his 300 RUM as he preps for Africa; he liked the wide view at 2.5,and the eye relief as well.

This is just a great, no-nonsense, general purpose hunting scope,as straight-forward and useful as it gets.Really no larger nor more obtrusive than, say, a Leup 3.5-10.

i had the 1.5-6x42 klassik and it was good. I dropped it climbing a tree and then proceeded to nail 2 does @ 160 yards. However, the 3-12x42 S&B is "the" all-around scope. I prefer the 12x to the 6x and i dont miss seeing half of my barrel on 1.5x.
if dangerous game is involved then i would feel different
Originally Posted by SAKO75
...... the 3-12x42 S&B is "the" all-around scope. I prefer the 12x to the 6x and i dont miss seeing half of my barrel on 1.5x.
if dangerous game is involved then i would feel different

+1

dave
My favourite scope....S&B zenith 3-12x50...absolutely one of the best scope money can buy !

[Linked Image]
Nice set-up Konnari!!

That same scope will be going on my Sako 75 300 RUM as soon as I get it back. Its at GA Precision getting pillar bedded into a McMillan Sako 75 stock - should be done shortly.
7 I'm thinking.

I've had an 8x56mm S&B with an No7 reticule for a dozen years or so...Usually it sites on a .223 Rem for lamping foxes at night.

When I bought it, S&B were about 1/3 cheaper than Zeiss or Swaro in the UK; but not any longer....

Its a good scope and I've also used it on a 9.3x62mm firing rather warm 286grn loads, and it functioned fine....

The 8x56 can be had with a 1 inch or a 30mm tube.Im thinking the 30mm tube looks alittle less drastic than shrinking a 56mm obj down to 1 inch.30mm version would be able to use a lower ring height as well...Just sayen...

The distance between the centre line of the scope and the bottom of the objective will be the same regardless of whether its built on a 1" tube or 30mm, so tube size alone won't affect the height of the scope.

What might is the diameter of the ocular housing. I've had a few S&B's over the years and their ocular housing have changed, even with in the same range. I am betting (ok guessing!) the 30mm scope will have a larger ocular housing which may need higher mounts so the bolt handle clears...

For a scope like this JMHO would be to special order a No4 or a "hold your nose" No1 reticle.

What would the difference be between a sepecial order No4 and S&B No7? I thought S&B No7 was their version of the generic European No4 reticule???

Tend to agree with the comments about the illuminated reticule especially for night shooting; wish I had gone that route myself!
no S&B #7 is like a 4a not a true 4. posts come closer together with a true 4
Sako75,

Cheers for that...I was forgetting the distinction between the post spacing...

Just looked at some of the scopes I have here and I have S&B with both true No4 and No7...

Do you guys get the Hungerian built S&B's over in the US?

Regards,

Peter
no they do not ship the hungarian to the USA
Alright...alright! Dave7mm & 300mag you made your point. Im going to try one on my next rifle. Leaning toward the Klassic 3-12x42.
slg888
Your gonna hate us. smile
dave
Originally Posted by slg888
Alright...alright! Dave7mm & 300mag you made your point. Im going to try one on my next rifle. Leaning toward the Klassic 3-12x42.

They are like Lay's potato chips, you can't stop at one....
Pete E
Back in the late 90s S&B brought out there extended eye relief models.They were all variables.These scopes were limited to just a few power ranges and the rear ocular housing got about .080 thousands of an inch bigger in diameter.The pre classic scopes had about 3.2 inches of eye relief.The new ER scopes have 3.7 inches.Later S&B converted all there variable power models to the ER with the slightly bigger rear eye piece.
If you look at the current specs for fixed S&Bs the rear oculars are smaller than the variables.And they have less eye relief.Im thinking that fixed S&Bs eye piece, are all pretty much the same size diameter.
I much prefer the look of a 30mm tube on a 56mm obj scope.
As a 56mm obj scope with a 1 inch tube,to me,loooks like something a Nazi might throw from a slit trench.(potato masher) smile
You are right that the distance between the centre line of the scope and the bottom of the objective will be the same regardless of whether its built on a 1" tube or 30mm.Yes.
But if they are mounted to the exact same height.The 30mm tube version will .0905 closer to the top of the reciever.
I used to think I knew alot about S&B.And then I talked to Alex Roy this week......

dave
Pete E
But if they are mounted to the exact same height.The 30mm tube version will .0905 closer to the top of the reciever.
I used to think I knew alot about S&B.And then I talked to Alex Roy this week......
dave

I've not seen a 30mm fixed power...Do they offer more adjustment than the one inch models?

I have to confess I am thinking of selling my 8x56mm S&B...Since buying the PM11, I am a scope over so to speak, and I think my .223Rem might be better served with my 3-12x50mm Swaro with the illiminated reticule, but we'll see...
Here is another S&B scope that I love...the 1.5-6x42 with flashdot nr.7 its mounted on my Sauer 202 in 9.3x62

[Linked Image]

Well, after a long hiatus from S&B, I'm about to put a 4x Classic with a #9 on a .350 Rem mag.
Pete E

http://www.eurooptic.com/Schmidt-Be...ory=SF03&vendor=XXSB&parent=XXSB

I did not know S&B had a 30mm tubed 8x56 untill I started hanging out on the Euro Optics sight.I never took the 8x56 to serious as I detest the look of a 8x56 with a one inch tube.
This changes things up a bit.
I could not say about the adjustment range.I dought it would amount to much.

dave
Originally Posted by goodnews

Well, after a long hiatus from S&B, I'm about to put a 4x Classic with a #9 on a .350 Rem mag.

Be sure to put up pics.

dave
Konnari
IMHO the best scope made,period.

dave
I've decided to put that 3-12x42 on my 7mm Rem Mag. The rifle was built by Rifles, Inc. on a Winchester 70 Classic action. It's been a .5 MOA rifle since I bought it, and really deserves better glass than what currently sits atop.

The RUM will have to earn quality glass. For now I'll take the VXIII 3.5x10 that currently is in residence and use it to develop loads for new rifles. The Leupy has proven to be reliable and should serve well in that capacity.
Konnari
IMHO the best scope made,period.

dave

Not to give you a seizure but I sold my 4x36mm S&B in favour of my Meopta 4x32mm grin

Its a long story, but the Meopta had already proved its worth on a trip to RSA on my 9.3x62mm...I tried the S&B on the same rifle and for some reason I can't really put my finger on, I found I prefered and generally shot better with the Meopta.

So the S&B went to finance another purchase, and I'm looking at a Zeiss Victory 2.5-10x42mm for the 9.3x62mm, but I'm finding hard to justify after the x4 worked so well in RSA...
stoney(slg888),

It's about time you spend some of your moldy money!!!
Thanks Jeff. Your pal at www.eurooptic.com definitely has the best prices on scopes anywhere! His e-mail prices are much lower than his listed prices.

Going with the 3x12 klassic. New! I will never buy Refurbished crap from dealers again.
yes alex is good to go
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by slg888

They are like Lay's potato chips, you can't stop at one....

Take heed, it will not be your last, they are addicting. I once said that I'd never pay that much money for a scope, I bought one and suddenly I have 6....
Stoney,

Alex at Euro Optics can't be beat!! I'm glad I could help you out. You're gonna love your new S&B scope - no doubt!!
Spoke with Alex at a show on Saturday. He seems quite busy as usual. Straightforward a dealer as you can find nowadays .
© 24hourcampfire