Home
Posted By: stxhunter Yeah He was a damn poacher - 12/31/20
but this is a good listen.

Posted By: kevinJ Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 12/31/20
Tag for later
Is that like the "prince of thieves"? Not much to be proud of...
King of Poachers, but hardly a road hunter and poaching in a setting that was more like a rebel in medieval times poaching the kings Private preserve than anything in America.
All proceeds from his books should go back to the ranches he poached on .
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by reivertom
Is that like the "prince of thieves"? Not much to be proud of...

Says Tom!

The REIVER!

LOL!

(Sorry Tom! Just jokin’ with ya!).
Got a buddy that needs to listen to this
The book is out of stock but I'd sure like to read it if someone has a book they'd like to sell.
Posted By: deflave Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/01/21
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
King of Poachers, but hardly a road hunter and poaching in a setting that was more like a rebel in medieval times poaching the kings Private preserve than anything in America.

How cute.
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
The book is out of stock but I'd sure like to read it if someone has a book they'd like to sell.

A guy from here sent me his, mailed it back to him after I read it, I'd have to go back through my pm's to find his user name.
I would love to kill some off the record bucks.

Can we start at rio7's place?
Tag
Originally Posted by deflave

Just go nine miles in on foot and avoid detection for up to three weeks at a time.

Makes for interesting reading.
Posted By: Texson2 Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/01/21
Known Charlie many years. Incredible God given ability and talent as taxidermist. I know a lot of nationally renown taxidermist, he has more talent in his little toe than all the others combined. I hear he’s a pretty good hunter. If you did it it’s not bragging. If you can pay attention to instead of believe jealous and judgmental you might just learn something. I’ve known several game wardens that were big time poachers and everyone knew it. Every profession has a deep state and sometimes you just have to have balls big enough to seek justice. Read his book, due your homework. Like him or hate him most of us wouldn’t make a pimple on his ass. He’s the real deal. How many of us can go off 30 miles into the Bush and live off the land for three weeks? There’s a few hunting celebrities that are probably hoping he doesn’t start naming names. Even Jesus Christ wasn’t perfect.
Posted By: ribka Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/01/21
Originally Posted by Texson2
Known Charlie many years. Incredible God given ability and talent as taxidermist. I know a lot of nationally renown taxidermist, he has more talent in his little toe than all the others combined. I hear he’s a pretty good hunter. If you did it it’s not bragging. If you can pay attention to instead of believe jealous and judgmental you might just learn something. I’ve known several game wardens that were big time poachers and everyone knew it. Every profession has a deep state and sometimes you just have to have balls big enough to seek justice. Read his book, due your homework. Like him or hate him most of us wouldn’t make a pimple on his ass. He’s the real deal. How many of us can go off 30 miles into the Bush and live off the land for three weeks? There’s a few hunting celebrities that are probably hoping he doesn’t start naming names. Even Jesus Christ wasn’t perfect.

elkslayer?

listened to about 10 min of the podcast . I have more respect for Joel olsteen or Jimmy swaggert

I knew a guy who was really good at making money. Could learn something from him. Of course he did kill people for a living, but who's to cast the first stone?
Originally Posted by 280shooter

I knew a guy who was really good at making money. Could learn something from him. Of course he did kill people for a living, but who's to cast the first stone?

Not me. knowledge is power, And pretty much anyone can teach you something.
Posted By: tzone Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/01/21
Low fence I bet.
King and Kennedy ranch are both hundreds of thousands of acres.
Posted By: MattMan Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/01/21
How many of us can go off 30 miles into the Bush and live off the land for three weeks?

Unless you’re in Alaska, none of us. There’s NOWHERE in the contiguous 48 states much more than 10 miles from the nearest road. If you find a spot that is, post up the coordinates.
Originally Posted by MattMan
How many of us can go off 30 miles into the Bush and live off the land for three weeks?

Unless you’re in Alaska, none of us. There’s NOWHERE in the contiguous 48 states much more than 10 miles from the nearest road. If you find a spot that is, post up the coordinates.

there is down here the ranches he poached are huge the King is over 800,000 acres, forgot how big the Kennedy is. easy to get that far from a paved main road, there will be ranch rds but if you're in there poaching you're not going near them, he went in on foot with his gear in a backpack.
MattMan is spot on. Huge ranches...but not contiguous to that extent. No way you are going 30 miles into the bush in the lower 48.
Posted By: MattMan Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/01/21
Originally Posted by stxhunter

there is down here the ranches he poached are huge the King is over 800,000 acres, forgot how big the Kennedy is. easy to get that far from a paved main road, there will be ranch rds but if you're in there poaching you're not going near them, he went in on foot with his gear in a backpack.

Post it up. If you’re 15 miles in, you went in the wrong f’n way. And other than western states, you probably crossed a road.
Posted By: atse Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/01/21
Originally Posted by JohnGlenn
MattMan is spot on. Huge ranches...but not contiguous to that extent. No way you are going 30 miles into the bush in the lower 48.

You can get pretty close in th Frank Church, plus its steeper than a cows face.....about as remote as it gets.

Just go nine miles in on foot and avoid detection for up to three weeks at a time.

There are plenty of places in the United States that you can do that legally.

I don't see any point in his endeavor.

Remote trail cams would make it more difficult now. The same with thermal from a chopper. I have looked down in heavy timber from a chopper with a thermal scope. Heat signatures are fairly easy to see.
Posted By: 673 Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/01/21
So, is this fellow in prison, still poaching, living the dream, what?
Originally Posted by atse

Remote trail cams would make it more difficult now. The same with thermal from a chopper. I have looked down in heavy timber from a chopper with a thermal scope. Heat signatures are fairly easy to see.
they used choppers with thermal to try to find him at night he had a foil-lined tarp he would sleep under. wouldn't build fires.
Ya, I saw that. He was hard core for sure. I wonder if the thermal capabilities have improved since then? Not sure when he was hunting those ranches last.

In an area with almost no public land to speak of amid huge landholdings I would guess that hopping fences was not an uncommon practice among the local working class stiffs. As noted, before the era of trail cams and thermal cameras.

Heck, we have had poachers going after deer and hogs with firearms, crossbows, bows and even dogs well inside the city limits right here in San Antonio along the undeveloped flood plains.

With respect to antlers it does seem a puzzle to me that people would run big risks and/or pay serious money while obsessing over large antlers but, since I once drove 2,000+ miles to find a Connecticut warbler I ain’t gonna judge 🙂

If ya wanna hate on that Prince of Poachers guy IIRC from reading his book years back he also poached on at least one occasion in West Texas and New Mexico (unless that was another book, pretty sure it was him).

Jimmy Buffet sang about smuggling weed, in “Rocky Top” Lynn Anderson sung about murdering strangers and Federal Agents to protect the moonshine trade (when I first heard that song on Hee Haw it made my blood run cold grin ) I’m pretty sure most everyone who likes those songs is against weed smuggling and murder.

