Home
Ive always had good luck with Leupold and Burris rings and bases but looking to try something new. Will be having a Redfield Revolution 3X9 40mm put on an older model Remington BDL. I hear lots to talk about Tally's and Warne, Any sugestions and advice is apprecated.

Thanks
How about conetrols or S&K's? As you know the leupy DD's will work great but you are looking for something different right...I'm assuming you meant remington BDL?
Burris signature rings with dovetails, and Leupold dovetail bases. Really hard to beat that combo.
I only use Talley Ltwts any more. They have been bulletproof for me, knock on wood. Ltwt lows would work for you.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
How about conetrols or S&K's? As you know the leupy DD's will work great but you are looking for something different right...I'm assuming you meant remington BDL?

Man, I really dig S&Ks, but mounting up a $175 scope with $115 worth of rings and bases just seems wrong! smile

I like Talley LWs, too, but only with Leupolds (or, I suppose, the Redfield scopes too). Conquest eyepieces are too large and square for me to get a scope far enough forward to get a decent view through the scope.

Of course, I am a bit of a genetic freak.
I've used most all of them with no problems. I like Warne bases and rings if you want to try a "Weaver" style set-up.
Talleys all the way
If you want light.. talley lightweights

If you want beefy one piece...DNZ

If you want normalgood looking... dovetail Burris Signature
Originally Posted by KDK
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Man, I really dig S&Ks, but mounting up a $175 scope with $115 worth of rings and bases just seems wrong! smile

I like Talley LWs, too, but only with Leupolds (or, I suppose, the Redfield scopes too). Conquest eyepieces are too large and square for me to get a scope far enough forward to get a decent view through the scope.

Of course, I am a bit of a genetic freak.

Ask for (and get) dealer pricing from Brownells and the price for the sweet S&K is closer to $75.
Then you'll have a set of bulletproof and classy mounts when you upgrade scopes in the future.
The talleys work great but are kinda ugly, I usually only use them on the rifles where I don't care how they look. The warnes look good and are extremely strong. Personally, I'd just put on some leupold dual dovetails and call it good, but if you want something different the warnes work great and look pretty good also.
noKnees has it pegged. My choice is Talleys all the way. You can turn them around to adjust for eye relief. The Deadnutz are butt-ugly to me, but look hell-for stout. Burris Sig. gives you the most options for adjustment, but have been hard to find.
For an inexpensive scope on a pedestrian rifle.....generic Weaver-style rings on generic Weaver-style bases.
Originally Posted by 257heaven
I only use Talley Ltwts any more. They have been bulletproof for me, knock on wood. Ltwt lows would work for you.

Another vote for Talley lightweights. I agree with the bulletproof part, although I'd rather not have proven it to myself... One of my rifles took a bad bounce and rather dramatic fall from a rack in a ATV. Rifle wasn't damaged. Scope (leupy) wasn't damaged. The Talleys weren't damaged either, but the two rear base screws sheared off and had to be (very carefully) drilled out. I was relieved that was the worst of it. Got everything remounted and damned if the rifle wasn't more than an inch off zero. Yes, I'm a fan of Talley.
No matter what bases, use Burris Signature rings. The scope will thank you.
I am a fan of Leo DD bases with Burris Sig rings, but for what you are mounting I agree with dawaba on this project
Originally Posted by inland44
Ive always had good luck with Leupold and Burris rings and bases but looking to try something new. Will be having a Redfield Revolution 3X9 40mm put on an older model Remington BDL. I hear lots to talk about Tally's and Warne, Any sugestions and advice is apprecated.

Thanks

If you are concerned with the weight of the rifle all up, the Warne Maxima rings + bases are heavier than Talley LWs. Neither are graceful in appearance but the Warnes are particularly chunky. I suspect that they are that way because they are sintered steel.

For a detachable mount, I would go with Weaver style 2 pc base and Burris Signature Zee rings. For non-detachable, Talley LWs.
© 24hourcampfire