Home
Has any one had to deal with zeiss on there warranty? First off i will say to my eye zeiss has the best glass i have looked threw. And i have had a bunch of name brand optics. I have the conquest and im having problems with it holding zero and adjusting my POI. Then when i fire a shot the sight picture goes blury. I have to adjust the side focus to clear it up. shot again same story second verse. So i tried to get call zeiss and left two messages. No call back. So i ended up sending it over night to the addy thats on zeiss web site. And i kept calling them. finally got to talk to one of the repair people and they said well the conquest has to go back to the factory and your looking at 6 to 8 weeks. Now to me this is BS on the time frame. Then she told me when they see the scope she will look at it and call me. Well its been 4 days and still no call. She did say they had a loaner program and i told her to get me a scope on the way then. I mailed it off last monday and i know its not been a week but she told me soon as it showed up she would call. I will be calling them tomorrow and i will up date post. But im wanting to see if any buddy here has had to deal with zeiss on warranty and how did it all go? Was you happy with the end results? What kind of time frame for your repairs.
Six to eight weeks to Germany sounds about right to me. I had a Swarovski spotter years ago that had to go back to Austria for repairs and it was the same time-frame, six to eight weeks.

You also have to realize hunting seasons are pretty much over for the year so it's a busy time with people sending their stuff in and you're not their only customer. Hell, most repairs here in the States take four to six weeks.
I hope their CS is decent.. I have one to send in this week!
I sent a conquest 3x9x40 in for repairs and it took 7 weeks to get it back.
I had an issue with a range finder that was replaced, no questions asked. Communication could have been better, I sent a couple of emails enquiring about progress(I presumed it would be repaired), and never received any replies and after 5 or 6 weeks, a new one arrived in the post.
I sent in a Conquest for warranty work on the lens coatings.It took 12 weeks to get the scope back,but it was like new.
I had a Conquest fail and had a new one within two weeks. I'd say that at the end of deer season they get slammed.
I had great experience with their CS. Sent a scope in to remove a speck of debris and in a week I had a brand new one. I agree with jetwrnch, right after hunting season is probably super busy.
I had a Conquest fail and had a new one back in 2 weeks.
What is it with all these Conquests going TU?

I had to send one back, too! A FIXED POWER no less! What is up with that!?

Gawd I hate scopes!

Gonna start scrounging again for old fixed Leupolds and Lyman All-Americans... friggin thngs never broke.... frown
I suspect failures are a very small part of total scopes built. I have never had a problem & have three. Its the same with Leupold's. I hear about all the failures, but they are a small fraction of total units built. I have had three Leupold's fail. Two were used on magnums that are ported & subjected to lots of use & abuse. One was a 6X with a broken reticle.
tbear: I know but I still hate scopes..... grin
Originally Posted by BobinNH
iron sights still work
I know what you mean. I've kept one old B&L 4X, one 3X, one old 4X and one 7.5X Leupold for that very reason. I've had both my old and new 4X Leupolds take abuse that I was certain had resulted in a busted reticle only to discover they hadn't even changed zero. E
I can't seem to find a reason to dump my antique Leupolds.
Except for the friction adjustments, which are seldom used.

stumpy
What is it with all these Conquests going TU?

I had to send one back, too! A FIXED POWER no less! What is up with that!?

Gawd I hate scopes!

Gonna start scrounging again for old fixed Leupolds and Lyman All-Americans... friggin thngs never broke.... frown

Next thing you know you will be scrounging up all the lyman and williams iron sights you can find grin
Hmmmm. My latest elk rifle has a Williams peep sight and no scope...... E
Originally Posted by Eremicus
Hmmmm. My latest elk rifle has a Williams peep sight and no scope...... E

If I could have back the eyes I had just 10 years ago I would like that combination
I know iron sight shooters well into their 70s and beyond.... takes CLOSE watch on your RX for vision but irons can be made to still work till you are at least very mature anyway.
Shipped in a monocular (Victory doubler) first of the year for repair. I knocked it off the bench and broke the plastic piece that fits in the bino eyepiece. Haven't heard anything yet, but hope to soon. Really hope it doesn't take 12 weeks to get back, but will probably sell it regardless when it gets home. Never used it and the one time I did I broke it.
I have yet to use them due to a failure... but I did send in a set of 10x40s to refurb after about 30 years of hard use... replaced all the lenses due to coatings being worn....