The appeal of the Poachers guy is his extraordinary feats of endurance, hunting and woodcraft as well as the snapshots of life in South Texas.

Doesn’t mean ya gotta approve of what he did or feel bad that he got caught. Seems like he sure got off light.
Ya, I saw that. He was hard core for sure. I wonder if the thermal capabilities have improved since then? Not sure when he was hunting those ranches last.

`````````````````70s and 80s into the early 90s if I remember right, 6yr break in there.

In an area with almost no public land to speak of amid huge landholdings I would guess that hopping fences was not an uncommon practice among the local working class stiffs. As noted, before the era of trail cams and thermal cameras.

Heck, we have had poachers going after deer and hogs with firearms, crossbows, bows and even dogs well inside the city limits right here in San Antonio along the undeveloped flood plains.

With respect to antlers it does seem a puzzle to me that people would run big risks and/or pay serious money while obsessing over large antlers but, since I once drove 2,000+ miles to find a Connecticut warbler I ain’t gonna judge 🙂

If ya wanna hate on that Prince of Poachers guy IIRC from reading his book years back he also poached on at least one occasion in West Texas and New Mexico (unless that was another book, pretty sure it was him).

Jimmy Buffet sang about smuggling weed, in “Rocky Top” Lynn Anderson sung about murdering strangers and Federal Agents to protect the moonshine trade (when I first heard that song on Hee Haw it made my blood run cold grin ) I’m pretty sure most everyone who likes those songs is against weed smuggling and murder.

The appeal of the Poachers guy is his extraordinary feats of endurance, hunting and woodcraft as well as the snapshots of life in South Texas.

Doesn’t mean ya gotta approve of what he did or feel bad that he got caught. Seems like he sure got off light.

^^^^This

`````````````````70s and 80s into the early 90s if I remember right, 6yr break in there.

Of course it could go both ways. Imagine if he would have has an accurate suppressed rifle, and thermal, or night vision of his own. The sky would have been the limit.....practically was anyway.
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/01/21

Bob Marshall Wilderness for starters.

I would think you could in the CMR as well.

Guess it also depends on how you define roads. There are expanses in the high desert that are miles and miles from a county road, let alone a state highway. There may be old 2 tracks or ranch trails, but a long ways from a road.

I would suppose you could also get that far away from roads in ynp.

lol

Where do you live/hunt?
living down there, i think you could get 15 miles EASY from a paved road especially east of 77 in the sand country but i doubt a ranch road or 2 track.
i know i went in there once with an employee to fish the laguna madre and we went thru 31 gates before we smelled salt and it was a few hours carefully observing the ranch speed limit

used to be lots of guys slip into them ranches when i was a young man in the 80-90's but i dont know about now too many border patrol and oil field traffic. folks who arent from there cant understand theres familys that own land far as you can see and a 10k acre place is a "hobby ranch"

some of those familys and ranches even thoink they own the tide flats and navigable waters and patrol it as such, the game wardens pretty much do what the ranches say in exchange for a few trips a year
Can't even find the book on Ebay, does anyone have any ideas on where I might find a copy of the book?
Originally Posted by Tarkio

Guess it also depends on how you define roads. There are expanses in the high desert that are miles and miles from a county road, let alone a state highway. There may be old 2 tracks or ranch trails, but a long ways from a road.

I would sure like to know where a person could get 10 miles from a road in the CMR. 3-5 maybe depending on how roads are counted. If we are talking 2 tracks that count as county or refuge roads probably not even that far.
Can't even find the book on Ebay, does anyone have any ideas on where I might find a copy of the book?

try here on his sight. https://princeofpoachers.com/
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/02/21

they used choppers with thermal to try to find him at night he had a foil-lined tarp he would sleep under. wouldn't build fires.

Sounds like he got his jollies giving the finger.

That I understand.

Allagash wilderness in maine.
Posted By: deflave Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/02/21

Guatemalan's that can't spell "cat" have that problem sorted out.

I'd think most anglo's could too.

I don't see his accomplishments as any form of accomplishment.
Spoken by a true expert on the lack of accomplishment.
Originally Posted by gunswizard

gunnotawizard,

I believe this was 20 miles IN.

Your turn.

LOL

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Sounds like he got his jollies giving the finger.

That I understand.

Yeah me too.

Let's go poach JamesJr's place.

LOL
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter

I would sure like to know where a person could get 10 miles from a road in the CMR. 3-5 maybe depending on how roads are counted. If we are talking 2 tracks that count as county or refuge roads probably not even that far.

If you count winter I would say that's easy.
Shoot, half of Wyoming is nowhere near a decent road.
Posted By: Angus55 Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/02/21
I went to school with Charles, always kind of a loner, but in ninth grade he was making close to 20-k a year with his taxidermist, he was the best bird man in Texas. I remember thinking that may be more than my Dad at GD made, I always liked Charlie because he new his hunting, I know ,was raised on Ranch. I saw him last year at 45 reunion, he was sorry about the poaching in his life. but what a rush.
Originally Posted by Angus55
I went to school with Charles, always kind of a loner, but in ninth grade he was making close to 20-k a year with his taxidermist, he was the best bird man in Texas. I remember thinking that may be more than my Dad at GD made, I always liked Charlie because he new his hunting, I know ,was raised on Ranch. I saw him last year at 45 reunion, he was sorry about the poaching in his life. but what a rush.

Is he white trash?

Or just motivated?
ive got a copy of the book if anyone wants to read it id sent it out
its a good read albeit needed a editor who could lay out pages and spell

shoot me a pm if you wanna read it
Posted By: ribka Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/02/21

The frank church. Middle fork of the Salmon river

Originally Posted by renegade50

Allagash wilderness in maine.
Posted By: Texson2 Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/02/21
Like everything else, so many wannabes and experts want to pass judgement. Not for me to say. Charlie will have his judgment day before God.
I tell folks I had the worst three hobbies in the world. Hunting, Horses and Women. Been a helluva a lot of fun and hopefully I ain’t done yet. Hard for me to condemn a man who’s passion is hunting and chasin pussy. Give em hell Charlie, you did it brother and did it your way. Pass all the judgement you want but y’all haven’t heard his really good stories and probably never will . He’s already wrote a second book.

JFC.... really?

Damn. You ever been to Texas?
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/02/21
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter

If you are talking a paved road, no problem. If you are talking a county road, I think you could still get that far in, at least travel miles. Maybe not as a crow flies, but the track it would take to hike down into maybe billy creek or west of snow creek on the shore.

