Home
I have a Zeiss Conquest Scope with 1 inch tube that is "fat" for the rings. It has a gap that is visible under the front ring when the scope is sat in. My Leupold scope doesn't do this. I pulled out the calipers and the scope body is a few thousands off 1.006? Now what can I do? I have a Leupold single piece mount on the Remington 700 short action and was attempting to use Leupold Medium standard 1 inch rings that the scope won't fit. Are there any other rings compatible with the Leupold base? Otherwise recommend rings and base please? Thanks.
Maybe a set of these:

http://www.burrisoptics.com/sigrings1.html

The inserts may give you a little squish room.
Thanks, much appreciated. I'm trying to set up a 5 r milspec in 308 for up to 600 yards? I have the Rapid Z 600 model and pondered if I need a 20 MOA base which would completely switch my base and rings to begin with?
If you're not going to use the reticle, but dial to hold on center at all distances instead, then the need for a tilted rail depends on the adjustment range of the scope.

You can use offset bushings in those rings I mentioned to build in "preloaded MOA tilt" the same way a rail base does.
Thanks for the help!
© 24hourcampfire