Home
Looks interesting. Burris never disappointed. Expect them to expand that line.
where is there any info on this scope
Here's the only info I found.

Burris C4

WOW!!!!! finally a scope maker that is actually paying attention. did you also read where it said there is a windage reticle that ties into the turret?? now hopefully they didn't shoot themselvs in the foot by leaving off a zero stop setup.
Fullfields always had pretty nice tracking. Kinda wondering if this isn just a slightly upgraded Ffii with replaceable turrets.
Originally Posted by kraky111
Fullfields always had pretty nice tracking. Kinda wondering if this isn just a slightly upgraded Ffii with replaceable turrets.

I'll bet that's exactly what it is.
Still, $400 (at Cabelas) for the 4.5-14 isn't too bad.
Sounds like a great deal. Turrets and windage reference on the reticle. I may have to give the 3-9 a try. Would love to see them put the same features on a fixed 6x...

John
It looks like a Burris FFII E1 with a slight mod to the turret, not that is a bad thing.

My guess is we will hear a little more, maybe a release timed with SHOT.

Burris doesn't do MAP pricing so it will be interesting to see what they run for from the lower cost dealers or ebay.
Originally Posted by noKnees
It looks like a Burris FFII E1 with a slight mod to the turret, not that is a bad thing.

My guess is we will hear a little more, maybe a release timed with SHOT.

Burris doesn't do MAP pricing so it will be interesting to see what they run for from the lower cost dealers or ebay.

Yep, looks like the e1 with ballistic plex reticle, custom elevation turret and adjustable objective (4.5-14 model). Wonder why no side focus???? Looks like a good deal on a great scope..The burris FFII's have always been good to me, this one should be an excellent scope for the money as well...
I wonder if they made the E1 reticle go all the way to the edge? If in fact it's the E1 reticle of course. Kind of helps to have those bars in low light.
John - I'd buy one....if they beat Zeiss to a Conquest wink

Oh well, Leupolds never let me down.
Having second thoughts after looking at the E1 reticle. Was hoping for a more conventional reticle that had windage reference on the horizontal wire.

I would, however, think the glass would be very acceptable, based on the MTAC I just mounted on my AR.

John
Anybody know when these come out?
[Linked Image]
is there an image of the reticle out yet? is it the same as the EI or different?
is there an image of the reticle out yet? is it the same as the EI or different?

Different.

Getting a pic now.

The plex portion is gone, since you have the dial to correct elevation.

Hash marks on the horizontal now for wind.
[Linked Image]

A half inch more eye relief would be a nice upgrade.
Originally Posted by mathman

A half inch more eye relief would be a nice upgrade.

specs say optimum eye relief at 3.1 to 3.8"

Same as it ever was...
Oh well ...
I can deal with that reticle. I am ok with the eye relief too.. must be my short neck.
I would love to try one of the 30mm 9x's...
I can deal with that reticle. I am ok with the eye relief too.. must be my short neck.

Me too.

30-06 165gr SGK 2800fps.

Dial me up, Scotty.
Originally Posted by Tanner
I would love to try one of the 30mm 9x's...

Now you're talking grin
Having tha paralex adj up front vs. the side works better for us leftys.

LC
I've had good luck with Burris scopes. Great glass & very dependable.
I'll admit, these scopes look like winners! Finally someone out there is listening. I like the reticle has hold marks for windage too. Probably pick one of the 30mm versions up when they come out.
Drew, SportOptics has them and says they'll ship within 4-6 weeks. Pretty tempting...
Not sure why they have both a 1" and 30mm version. haven't seen the elevation travel specs on either model yet.
Found the specs for elevation...

3-9x30mm = 82moa
4.5-14x30mm = 66moa

3-9x1" = 52moa
4.5-14x1" = 42moa.

The 30mm tube looks like a no brainer!
scope is 17" long, getting close to a stargazing telescope in length
Not sure where you got that info. The Burris catalog states the 3-9 is 12.2", and the 4.5-14 is 13".

Tanner's been doing his homework wink
Looks like these are in stock......

Wish I'd thought to try one before I pulled the trigger on something else. I'm always willing to give Burris a good try.
Who has them?

John
SportOptics, Amazon, a couple others....
Thanks. Also found them at SWFA and Midway. Seriously thinking about giving a 30mm 4.5-14 a go...

John
I'm looking at the 30mm 3-9.

Be interested to see what you thought of one if you got it!
The eye relief spec gives me pause.
I'm seeing 3.2-3.9" for the 3-9. The FF IIs worked for me and shared that spec, I believe.
The 3.2" reminds me of the 3-9x33 Leupold which I don't like on anything with recoil, and I can't stand the look of back mounted scopes. Looking at a pic of Ingwe's Burris equipped rifles is nearly as bad as the pic of him pouring good whiskey into a glass full of ice. Fingernails on a blackboard I say. grin
I saw those specs too. Wouldn't want them on a hard kicker, that is for sure. I wonder if they are accurate?
No zero stop
I think the ffii is as great scope for the $! Just curious what has been improved on the c4. I hate sounding skeptical but a custom turret (if that is the only change) would be a pretty pricey upgrade.
I got one of the e1 in 2-7. It seems pretty solid but not as clear and bright as my redfield accurange.
I've not been bitten by no zero stop yet, so ain't skeered... grin I'm thinking that with it's internal adjustment limitations and since I use a 20 MOA rail that I probably won't be able to get a full turn lower than my elevation zero anyway. At least that was the case with my 4.5-14 Conquest. Though not designed that way, it worked...