Damn. You ever been to Texas?
Posted By: DMc Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/02/21
Hey Roger, thanks for posting this. Having lived in Harlingen a few years, I was aware of an illegal Nilgai, (hog & deer) hunting operation that poached the Laguna Madre side of the King Ranch. One thing I never really understood was how some of those barrier islands were also habitat for Nilgai, deer, hogs, AND rattlesnakes! How the fug did they get out there? Hard to believe any animal would swim a mile or more.
Most remote place in lower 48 is in Yellowstone NP
21.7 miles from the nearest road.
Googled it so don’t know how accurate
But just real simple math........
I mean.....big ranches........a radius of 30 miles is.......1.8 million acres.........plus an extra 9000 or so acres
But just saying 1.8 million is enough
Posted By: battue Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/02/21
Have known a few that played the game, not as well, but were players..country relatives for the most part....They understood QDM on Does before the Tecamonte crew had a clue..

There was a time In Pa you could see 100 Deer a day, and for decades the GC only allowed one Doe tag...then the GC found discovered QDM and passed them out like candy..

Here farmers can shoot as many as they want for crop damage..day or night, Bucks or Does..and not required to save the meat and it’s all fine..

One could get 3 to 4 miles in Pa with a little planning, if you don’t count old worn out logging trails....10 wouldn’t be hard in other States..
For reference, Kodiak Island is 3,595 square miles, second in size (of US islands) only to the Big Island... it is impossible to be more than 25 miles from saltwater...
One would think this ahole is anathema to everything Fire folk hold dear but I guess not.
Link shows books out of stock. I think it would be a interesting read.
One noted poacher that hung around the family had a rifle that looked like it was beat with a ball peen..first time I saw it I asked, “Tom what the hell did you do with that rifle?” He replied, “If you had been thrown out of a vehicle as many times as that rifle, you wouldn’t look to good either.”

Wore a Leupold...hmmmm

Addition : The old white lightening and poacher crews always had some great stories to tell...😀

Addition 2: a farmer was gut shooting every Deer he could catch in his corn...one day he went to town and when he returned to his truck somehow it found a way to be on its side..nobody knew how, but he had been told...

Different times, something some fail to understand when they pass their judgements...
Originally Posted by 19352012
One would think this ahole is anathema to everything Fire folk hold dear but I guess not.

I’d be curious to know what economic effect, if any, his poaching had on the mega-ranches he poached. Not including the cost of flying the aircraft and other measures taken to apprehend him.

‘Nother thing I’d like to know is how dangerous or not this poacher apprehension work was regarded by those tasked to do it. IIRC the ranch owners mostly turned such tasks over to the Game Wardens.

Finally, again IIRC the guy in his book made no mention of running into illegal immigrants or smugglers back then. Might be that the places he poached weren’t on those routes.
The could price those deer at any amount they wanted civilly but the state uses a standard replacement amount plus I believe so much per inch?

I think he seemed more afraid of Mr Tom East and the cowboys than the wardens. Lots of cases of missing hunters in that country back in the old days.
Many here don't want to go back to the good old days....even tho they constantly cry about it....and some don't have a clue what they were..

HS friend got caught stealing a coke out of the old mill town gas station machine..."Horse" the owner chased him up the street and caught him in front of the local policeman...Who asked him what was going on...Horse told the story and Jimmy asked him if he wanted him to handle it....Horse said he would take care of it...Took him back to the gas station and gave him a couple squirts up the ass with the grease gun and then gave him a free coke and sent him on his way.. In addition: "Bieb" was black....Imagine that today.... :grin But color wasn't the issue...white or black it would have been the same...

Another who was in the shower called the football coach an ahole...didn't know the coach was in the locker room and heard it...Happened to be a big hot headed Serb, who went into the shower with his clothes on and adjusted his attitude...

Nothing came of it...

Yeah, its better to pay taxes on land valued at 35 cents an acre and be able to charge $25,000 to someone to let them shoot one of the peoples of Texas deer. Trespess fee to hunt, my ass. Those with money get to charge to shoot a deer by the size of the rack, regardless if it is legal or not.

Oh, if you kill a big deer your trespass fee is much higher than it is to trespass and shoot a doe, but they are just charging a tresspass fee. Wink.
Much different from King Georges hunting preserve or Hitlers? Oh yes, I forgot, here in America its the peoples deer. Wink.

I’d be curious to know what economic effect, if any, his poaching had on the mega-ranches he poached. Not including the cost of flying the aircraft and other measures taken to apprehend him.

‘Nother thing I’d like to know is how dangerous or not this poacher apprehension work was regarded by those tasked to do it. IIRC the ranch owners mostly turned such tasks over to the Game Wardens.

Finally, again IIRC the guy in his book made no mention of running into illegal immigrants or smugglers back then. Might be that the places he poached weren’t on those routes.

We pay those Game Wardens well to protect the rancher's, uh people's state owned deer.

Ranchers of huge spreads who make money off the peoples deer should also have to let a lottery select hunters to take just as many of THEIR deer.

Due to the way its done, the numbers of hunters who get to hunt out of the normal population will decline to the point the only people with a vested interest will become a few rich and entitled and then real hunting will go the way of the passenger pigeon.

Thats why hunting has denigrated to sitting in a blind over a feeder as it has on private land. The big land owners seek to make as much money as they can off hunting and in effect, sell deer, not trespass fees. Small landowners are forced to use supplemental feeding to keep deer on their place or have them sold, i mean shot, off the neighbors property in winter when food is scarce.
Another interesting read about some who were on the other side...when times were different..
The Waterfowl history of the Eastern Shore has its stories....

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-outlaw-gunner-harry-m-walsh/1136591817
I want to poach on rio7's land just to annoy him.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/02/21

When you do plan on being buried here. Rio7
Well it looks like that may not go over so well....Tell you what, next season you can poach on mine...however, it would be a good idea to get in on the first wave if you are set on a Buck....
Originally Posted by RIO7

You're too old to catch me.
Posted By: jimy Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/02/21
Originally Posted by battue
Another interesting read about some who were on the other side...when times were different..
The Waterfowl history of the Eastern Shore has its stories....

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-outlaw-gunner-harry-m-walsh/1136591817

That book is a great read, Linesville used to have a great "Ducks Unlimited" weekend in September. with Pymatuning being the back drop, it was a great weekend, but like everything times have changed.
Well it looks like that may not go over so well....Tell you what, next season you can poach on mine...however, it would be a good idea to get in on the first wave if you are set on a Buck....

I appreciate the invite but I only poach in Texas.

Catching bottom feeders ain't hard, just like cat fish all mouth no brains. Rio7

Catching bottom feeders ain't hard, just like cat fish all mouth no brains. Rio7

Schit kickers that inherited daddy's hard work are no match for Flave.
Another is the Waterfowl festival in Easton, Maryland.....The Eastern Shore old traditions, guns, art, Dogs, Eastern shore food....Only problem is the crowds..

I'm a BASTARD, No father, made on my own, no working for the taxpayers. Rio7
Another is the Waterfowl festival in Easton, Maryland.....The Eastern Shore old traditions, guns, art, Dogs, Eastern shore food....Only problem is the crowds..

Can you think of a nice place to poach duck?

I'd like to write a book about it.

I'm a BASTARD, No father, Rio7

There's a surprise.

