Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Has any one had to deal with zeiss on there warranty? First off i will say to my eye zeiss has the best glass i have looked threw. And i have had a bunch of name brand optics. I have the conquest and im having problems with it holding zero and adjusting my POI. Then when i fire a shot the sight picture goes blury. I have to adjust the side focus to clear it up. shot again same story second verse. So i tried to get call zeiss and left two messages. No call back. So i ended up sending it over night to the addy thats on zeiss web site. And i kept calling them. finally got to talk to one of the repair people and they said well the conquest has to go back to the factory and your looking at 6 to 8 weeks. Now to me this is BS on the time frame. Then she told me when they see the scope she will look at it and call me. Well its been 4 days and still no call. She did say they had a loaner program and i told her to get me a scope on the way then. I mailed it off last monday and i know its not been a week but she told me soon as it showed up she would call. I will be calling them tomorrow and i will up date post. But im wanting to see if any buddy here has had to deal with zeiss on warranty and how did it all go? Was you happy with the end results? What kind of time frame for your repairs.

WANT TO BUY 22-250 AI BRASS PM ME WITH WHAT YA GOT AND HOW MUCH THANKS.
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Six to eight weeks to Germany sounds about right to me. I had a Swarovski spotter years ago that had to go back to Austria for repairs and it was the same time-frame, six to eight weeks.

You also have to realize hunting seasons are pretty much over for the year so it's a busy time with people sending their stuff in and you're not their only customer. Hell, most repairs here in the States take four to six weeks.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I hope their CS is decent.. I have one to send in this week!

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I sent a conquest 3x9x40 in for repairs and it took 7 weeks to get it back.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I had an issue with a range finder that was replaced, no questions asked. Communication could have been better, I sent a couple of emails enquiring about progress(I presumed it would be repaired), and never received any replies and after 5 or 6 weeks, a new one arrived in the post.

Last edited by Grunter; 01/09/11.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I sent in a Conquest for warranty work on the lens coatings.It took 12 weeks to get the scope back,but it was like new.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I had a Conquest fail and had a new one within two weeks. I'd say that at the end of deer season they get slammed.

Become one with nature, then marinate it!
http://windrockphotography.com
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I had great experience with their CS. Sent a scope in to remove a speck of debris and in a week I had a brand new one. I agree with jetwrnch, right after hunting season is probably super busy.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I had a Conquest fail and had a new one back in 2 weeks.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
What is it with all these Conquests going TU?

I had to send one back, too! A FIXED POWER no less! What is up with that!?

Gawd I hate scopes!

Gonna start scrounging again for old fixed Leupolds and Lyman All-Americans... friggin thngs never broke.... frown

Last edited by BobinNH; 01/10/11.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I suspect failures are a very small part of total scopes built. I have never had a problem & have three. Its the same with Leupold's. I hear about all the failures, but they are a small fraction of total units built. I have had three Leupold's fail. Two were used on magnums that are ported & subjected to lots of use & abuse. One was a 6X with a broken reticle.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
tbear: I know but I still hate scopes..... grin

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BobinNH
tbear: I know but I still hate scopes..... grin
iron sights still work

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I know what you mean. I've kept one old B&L 4X, one 3X, one old 4X and one 7.5X Leupold for that very reason. I've had both my old and new 4X Leupolds take abuse that I was certain had resulted in a busted reticle only to discover they hadn't even changed zero. E

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I can't seem to find a reason to dump my antique Leupolds.
Except for the friction adjustments, which are seldom used.

stumpy

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BobinNH
What is it with all these Conquests going TU?

I had to send one back, too! A FIXED POWER no less! What is up with that!?

Gawd I hate scopes!

Gonna start scrounging again for old fixed Leupolds and Lyman All-Americans... friggin thngs never broke.... frown

Next thing you know you will be scrounging up all the lyman and williams iron sights you can find grin

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Hmmmm. My latest elk rifle has a Williams peep sight and no scope...... E

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Eremicus
Hmmmm. My latest elk rifle has a Williams peep sight and no scope...... E

If I could have back the eyes I had just 10 years ago I would like that combination

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I know iron sight shooters well into their 70s and beyond.... takes CLOSE watch on your RX for vision but irons can be made to still work till you are at least very mature anyway.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Shipped in a monocular (Victory doubler) first of the year for repair. I knocked it off the bench and broke the plastic piece that fits in the bino eyepiece. Haven't heard anything yet, but hope to soon. Really hope it doesn't take 12 weeks to get back, but will probably sell it regardless when it gets home. Never used it and the one time I did I broke it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (2500HD, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,227 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,363
Posts18,506,380
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.