I'm gonna give one of the C4s a try and report back. Purely for the benefit of my Campfire buds, of course... grin

John
This scope is $1000 less than most scopes that come with a zero stop. At the end of the day this is just an entry level scope with a turret. Cannot beat $300 assuming it tracks correctly.
From the pic on their website, there's 20 MOA per revolution. The 4.5-14 30mm has 66 MOA total travel. Using a 20 MOA rail, I've only got 13 MOA left going down, so I won't be able to get a full turn past my zero. Going up, you could mistakenly go a full turn too far I suppose... One turn will get me out to 800 yards.

John
I agree Hondo, I have never personally had the need for zero-stop. Hell, I can get to 500yds with my lowly swede with a zero degree base and only cranked to 9moa on the turret. A 20moa base and you would be golden.
Can't see much need for a zero-stop on a hunting rifle, to be honest. One 20 MOA turn would get any of my rifles damn close to 1,000.
I wonder how the turret cap attaches...I'm not to crazy about 3 set screws through the sides.
Don't know how many of you experienced how you change numbers on the e1. Its strange....the part of he turret cap that has the numbers on it rotates separate from the top of he cap. I use a rubber band as a sort of "mini strap wrench"....you wrap it around the mid section and rotate the numbers to where you want them.
I talked to them about that. C4 is completely different. Loosen the set screws, rotate the cap to align with the 0 index and retighten the screws. Same as my Leupold w/M1 was IIRC. The rubber band thing did not leave me with a fuzzy feeling...

John
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
From the pic on their website, there's 20 MOA per revolution. The 4.5-14 30mm has 66 MOA total travel. Using a 20 MOA rail, I've only got 13 MOA left going down, so I won't be able to get a full turn past my zero. Going up, you could mistakenly go a full turn too far I suppose... One turn will get me out to 800 yards.

John

Looked at the pic again and they are only 17MOA per revolution. Should still work the same way with a 20 MOA rail though. Still won't have a full revolution on the bottom end. What I don't like is one 17 MOA revolution will only get me to about 725...

Going to have to ponder this one a bit...

John
I don't wear a seat belt because I've never needed one......

I use to tell myself that there are no need for zero stops. I tried to convince myself of it because my beloved (at the time) Leupold didn't offer them. If Leup doesn't offer it I don't need it, right? Then came the day when I showed up at camp and a few long range greenhorns were banging steel at 800. It was an opportunity to show the kids how to do it so while they are hogging the bench I get prone and bang........no ringing of steel and impact no where in the zip code. I dial back to zero and shoot at 100 and completely miss the target. Finally it becomes obvious that the dial is a rotation off. To this day I have no clue as to how it happened. It was during deer season and I later killed a good buck. As embarrassing as it was, I was very fortunate to learn of my error on the range versus a critter. Since then, for me, zero stops or bust, though I have not made been able (financially) to make the conversion on all my rigs.

Being off a rotation will not likely cost anyone their life as lack of a seat belt might, so have at it!

BTW, manufactures won't incorporate zero stops until the consumer demands it. How many long range turrets did you see 10 years ago? I'm glad to see the Leup CDS with a stop even it limits travel to one revolution, and it looks like Zeiss has figured it out properly with the ASV, though I've yet to try one.
Amazing what you can do with a sharpie.
I hear ya. The index line on the turret body indicating zero was appropriately marked. The distance between the index lines is close enough to easily be misread if diligence is not used. I apparently was not very diligent. I take full blame. Heck, if I can't manage at the range imagine what I can screw up in the field when the rodeo starts.

I'm sure I could screw up with a zero stop too, but it would be much more difficult.

What I don't like is one 17 MOA revolution will only get me to about 725...

Going to have to ponder this one a bit...

John

Are you concerned with the MOA per revolution, or the total elevation? The 30mm model has 82MOA elevation.

I would obviously like zero stop, and I actually think zero stop makes more sense in a hunting situation, but we are talking about a $300 scope.
Concerned that one turn only gives 17 MOA and the turret has no hash marks or zero stop. Probably not that big a deal. My Conquest were the same way.

IIRC, the 30mm 4.5-14 only has 66 MOA total.

Have always wanted to try one of the SWFAs too, but I really like the reticle on this C4...

John
Concerned that one turn only gives 17 MOA and the turret has no hash marks or zero stop. Probably not that big a deal. My Conquest were the same way.

Zeiss thought it was a big deal, hence the new ASV with stops. I believe your concern is justified. Think about it, a devise made to spin multiple rotations but no solid indication of the original setting, when the original setting is what everything is based upon. Something about that sounds incomplete.
Hondo, do you mean hash marks under the turret? The turrets themselves have hash marks on both the MOA turret, and the CDS style turret.
Yes, hash marks under the turret so you can keep track of how many rotations you've spun. Talked with Burris CS and they said the C4 doesn't have it.

John
Got ya.
Anybody ask Burris if you can get a "clicker" in MOA only?

Is the windage "clicker" finger adjustable like the elevation "clicker".

Every time I read "clicker" on the website I thought of a lady standing in the kitchen with a "clicker" making her lap dog do stupid tricks.

BTW, the wind always blows 10 mph at 90 degrees to the bore making the windage MOA marks so valuable.
They come with MOA elevation knob. Not sure on the windage.

John
I looked at the target knob on my zeiss last night. It only goes to 18moa, so I don't think the burris at 17moa is a hindrance.
John

I mean an MOA marked turret with MOA only, in a larger font in lieu of CDS with small MOA font.
I don't guess I understand what you're asking. It comes with a turret that is marked in MOA only. When you get your come-ups, you provide Burris the info and they will make you a yardage based turret.

John
I guess I don't understand what the stock or as-shipped turret looks like.
[Linked Image]

Stock turret on the left, custom engraved from Burris on right.
Why is the custom engraved backwards?
Had a new guy runnin' the laser....grin
© 24hourcampfire