LOL

Nothing you do or say suprise's me. Rio7

Nothing you do or say suprise's me. Rio7

I can’t wait to write my book about killing your deer.

Can you think of a nice place to poach duck?

I'd like to write a book about it.

You want nice, then the Pittsburgh Zoo would be nice.....Also more of a challenge if you are up to it....While you are at it you can probably get a Monkey or two also....Best get them first. or they may make enough noise to ruin the sneak....I'd recommend you go in light, make the first shot count, and will most likely have to swim to make your own retrieve....Make one heck of a read....
Thanks, battue.
Posted By: 79S Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/02/21
Many here don't want to go back to the good old days....even tho they constantly cry about it....and some don't have a clue what they were..

HS friend got caught stealing a coke out of the old mill town gas station machine..."Horse" the owner chased him up the street and caught him in front of the local policeman...Who asked him what was going on...Horse told the story and Jimmy asked him if he wanted him to handle it....Horse said he would take care of it...Took him back to the gas station and gave him a couple squirts up the ass with the grease gun and then gave him a free coke and sent him on his way.. In addition: "Bieb" was black....Imagine that today.... :grin But color wasn't the issue...white or black it would have been the same...

Another who was in the shower called the football coach an ahole...didn't know the coach was in the locker room and heard it...Happened to be a big hot headed Serb, who went into the shower with his clothes on and adjusted his attitude...

Nothing came of it...

So “horse” sodomized a guy with a coke bottle for stealing some sodas??
👍
One noted poacher that hung around the family had a rifle that looked like it was beat with a ball peen..first time I saw it I asked, “Tom what the hell did you do with that rifle?” He replied, “If you had been thrown out of a vehicle as many times as that rifle, you wouldn’t look to good either.”

Wore a Leupold...hmmmm

Addition : The old white lightening and poacher crews always had some great stories to tell...😀

Addition 2: a farmer was gut shooting every Deer he could catch in his corn...one day he went to town and when he returned to his truck somehow it found a way to be on its side..nobody knew how, but he had been told...

Different times, something some fail to understand when they pass their judgements...

Nothing came of it...

Sodomy with a grease gun is one of those things you just don’t see any more.
Originally Posted by 79S

Nothing came of it...

So “horse” sodomized a guy for stealing some sodas??

I’m pretty sure sodomy is a day-to-day thing in that state.

Wore a Leupold...hmmmm

Nothing came of it...

Yeah kind of a lost art.. it’s what kept America honest..
Originally Posted by 79S

Nothing came of it...

So “horse” sodomized a guy for stealing some sodas??

Wasn’t looked at it that way back then....but you would be correct.
So “horse” tied this dude up pulled his pants down lubed his ass up with grease and raped him with a coke bottle?? Talk about justice..
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/02/21

[/quote]

Yeah kind of a lost art.. it’s what kept America honest..
[/quote]

That’s some funny sh#t right there.. Did he ever come back for another Coke? Asking for a friend.

This beats the Miss Lynn thread all to hell....

The illegals traveled on the west side of hwy 77, and the guided pay hunters hunted on the west side of 77. My guess is Charlie hunted the east side of hwy 77.
I was perhaps 10....walking down the street, and again the local policeman asked if I would go over to Arlotties bar and get a couple cases and run them down to Vaccaro’s-look up the name if you like-where they ran a card game from when the mill let out on Friday until Monday morning.

“Make sure they give you at least a quarter and don’t play it all on a number.”

Make it Sonny Vaccaro.

Some of the stuff that goes on here shows how things have changed.

And the local house Doc would grab us off the streets and give is our vaccinations. “I’ll collect
from your parents.” And then we have today.

That Doc was born in that house, came back and spent his entire practice out of it, and died in it.

Originally Posted by 79S
So “horse” tied this dude up pulled his pants down lubed his ass up with grease and raped him with a coke bottle?? Talk about justice..

No, he just got a squirt and then sent on his way with a coke.

Horse didn’t have to tie anyone up...they didn’t call him horse for no reason.
Posted By: ribka Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/02/21
Originally Posted by gunswizard

gunnotawizard,

I believe this was 20 miles IN.

Your turn.

LOL

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

looks like the china wall in the Bob. beautiful country

Road horses back 18 miles into Hell Roaring in YNP. Gorgeous country
I’m sure gunwizard has that beat.

LOL
Hmmmmm all the talk of remote areas went away........
Originally Posted by 257_X_50
Hmmmmm all the talk of remote areas went away........

Go walk from one side of the King to the other and then get back to us. 😁
Originally Posted by Whitebird

JFC.... really?

The Thoroughfare in Wyoming just below Yellowstone.

That there’s the other side of the coin: How to keep trespassers off a place so big. Especially when they’re gonna presume to start shooting stuff

The illegals traveled on the west side of hwy 77, and the guided pay hunters hunted on the west side of 77. My guess is Charlie hunted the east side of hwy 77.

Makes sense; east side of 77 yer gonna end up in Corpus. OTOH I recall stories from more recent years of speedboats up from Mexico dropping drugs off at night to guys waiting on S Padre. Dunno how prevalent that was or whether it crossed over the laguna to the mainland.
Back to the original post. I remember when he got busted. His main gig was "guiding" "hunters" at night. A buddy would drop them off, where they would head off the road for a few days (trespassing, of course). They would hide by day and rattle at night, using night vision

As far as remote places are concerned...there are all kinds. There are locations where being 50 yards off the road is more dangerous than being 50 miles off others.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Back to the original post. I remember when he got busted. His main gig was "guiding" "hunters" at night. A buddy would drop them off, where they would head off the road for a few days (trespassing, of course). They would hide by day and rattle at night, using night vision

As far as remote places are concerned...there are all kinds. There are locations where being 50 yards off the road is more dangerous than being 50 miles off others.

What a hero.
I want to poach on rio7's land just to annoy him.

Many have tried, many have die....,uh,decided never again.

Make his day. His 30-30 ain't too slow.

You been hanging with too many bros, Col. grin

I see.them on U tube all the time trying to outrun popos gun.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Make his day. His 30-30 ain't too slow.

You been hanging with too many bros, Col. grin

I see.them on U tube all the time trying to outrun popos gun.

Yeah I’m sure.

You been hanging with too many bros, Col.
Originally Posted by 79S

I think.leroys hero the Zero could probably tell some bedtime stories.
Fugg with a real Texan on his property, and he will plant you there. For your own safety, you need to understand and remember that.
Posted By: deflave Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/03/21
Originally Posted by sharpsguy
Fugg with a real Texan on his property, and he will plant you there. For your own safety, you need to understand and remember that.