Lets just say you don't want to know how long that took.

Hasn't stopped me from adding more ponies to the stable though.
Had an issue with a pair of Zeiss binoculars that were my fault not a Zeiss issue (dropped them) and they repaired them in less than 4 weeks even with waiting on some parts since these were a very old set. Of the 6 or 7 scopes from Zeiss they have had ZERO problems.
Seems to me you shouldn't be "really disappointed" with Zeiss Customer Service until you've actually used Zeiss Customer Service and had a bad experience... that would be the fair thing anyway.
Originally Posted by deerhunterjj
What kind of time frame for your repairs.

6-8 weeks.

My 3.5-10x44 started acting weird after I'd shot it a bunch last Winter. Called Zeiss, they said 2-3 months, loaner etc..

I didn't want to screw with a loaner scope beings it was Febraury or March not October. Sent the scope in and got it back 2.5 months later?
It took at least 2 months but came back fixed with zero issues since.
Originally Posted by Brad
Seems to me you shouldn't be "really disappointed" with Zeiss Customer Service until you've actually used Zeiss Customer Service and had a bad experience... that would be the fair thing anyway.

Try getting ahold of someone in the service dept. They dont return calls and dont answer the phone. Yes i know they are busy but im sure someone is there to take calls. I had an issue with a leupold two years ago. And in less then a week it was back on the rifle. I sent it over night and thats how they sent it back to me. I would go to leupold but its just not the glass as zeiss is. Hell the swaro Z5 i had was as good as the zeiss but i would not say it was better. Zeiss scopes are excellent scopes this is the first problem i have had with them. Thanks for everyones responces.
mine was not a failure, but someone (I think) dropped it.
I sent my conquest scope in to Zeiss in mid December, 2010 to repair a stuck reticle. After not hearing from them, I called last week - got an answering machine, so I left a message to call me with status. After two days and no call, I called again - and again got an answering machine. This time , however a lady returned my call within several hours and said my scope was in their system, had been sent to the factory (in the US) and that it would take around 8 weeks. The jury is out til I get the scope back.

Although I am a longtime Leupold scope user, I really like the glass on the Conquest - however, in my 50+ years of hunting have never had a Leupold problem.
Send an email to karen, it may take a little bit but she will get back to you. It seems you can only deal with either Christy or Karen. And yeah, they don't answer the phone and I've never gotten a call back. I prefer Christy, of the 2 she has at least some personality. I believe they may have pulled Karen form teh NC DMV, they look for a special breed over there.

mailto:[email protected]

Only in regard to Leupold does their CS suck. Leupold CS is Gold plated and of the highest rank to me so it is an unfair comparison.

What pissed me off is that I missed a deer, the only coyote that's crossed my stand in 15 years of hunting and shot a buck in the face before I would believe my precious conquest was at fault. It was off by almost 1&1/2 feet. Wasn't even a year old.
Never had a Zeiss fail but i've sent in a couple scopes and binos to Zeiss customer service for tune ups. I've always had excellent service from them. 163bc

I hate them all as well. My experience with Zeiss service in the past has been very good, replacement scopes, two week turn around speaking to the National Sales Manager etc.... I sent my Diavari in about a month ago, in reality I do not expect it back before June! On the other hand to temper the "they have great service argument...this is the second time the Diavari has been in for the same problem....not holding zero.