Geeze.
F around and find out is all I can tell you
Anyone from this country knows the west side is no bueno. East in the sand you might pull it off if you are lucky. That country west of 77 is eat slap up with BP

There are a lot of places in the lower 48 that one can get 30 miles or more from the nearest road. Hell, in this state I could take you places that you’d easily be at least 50 miles from any road....starting in the North Cascades Wilderness

Once you’ve made the easy walk to the road, which obviously can’t be far, I’ll take you to as many other remote spots >30 miles as you’d like. I believe that if in the unlikely event that you made it out of the North Cascade you’d be a believer...😉
Posted By: SKane Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/03/21

This. Is. Awesome. laugh
Posted By: SKane Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/03/21

And yet folks aren't connecting the dots that book proceeds put money in the crooked bastid's pocket.
It'd be easy to empathic toward Beaty but I see little difference between him and some fine lad from the hood stealing from honest citizens.

[bleep] that guy. smile
Posted By: battue Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/03/21

Hoss, us real Pa boys always carry a grease gun and a coke bottle....you need to remember and understand that...
We've got poachers all over the place around here. It's a family tradition passed down from generation to generation. Some do it for many years without ever getting caught. Most Country residents don't worry about it a hell of a lot and many won't even report it. We've got a family up the road here that is known for it.
Originally Posted by Blackheart
We've got poachers all over the place around here. It's a family tradition passed down from generation to generation. Some do it for many years without ever getting caught. Most Country residents don't worry about it a hell of a lot and many won't even report it. We've got a family up the road here that is known for it.

That's what I'm talking about.

It's time for guy's like Rio7 to stop being so selfish.

I wanna poach the schit outta that place.
Originally Posted by SKane

And yet folks aren't connecting the dots that book proceeds put money in the crooked bastid's pocket.
It'd be easy to empathic toward Beaty but I see little difference between him and some fine lad from the hood stealing from honest citizens.

[bleep] that guy. smile

Don't be ridiculous.

It's impossible to get out into the country by legal means.

Poach or bust.
Posted By: jimy Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/03/21

You dumbf~ck , he isn't talking about tapping your sister behind the outhouse because its the weekend of her birthday !

That's what I'm talking about.

It's time for guy's like Rio7 to stop being so selfish.

I wanna poach the schit outta that place.
if more people poached or were allowed to hunt his land he wouldn't need to shoot 300 deer off it himself every year.
Same here...and it used to be the GC would work a report hard....doesn’t seem to be the case today. Exception being if someone bushwacks an Elk....then it is front page and all hands on..

Used to be you would often read about a crew of Deer poachers being caught....for some reason it is rare now.

Now they are more concerned with getting good PR with the Eagles, Hawks, etc.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/03/21
As Blackheart said, poachers are everywhere. There was a fellow here, CH, who for years was known as the number one poacher of whitetail deer, and someone every game warden in the area was after. He'd use old junky azz cars that he'd paid only a few hundred dollars for, and abandon them if he had to, in case the law got after him. He'd then report them stolen, and he got away with it, partly because he was friends with a lot of the LEO's. He and some of his hunting buddies poached some very good bucks.

One of his buddies had been friends in the Navy with a fellow from Florida who'd become wealthy. They talked the Florida man into leasing a lot of hunting land up here, then they poached it when he wasn't around...........lol. Those dyed in the wool poachers don't give a damn about anything except killing something illegally.
Originally Posted by jimy

You dumbf~ck , he isn't talking about tapping your sister behind the outhouse because its the weekend of her birthday !
I didn't have a sister so me and my brothers and cousins all fuucked yours.
Originally Posted by JamesJr
As Blackheart said, poachers are everywhere. There was a fellow here, CH, who for years was known as the number one poacher of whitetail deer, and someone every game warden in the area was after. He'd use old junky azz cars that he'd paid only a few hundred dollars for, and abandon them if he had to, in case the law got after him. He'd then report them stolen, and he got away with it, partly because he was friends with a lot of the LEO's. He and some of his hunting buddies poached some very good bucks.

One of his buddies had been friends in the Navy with a fellow from Florida who'd become wealthy. They talked the Florida man into leasing a lot of hunting land up here, then they poached it when he wasn't around...........lol. Those dyed in the wool poachers don't give a damn about anything except killing something illegally.

They sound very southern.
Same here...and it used to be the GC would work a report hard....doesn’t seem to be the case today. Exception being if someone bushwacks an Elk....then it is front page and all hands on..

Used to be you would often read about a crew of Deer poachers being caught....for some reason it is rare now.

I wish folks would start poaching eagles and hawks in a big way.
I personally saw a case were the “professional courtesy” rule of law was applied and only a warning was given for failure to tag..
I had a relative in NY close to the NJ State Line, House abutted a wooded area. Deer were and are abundant. He would shoot a few every year, for the meat, just wouldn’t bother tagging them as it was a short drag back to his yard. That was common back then, prob’ly more suburbanites living there now more likely to call the Cops about the gunfire.

Now black bears are a problem in that area, other places they get shot too.

I wish folks would start poaching eagles and hawks in a big way.

This
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Depends. Some have had elaborate butcher shop set ups and do it for money.

Others do it as they like hunting and trying to get big racks, as was the case with Charley. That's not possible in areas with a lot of small land holdings and is pretty well limited to Nat Forests or Parks and big private spreads.

Now, a lot of folks, especially Hispanics working for electric co. pipe lining, oil industry will shoot to eat any deer with hair and sometimes calves also.
Not the case in Pa...Some huge Buck heads have come out at night from suburban home developments, local small county parks, and small woodlot roadways that pass thru them..And often only the heads...The silent kellers make it more unlikely one will be caught....The bow and crossbow are a poachers dream weapon...

Biggest Buck I have ever seen was a short walk up the hill and he could have watched or looked down on a Steeler Game...Another was bedded alongside a road within a couple miles from a development....
Posted By: erickg Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/03/21
Tag
One time while bird watching in San Antonio I came across two what looked like Guatemalan Indians, little guys, dressed out in camo, one had a shotgun the other a rifle. Didn’t appear to speak English. Friendly encounter.

‘Nother time during a Christmas Bird Count in the city a rapid string of early morning semi-auto fire not far off in the woods. At the time I figured an SKS which were common and cheap.

Not too long back the water company hired trappers to thin out the hogs on a facility they owned, found a couple of recently-used stands, bow or crossbow hunters in the neighborhood.

Schit kickers that inherited daddy's hard work are no match for Flave.

Has he told about his pallet collection daddy left him?

Over a thousand, some say.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/04/21

And another Cat Fish took the BAIT !!! Howdy Slummer. Rio7
Just so things are clear, Rio will shoot someone for poaching one of his livestock (WT deer) and is unafraid of legal consequences, but lets illegal aliens run free because he's afraid of legal consequences. I'm not passing judgement in either scenario, just making sure it's all got sunshine on it.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Just so things are clear, Rio will shoot someone for poaching one of his livestock (WT deer) and is unafraid of legal consequences, but lets illegal aliens run free because he's afraid of legal consequences. I'm not passing judgement in either scenario, just making sure it's all got sunshine on it.

Illegal aliens taste like schiet.

I blame it on the feed...

And another Cat Fish took the BAIT !!! Howdy Slummer. Rio7

The only bait youre doling out is your corn piles.

LOL

I gut hooked you over some pallets. Asked you post a pic and you turned i to a little girl over it.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/04/21
Strange thread - some odd values and nonsense claims - and some dummies messin' with the wrong folks.

FROM THE TOP ROPE!!!
Slummer Lord Of the CAT FISH, You were told where to find the pictures of the pallets, You couldn't GUT HOOK a little girl, and your a LIER, And Dummer than a ROCK. like I said all mouth no BRAINS.

BillyGoatGruff, I have never had a illegal pouch a deer, or threaten to kill deer here, why don't you get off you ass and come pet some of our livestock, who was it that said SHEEESH????

Rio7
Posted By: Ralphie Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/04/21

Get on the Google Earth, search for Bridger lake in NW Wyoming. Tell me how many miles it is to the nearest road. You can even use as the crow flies distance and ANY road counts too.
There were a few like Charlie in the plantation country of South Georgia/North Florida I knew growing up in Tallahassee. I was friends with both the poachers and some of the plantation families and managers. One instance one of the family members was returning home late and spotted the Bronco of one of poachers parked along the road to the house. Tim stopped and looked into the Bronco and spotted a gas can. Tim busted the window and burned the truck with the gas. Tim went on to the house using his secret entrance because he knew Andy would have put nails in the driveway. Andy and his buddy who had been driving were retrieving a deer and were just 50yards in the woods watching Tim burn the truck. Andy said it was a long walk back to town and then had to report his new Bronco stolen in the morning. Andy just laughed and said he had it coming. Tim said it felt good to get a little even with Andy for all the flat tires and ruined nights sleep.
Slummer Lord Of the CAT FISH, You were told where to find the pictures of the pallets, You couldn't GUT HOOK a little girl, and your a LIER, And Dummer than a ROCK. like I said all mouth no BRAINS.

BillyGoatGruff, I have never had a illegal pouch a deer, or threaten to kill deer here, why don't you get off you ass and come pet some of our livestock, who was it that said SHEEESH????

Rio7

I could put you in a spot with a density of 25 deer per sq mile near here and it would take you a week or more to kill a ratty yearling doe.

Posted By: deflave Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/04/21
Rio sure is uptight about a fellow Campfire member hunting his land.

LOL

CATFISH,

WRONG, There are several Campfire Members that have been here to Shoot and Hunt but they were invited, YOU ARE NOT !!

Slummer CAT, you haven't seen 25 deer in you life Quit lying ----LAUGHING gut hook Your ASS Rio7

Slummer CAT, you haven't seen 25 deer in you life Quit lying ----LAUGHING gut hook Your ASS Rio7

The pallet king talkin smack. LOL

yeah

When youre ready to come do some real deer hunting, PM me.

No feeders, no bait piles, no special guides LOL, no strapped to the front of a jeep, no shooting house with swivel office chairs, no open fields.

Just thorns, vines, deadfall and woodsmanship skills.

Originally Posted by slumlord

Rio7

I could put you in a spot with a density of 25 deer per sq mile near here and it would take you a week or more to kill a ratty yearling doe.

I can put you in places here where you can walk 3 miles in the snow and not cut a track. It's comparatively easy to kill deer in places where there's 25 psm..
Posted By: ribka Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/05/21
That sounds like too much work to me

The pallet king talkin smack. LOL

yeah

When youre ready to come do some real deer hunting, PM me.

No feeders, no bait piles, no special guides LOL, no strapped to the front of a jeep, no shooting house with swivel office chairs, no open fields.

Just thorns, vines, deadfall and woodsmanship skills.

If a ranch is high fenced can you still be charged with poaching?

Theft, trespassing, I can see. I don’t see how poaching can apply to livestock.

I have no idea if Rio’s, or any other ranch is high fenced being discussed here. Just making an observation.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/05/21

SLUM CAT FISH, You couldn't out hunt anyone from your couch, and out hunting you would be like walking over a field of bare tit's, EASY. Rio7
I've got friends that hunt 10 acre farms in the NE. I've got friends in the Mid-West that call a ditch running between two agricultural fields a "river bottom". I've got friends out West who believe that the biggest problem they have is getting close enough to make the shot.

Things are different all over, and not always as they seem.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/05/21

MaddMooner, Makes no difference what fence a ranch has, pouching is pouching , but criminal trespass, is usually an additional charge. Good way to get some prison time in S, Texas. I have never seen a fence a Quail couldn't fly over, or wildlife couldn't jump, go thru, go under, on the bigger places 10000 acres or bigger the wild life doesn't know if they are fenced in or not.
I am not a big fan of high fence's on small places and that's were high fence gets the bad rap. Rio7

MaddMooner, Makes no difference what fence a ranch has, pouching is pouching , but criminal trespass, is usually an additional charge. Good way to get some prison time in S, Texas. I have never seen a fence a Quail couldn't fly over, or wildlife couldn't jump, go thru, go under, on the bigger places 10000 acres or bigger the wild life doesn't know if they are fenced in or not.
I am not a big fan of high fence's on small places and that's were high fence gets the bad rap. Rio7
We had a guy put up a high fence around his property here. NYDEC gave him a choice to either take it down or capture and remove all of the States wildlife from inside the enclosure. He took it down.
Posted By: deflave Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/05/21

CATFISH,

WRONG, There are several Campfire Members that have been here to Shoot and Hunt but they were invited, YOU ARE NOT !!

I understand that. I’m wanting to do the same thing just without you.

What’s the problem?

We had a guy put up a high fence around his property here. NYDEC gave him a choice to either take it down or capture and remove all of the States wildlife from inside the enclosure. He took it down.

Nice bullschit story.

Plus you will kill anybody poaching.

LOL

Nice bullschit story.
Absolte truth you dumb shyt.
Sure it is.
Sure it is.
You're a good Democrat. Always accusing others of what you do yourself.
Sure it is.

Was he a gunsmith too?

LOL

SLUM CAT FISH, You couldn't out hunt anyone from your couch, and out hunting you would be like walking over a field of bare tit's, EASY. Rio7

CORN POP, You couldn’t tear your way out of feed sack.
Sure it is.

Was he a gunsmith too?

LOL
I don't think so. Maybe he worked for the border patrol.
What a loser!

LOL
Yeah, worthless, incompetent, POS, lazy leach like all gov't employee's I bet.

No arguing that.

But your high fence story is still pure BS.

LOL

No arguing that.

But your high fence story is still pure BS.

LOL
Your very existence is pure BS.

LOL
At least you’ve stopped denying your story is BS.

LOL
Posted By: irfubar Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/05/21

The closest road to this spot is 30 miles.... the closest....
Bob Marshall...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I deny it's BS. However most everything out of your mouth is BS and you know it as well as I do.

LOL
I deny it's BS. However most everything out of your mouth is BS and you know it as well as I do.