If Leupold would simply go to a darker reticule and not as thick as the HD in their 4X and 6X scopes life would be good for me.
I will send an email to them. Has any one did the loaner scope thing? What did it involve and what steps to get a scope sent to me.
I had great service from them...sent in a 9 year old pair of bins and received a brand new set of Conquests within a week.....Sold them and bought a used set of SLCs with the money....Sent those in to Swaro and they gave me basically a new set back for FREE.....so my Swaros cost me $300:)

I'm happy!

Bruz
Originally Posted by deerhunterjj
I will send an email to them. Has any one did the loaner scope thing? What did it involve and what steps to get a scope sent to me.

Just ask for the loaner when you speak to them. I dealt with Karen.
I got a loaner from them once. A 6-24x72.
They ask for a credit card number (in case you forget to send the loaner back grin) and send the scope out. Took @ 3 days to get the loaner which was the same model I sent in for service. Cannot remember if they paid return shipping on the loaner but IIRC, they sent me a prepaid label.
I do remember that the process was painless.
I had a Conquest fail, brand new, wouldn't hold zero.
I was sighting in at the range, 4 days before opening day of firearms deer season in Michigan.(new gun)
I called customer service and had a new one, next day air, mounted and ready to go by opening day.
Great service. Haven't had a problem with it since.
Originally Posted by Bruzer
I had great service from them...sent in a 9 year old pair of bins and received a brand new set of Conquests within a week.....Sold them and bought a used set of SLCs with the money....Sent those in to Swaro and they gave me basically a new set back for FREE.....so my Swaros cost me $300:)

I'm happy!

Bruz

Its folks like this that make product price go up IMHO.
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Bruzer

I'm happy!

Bruz

Its folks like this that make product price go up IMHO.

Well since I must be "folks like this".....please elaborate as to what I did that would cause costs to rise? Please.
rost495,

Could it be he is jelous? blush
Originally Posted by Ringman
rost495,

Could it be he is jelous? blush

Ringman,

I'm not sure what might be Rosts problem other than a lack of Character. Where I come from you don't make comments about a person you don't know. And even if you do know them and disagree you convey it politely. Not that I feel obligated to explain but these were the series of events.

1) After 9 years my Zeiss fogged internally.

2) I sent them in fully expecting to pay for a repair.

3) I received a call stating that they (Zeiss) would rather send me a set of Conquest 8x30.

4) when I got the Conquests I did not like them so I sold them here for $600.

5) I then found a pair of very old Swarovskis for sale here for a little more than I received for the Conquests.

6) I called Swarovski and asked what it would cost for me to have the binos serviced IF I bought them. The lady said that they would probably qualify for the NEU upgrade at no cost.

7) I bought them and called in the serial number. They did in fact qualify for the upgrade.

8) I sent them in and in a couple of weeks received the Binos as well as a 4 page replacement receipt an a new serial number.

I was blessed to receive great customer service from 2 of the Alpha Optics companies. I did not deceive or abuse the system at all. Comments like the one above are idiotic at best and insulting in this case.

Robert
Didn't realize you replied until I saw your PM.

The intent there, and this is IMHO, so its worth what you paid for it or less.

I buy something use it hard for many years, then get it repaired, its not faulty gear, its wear and tear. Then to buy another brand after you get one repaired, sell it, recover money, even though they didn't charge when they should have.... well it sits sorely with me. Then you take the used/abused cheap pair and give em to Swaro and they fix for free.

You said it yourself, you took advantage of the system to get a high dollar set of binocs for 300 bucks.

That costs us all IMHO.

I did not know all the info there, thats true, but even with them paying for your repairs, thats part of what runs costs up on the product.

Of course, my apologies, honestly, you were not the one that decided not to charge... they did that.

Interesting enough that when I sent mine in a few years ago they charged me to refurb them.

Policies must have changed and that can be reflected in rising prices.

Pretty simple, but then again, I do apologize, you really had no control over it at all.