LOL

Hey now... don't make me ignore you.....
Blackbart,

If Rio keeps refusing to invite me to Tejas, can I hunt with you?
Blackbart,

No.
Blackbart,

No.

Please?
No.
Blackbart,

No.

Please?

Lmfao
No.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Thats a great idea.
No.

Darnit, just tell him to bring his 308 with 243 bullets.
Flave doesn’t get a golden beaver award after a marathon run with multiple ignores and butt hurt members like this? JFC...... talk about rigged elections!
I know right

And I had split what I got
First the facebook won't allow the Flave... now Rio..... wtf is the world coming to?
Posted By: HawkI Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/05/21
People poach. I think some do it mainly for the thrill. I do have an issue with trespassing. Me and two partners bought an old strip mine in Muhlenberg County, KY. It was Peabody ground back in the early 90’s. Public then, been privately owned coal company ground since. People still treated it like it was public. I was nice for a while, then had to start prosecuting repeat offenders. We’d fenced off entrances, added gates and put up signs. Didn’t matter, they’d cut their way in. 22 tickets have been written in the last 6 months. Getting better now.....
Posted By: Steve Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/05/21
Originally Posted by ribka

The frank church. Middle fork of the Salmon river

Yep.

Probably also some places in the Owyhee drainage.
Posted By: Judman Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/05/21
Blackbart,

No.

Please?

Oh god damn I haven’t laughed this hard in forever!! Haha

Ol rio7 is gonna stroke out!! 😂😂
Posted By: CCCC Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/06/21
Originally Posted by Judman
Blackbart,
No.

Please?
Oh god damn I haven’t laughed this hard in forever!! Haha Ol rio7 is gonna stroke out!! 😂😂

Do you know Rio7? If anything on earth is true, it is that Rio7 is not going to stroke out over these silly clowns.
Nah, he's in a ghillie suit looking to shoot poachers while handing out lunches and maps to the illegal aliens.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/06/21
Nah, he's in a ghillie suit looking to shoot poachers while handing out lunches and maps to the illegal aliens.
You may have felt as if you were writing something humorous there. If so, you missed the mark by a mile. To some, ignorance probably can be blissful - and empty.

To those who so willingly take the low road with the Campfire, it seems that you may be missing the significance of the poaching metaphor. Those who have built and contributed to the better aspects of this place clearly see the effects of the poaching.
Originally Posted by CCCC
You may have felt as if you were writing something humorous there. If so, you missed the mark by a mile. To some, ignorance probably can be blissful - and empty.

To those who so willingly take the low road with the Campfire, it seems that you may be missing the significance of the poaching metaphor. Those who have built and contributed to the better aspects of this place clearly see the effects of the poaching.

I was humorous and on point. That you missed it is not my fault. I wrote my post based on his own statements on here. Doubt me? Use the search function. He has expressed frustration with the federal immigration system and the laws as enforced preventing citizens from protecting their property from illegal aliens. So they get a free pass, no judgment from me on that point. But he then puffs up like a south Texas Banty rooster and says how’ll hell shoot a (presumably American citizen?) poacher. That you can’t see the conflict there is again, not my fault.

Further, if you think my post is an example of the “low road” on here you ought read more and practice indignation less.
Posted By: irfubar Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/06/21

I was humorous and on point. That you missed it is not my fault. I wrote my post based on his own statements on here. Doubt me? Use the search function. He has expressed frustration with the federal immigration system and the laws as enforced preventing citizens from protecting their property from illegal aliens. So they get a free pass, no judgment from me on that point. But he then puffs up like a south Texas Banty rooster and says how’ll hell shoot a (presumably American citizen?) poacher. That you can’t see the conflict there is again, not my fault.

Further, if you think my post is an example of the “low road” on here you ought read more and practice indignation less.

Careful now Gruff... you may chase CCCC off and make him go to the facebook.... wink
Posted By: CCCC Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/07/21
You may have felt as if you were writing something humorous there. If so, you missed the mark by a mile. To some, ignorance probably can be blissful - and empty. To those who so willingly take the low road with the Campfire, it seems that you may be missing the significance of the poaching metaphor. Those who have built and contributed to the better aspects of this place clearly see the effects of the poaching.

I was humorous and on point. That you missed it is not my fault. I wrote my post based on his own statements on here. Doubt me? Use the search function. He has expressed frustration with the federal immigration system and the laws as enforced preventing citizens from protecting their property from illegal aliens. So they get a free pass, no judgment from me on that point. But he then puffs up like a south Texas Banty rooster and says how’ll hell shoot a (presumably American citizen?) poacher. That you can’t see the conflict there is again, not my fault. Further, if you think my post is an example of the “low road” on here you ought read more and practice indignation less.

I didn't miss a thing in your post - got it all and the various posts that preceded it - and it was your inept exaggeration that caught my attention. "Nah, he's in a ghillie suit looking to shoot poachers while handing out lunches and maps to the illegal aliens" is ridiculous - and your "presumption" is not funny at all given the circumstances. Try learning the actualities - a condition better than ignorance.

Who would know about the class level of the road you choose? My comment was addressed to "those who". If it fits, go ahead and wear it. I read plenty here - probably more than I should - and am not in the least indignant about that silly junk. The crassness was not pointed at me.

Direct experience and first-hand knowledge are valuable. The time and effort given to join camp and gather around the fire with good folks from the Campfire almost always brings great rewards - anything less is rare. The lack of civility and accountability associated with internet sites affords something different.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/07/21
Originally Posted by irfubar
You may have felt as if you were writing something humorous there. If so, you missed the mark by a mile. To some, ignorance probably can be blissful - and empty. To those who so willingly take the low road with the Campfire, it seems that you may be missing the significance of the poaching metaphor. Those who have built and contributed to the better aspects of this place clearly see the effects of the poaching.

Careful now Gruff... you may chase CCCC off and make him go to the facebook.... wink

Yeah - good luck with that idea.
Posted By: BobMt Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/07/21

I think you hit that nail right on the head......bob
Posted By: deflave Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/07/21
If Rio is such a great guy, why won’t he let Flave hunt his place?
Posted By: RL Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/07/21

So sorry Rio is being selfish. If you want you can hunt our place. Just about a mile due south of Lake Falcon and the town of Zapata. Go in by boat and not worry about the locked gate coming out of Zapata. Thousands of acres and no antler restrictions. You have an open invitation and no need to let me know you are on the property. How's that for Texas hospitality? Charles Beatty would be proud...
Sounds a little snarky
Originally Posted by RL

So sorry Rio is being selfish. If you want you can hunt our place. Just about a mile due south of Lake Falcon and the town of Zapata. Go in by boat and not worry about the locked gate coming out of Zapata. Thousands of acres and no antler restrictions. You have an open invitation and no need to let me know you are on the property. How's that for Texas hospitality? Charles Beatty would be proud...

The idea of not having to meet another Texan is appealing.

I’ll think about it.
Posted By: irfubar Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/07/21
Originally Posted by RL

I’ll think about it.

The bag limit is 20 cartel members..... wink
RL,

Follow up question if I may...

Are there any black people in that area?
Originally Posted by RL

I’ll think about it.

Hey Brother - didn't mean to mislead. I have no desire for us to meet. Good poachers do it all on their own anyway. Just this could be that "once in a lifetime" opportunity and this good hearted Texan wouldn't want you to miss out. Please do think about it.
I wanna see Flave poach on Rio's place. After all of this, he doesn't have a hair on his ass if he doesn't. I'm popping popcorn now.
RL,

Strange question - but yes as a matter of fact there are. Several black cowboys working ranches on the north side of Falcon, probably not a many on the south side. To be honest the location I am recommending you poach is largely un-hunted so good for you.... But not sure what that has to do with it - go in at night and it doesn't matter if black, white, brown or Florida colored. Hope that helps.
Originally Posted by RL

Hey Brother - didn't mean to mislead. I have no desire for us to meet. Good poachers do it all on their own anyway. Just this could be that "once in a lifetime" opportunity and this good hearted Texan wouldn't want you to miss out. Please do think about it.

The thing about Texan’s and opinions is that Texans are retarded.
Originally Posted by RL

Strange question - but yes as a matter of fact there are. Several black cowboys working ranches on the north side of Falcon, probably not a many on the south side. To be honest the location I am recommending you poach is largely un-hunted so good for you.... But not sure what that has to do with it - go in at night and it doesn't matter if black, white, brown or Florida colored. Hope that helps.

What about Mexicans?

Could one of them guide me?
I wanna see Flave poach on Rio's place. After all of this, he doesn't have a hair on his ass if he doesn't. I'm popping popcorn now.

Yeah.

Seems easier than the other retard’s suggestion.
Originally Posted by RL

Thank you for letting me know my mental status. I will have that checked out. In the mean time did a Texan steal your marbles when you were young or something? Seems you have lost them. Maybe you can find them while you are poaching.
Originally Posted by RL

Thank you for letting me know my mental status. I will have that checked out. In the mean time did a Texan steal your marbles when you were young or something? Seems you have lost them. Maybe you can find them while you are poaching.
Originally Posted by RL

What about Mexicans?

Could one of them guide me?

I'm sure that could be arranged however I thought you were into poaching and just figured you wouldn't need a guide. But look at me going on about it - me with the mental disorder.....

Yeah.

Seems easier than the other retard’s suggestion.

OK - got it now. You want easy poaching. You already pegged me a little slow ya know. Still think this is a good opportunity but it's up to you. If you need I can find you a few places south of Laredo. That's northwest of Zapata and to be honest don't know a lot about them.
Rio’s place sounds much easier.
Flave got a buncha of you guys wound up tighter than an old school alarm clock.

LMFAO!!!!
Sounds a little snarky

Up north we say “kghunty.”

But yes.
Posted By: RL Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/08/21
Sounds a little snarky

But yes.

Snarky, kghunty (not heard that but not from "up north") retarded, or whatever works for me. Just trying to help a brother out with his poaching fantasy.
Posted By: irfubar Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/08/21
Originally Posted by RL
Sounds a little snarky

But yes.

Snarky, kghunty (not heard that but not from "up north") retarded, or whatever works for me. Just trying to help a brother out with his poaching fantasy.

Flave has a new stalker....... smile
Flave has a new stalker....... smile

Stalkin flave on a private forum, is poachin.
He waited 17 years to blow his wad

29 posts

Sounds like Rio has a sock puppet

Serious case of blue balls

29 posts

Good point Slumy..... Flave has a rapist..... damn
Posted By: deflave Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/08/21
You guys are too quick to judge.

Everybody loves Flave. Even Rio.

The only reason he won’t agree to take me hunting is because he needs to maintain his tough guy image.
Originally Posted by renegade50
Flave got a buncha of you guys wound up tighter than an old school alarm clock.

LMFAO!!!!

Really? OK sounds good if it makes you feel better to think so. Actually I was just trying to catch up on the post count. This should make 30. On my way to Oracle status - LOL. This is kinda fun, didn't know what I was missing.... could it be possible I am stringing a couple of you along? NAH couldn't happen to the brain trust.
Posted By: 10at6 Re: Yeah He was a damn poacher - 01/08/21
Is this about poaching in a place nobody wants to hunt?

29 posts

Figured it was bound to happen. Pretty transparent actually. All good though, give me a few thousand more posts and I can be as cool as you. In the mean time " just a good old boy never meaning no harm" and GFY.....
Originally Posted by RL

29 posts

Figured it was bound to happen. Pretty transparent actually. All good though, give me a few thousand more posts and I can be as cool as you. In the mean time " just a good old boy never meaning no harm" and GFY.....

If you are going to aspire to greatness I suggest you set your standard much higher than me...... wink

Oh and a new sock puppet..... just what this place needs
Originally Posted by RL

29 posts

If you are going to aspire to greatness I suggest you set your standard much higher than me...... wink

Oh and a new sock puppet..... just what this place needs

Guess I'm out of the loop. Been called a sock puppet but not sure what that means. Was called retarded earlier today - got that one. Guess I will have to loose some sleep over it. By the way if someone wants to hunt S Texas let me know. Be next season but it is great hunting.
RL,

I was looking at the area you described and Jesus Christ.

Your parents may as well left you bags of raccoon schit.

Rio’s place is way better.
RL,

I was looking at the area you described and Jesus Christ.

Your parents may as well left you bags of raccoon schit.

Rio’s place is way better.

LOL... Does that mean you don't want to come hunt? And here I thought we were working out a plan. You can't have any idea how much that devastates me.

Maybe Rio takes me hunting before you - I have taken the heat off him and kept you from getting shot for poaching smile

Let me know if you change your mind. Manana Amigo.

Uh, because he's a great guy? wink
RL,

No, youll be on your own. shocked

No pancakes for you before the morning hunt, pal.

Best bring your boy and his gun, so you will have the correct ammo and get some meat.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Uh, because he's a great guy? wink

Jag,

Why are Texans so stupid?
Ya know....I don't think I've ever had poached eggs.
Originally Posted by DMc
Hey Roger, thanks for posting this. Having lived in Harlingen a few years, I was aware of an illegal Nilgai, (hog & deer) hunting operation that poached the Laguna Madre side of the King Ranch. One thing I never really understood was how some of those barrier islands were also habitat for Nilgai, deer, hogs, AND rattlesnakes! How the fug did they get out there? Hard to believe any animal would swim a mile or more.
they, will swim, but a lot of that are can be waded.
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Ya know....I don't think I've ever had poached eggs.

I haven't.
Poached deer sounds disgusting.
Originally Posted by DMc
they, will swim, but a lot of that are can be waded.

I have seen coyotes chasing birds on the spoil islands out of Port Isabel and Laguna Vista. Know they were after the birds but seems like a lot of trouble for them to swim out there.
© 24hourcampfire