Gives one pause.. maybe instead of buying new we should all find old abused optics and take advantage of their free repairs. Not really the way I roll, but then again if I did buy used and sent in, I guess I'd pay whatever bill they sent or didn't.
Kinda like the price you pay for Leupold is a bit higher to cover the stellar and oftentimes unbelievably generous customer service.

I think it was Sitka who saw a Leupold get run over by a truck and crushed and Leupold replaced the scope for free.

This is not without cost to the manufacturer and ultimately the consumer.
Rost,

Apology accepted and I in turn apologize for losing my temper a bit.

If you notice on #2....I did not expect Free warranty service. I had hunted the original set of Binos hard and they failed from wear and tear and not a manufacturing defect. I was amazed that Zeiss wanted to replace them with the much more expensive Conquests. I tried very hard to like them......I posted here and elsewhere about the great service but in the end....I simply felt they were not nearly as clear and contrasty as the cheap Diafuns they replaced.

I tried to buy another set of Diafuns but in the process found an ad posted by GreatWaputi for the SLCs....the rest is described above. So no, I did not set out to abuse any system....it simply happened that I spent $300 10 years ago which resulted in a very nice new set of Swaros today.....I will not hesitate to buy optics (new or used) made by either company as I now know how well they take care of their customers.

Robert

Originally Posted by rost495
Didn't realize you replied until I saw your PM.

The intent there, and this is IMHO, so its worth what you paid for it or less.

I buy something use it hard for many years, then get it repaired, its not faulty gear, its wear and tear. Then to buy another brand after you get one repaired, sell it, recover money, even though they didn't charge when they should have.... well it sits sorely with me. Then you take the used/abused cheap pair and give em to Swaro and they fix for free.

You said it yourself, you took advantage of the system to get a high dollar set of binocs for 300 bucks.

That costs us all IMHO.

I did not know all the info there, thats true, but even with them paying for your repairs, thats part of what runs costs up on the product.

Of course, my apologies, honestly, you were not the one that decided not to charge... they did that.

Interesting enough that when I sent mine in a few years ago they charged me to refurb them.

Policies must have changed and that can be reflected in rising prices.

Pretty simple, but then again, I do apologize, you really had no control over it at all.

Gives one pause.. maybe instead of buying new we should all find old abused optics and take advantage of their free repairs. Not really the way I roll, but then again if I did buy used and sent in, I guess I'd pay whatever bill they sent or didn't.
I'm good if you are good.

As to nsaqam, yeah, I hear ya, but I"m getting tired of paying for everyone elses problems... but it is nice to have super service none the less.
I wouldn't have a bit of a problem if Leupold (and others) didn't automatically replace scopes for free which have been run over or otherwise completely abused if it meant the price would go down a bit.

I just don't abuse my stuff that bad and if I did run my scope over I would expect to have to buy a new one with my own money.

Sure can't blame folks for availing themselves of this largesse if it is offered.
I had conquest go bad a couple years ago. They sent me a new scope but it took about 12 weeks.
well Karen emailed me yesterday my Diavari has to go back to Deutschland, a few months I am sure.
I have a great report i did email the email address that a member posted in this trend and just asked if they had received my scope. And i was a little concerned because the lady i spoke with on the phone said she would call me as soon as it got there. And i wanted to find more out about the loaner program they had. I DID receive an email back within 24hrs from her telling me they did receive my scope and That it was going to be replaced with a new one. She said they were out of stock right now and it would be around 2 weeks. I sent an email back thanking her for responding and letting me know what was going on. It has been just over a week and my new scope showed up today. So im tickled with the way they took care of the issue and have no complaints what so ever once i got a hold of the right person. I want to thank everyone who has responded and shared the experiences. I hope they take care of everyone like they took care of me. And thank you to the fellow member who posted the email address. It did get a very quick responce and the issue was taken care of quickley.
To any one that is having an issue and you need to get answers look threw this trend and email the lady at zeiss. She will get back to you Quickly. Thanks again

Jimmyp sorry to hear that. Hope they get it back to ya quickly or replace it one.
© 24hourcampfire